[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I brought up David Bowie's death to my two friends today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7
File: bowie_aladin_sane_1000px.jpg (191 KB, 1000x1107) Image search: [Google]
bowie_aladin_sane_1000px.jpg
191 KB, 1000x1107
I brought up David Bowie's death to my two friends today. My one friend said "literally who?", the other said "Yeah, my mom listened to him, didn't he do oldies?"

Are they plebs, or is Bowie irrelevant today?
>>
Get better friends.
>>
My facebook feed is full of normies sad about it so I don't think so op.
>>
I just listend to Hunky Dory today. He's the guy who did CHC CH CHC CHANGES!

So in a sense, I've been a fan for a while.
>>
>>61673595
the answer is c, people are suckers for an icon

the question to ask is how many people do you know who, if he didn't die, would even give "black star" the time of day. that should measure his relevance.

oh, and ACTUALLY LIKE IT. not just pick it up because its "bowie"
>>
Bowie is what got me into traps, so I'd say he is pretty relevant today. Your friends are probably just plebs.
>>
David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art.

All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one.

Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading).

Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.
>>
File: va.jpg (25 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
va.jpg
25 KB, 350x250
>>61673676
>tfw when the verses blow but the chorus is fire
>>
>>61673595
stop hanging out with 10 year olds you pedo fuck
>>
>>61673595

He's not irrelevant, your friends just suck
>>
>>61673746
There are plenty of people in their mid twenties early thirties who have no fucking idea who he is.

Let that sink in.
>>
>>61673695
lol
>>61673722
you're jealous cause you ain't having fun with young blood
>>
>>61673685
Fuck you man, I had no idea who Bowie was first time I downloaded his early albums and I loved him. Also, I've been looking forward to Blackstar since the first single dropped, and I even passed The Next Day.
People aren't being suckered, they aren't pretending, they actually like what you don't like you autistic fuck.
>>
>>61673799
It's terrible, but I honestly don't expect most people my age to be cultured. Most of them are plebs who won't spend any of their free time doing anything other than looking up from their phones or hanging out and doing pleb stuff.
>>
>>61673595
My GF said Bowie was a has-been

I re-evaluated my relationship with her
>>
>tell roommate about Bowie's death
>"who the fuck is that guy?"
>tell him who he is
>"oh... don't know. but you know, i'm not into that kind of music"
>>
>>61673834
He doesn't like what I like, so he's autistic/psycho/a faggot (irony).
>>
>>61673867
My GF...keks
>>
I myself have never heard a David Bowie album in full

Should I change that or no?
I was thinking of downloading some of his stuff
>>
>>61673892
A symptom of autism is being unable to distinguish others from yourself.
When you project yourself onto others by saying they're pretending to like something you don't like, or that they mistakenly think they like it, this is what you're doing.
The lack of empathy doesn't necessarily stem from autism, but I used the term more correctly than it's usually used here.
>>
lmfao I have a friend that doesn't even know the beatles
>>
>>61673967
Well, that's fine since John Lennon was the OG cuck
>>
>>61673872
Sacrifice him to the black star
>>
>>61673857
>pleb stuff
Explain
>>
>>61673957
I'm listening to a Best of Bowie CD. I don't own a complete album either.
>>
>>61673959
Sobbing like a bitch over a pedo neo-nazi. Damn, shouldn't you be on pol?
>>
>>61674133
troll
>>
>>61674087
Watch football and drink bud light?
>>
bowie is dadrock
>>
>>61673685
Sad but true
>>
>>61673695
>Bowie is what got me into traps, so I'd say he is pretty relevant today.
>>
>>61673595
your friends are probably those kids that grew up playing video games all day
>>
>>61674133
>judging someone's music quality based on their lives
reddit desu
>>
A lot of turboplens don't know bowie himself but then they know some of his songs, like Heroes, Let's Dance and Changes
>>
>>61673595
He had like one or two decent songs. I can't actually say he even had an objectively good song.
And he was confirmed gay, so fuck him and good riddance.
>>
>>61673867
Dump her
>>
>>61675034
here's your attention, hope you enjoy
>>
>>61673595
Your friends are pathetic as fuck.
>>
The only person who mentioned him to me today was my grandpa, so...
>>
>>61673957
Why wouldn't you fucking change that?
>>
I brought it up to a lot of people and the only person who legitimately was a fan was my wife's boyfriend, cool guy.
>>
>>61673957
I give you permission.
>>
>>61675226
kek
>>
>>61675226
underrated post
>>
>>61673595
If they didn't know that Bowie's birthday was this past Friday, and he just released a new album on his birthday, then these people are plebs.
>>
>>61675226
Top keks you cuck.
>>
>>61675974
the creepy thing is, Lemmy died shortly after his bday
>>
if most young adults don't know/listen to bowie, then why are there hundreds of people talking about him on 4chan right now? why does 4chan have a specific culture, and where did it come from?
>>
>tfw my dad and my mom like him and felt sad for the news.
feels good man
>>
>>61676611
>why does 4chan have a specific culture, and where did it come from?
It came from cheetos dust in our neckbeards
>>
>>61673595
>My one friend said "literally who?"

who fucking talks like this in real life
>>
>>61673595
Yeah. I got really similar reactions from two of my friends today. One said he wondered why I was upset and the other thought he was just an actor. :(
>>
>>61673595
Are you in high school pham?
>>
>>61676833
I got the same reaction at college. People are uneducated and infantile these days.
>>
>>61673716
What are you talking about? Bowie was a great musician. Many of his compositions were always creative and unique.
>>
nobody knew who the fuck he is other than people trying to look cool on facebook
>>
File: piero.jpg (14 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
piero.jpg
14 KB, 450x300
>>61673716
>>
>>61673595
Are you friends with literal /mu/? Because that sounds terrible.
>>
>>61673595
>"literally who?"

if i knew somebody who spoke like that i would avoid them as much as possible and make fun of them behind their back for being a cocksucker.
>>
>>61676611
>>61676872
>>
File: thiscantbehappening.png (794 KB, 1920x817) Image search: [Google]
thiscantbehappening.png
794 KB, 1920x817
>>61674093

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT PLEB
>>
>>61673957
This. I have genuinely been planning to get round to listening to some of his stuff for the past few weeks, but with his death it now feels like I'd be a bandwagon-jumper. Anyone else get what I mean?

Also, if I was to listen to him where do you think I should start? I think I have Heroes laying around somewhere...
>>
Sucks to be you OP, my friends and I love Bowie music. One of my friends literally cried for 10 minutes straight when he heard the news.
>>
>>61673595
most of my friends are what would be considered plebs and they were all shocked and saddened by his death (they love all his singles). maybe it's a geographical thing? where abouts are you from OP?
>>
>>61678445
LOLZ
O
L
Z
>>
>>61678524
i get you famm

give hunky dory or ziggy stardust a listen, they're both incredible
>>
>>61679492
Thanks Anon, and yeah I'll check those out.
>>
Get this: my friend genuinely believed he was a Beatle. I'm not calling pleb here, at this point that's just disappointing
>>
>>61673595
Kill your friends. Just do it faggot
>>
My prof asked everyone if they knew who Bowie was and like five people raised their hands. Someone said they heard about him from Kanye's tweet.

I felt like I was living in one of those le wrong generation comics.
>>
>>61674813
momrock desu
>>
>discussed Bowie with mom
>saw the love for Blackstar
>decided I'll get into his stuff
>he dies
>gonna look like a bandwagon trender if I end up enjoying and buying his albums
fucking hell
>>
Yeah am I crazy or something? I went out to talk with my roomate's shitty friends who came back from playing garbage guitar at an open mic night near my house and casually joked that I'd just been listening to Bowie all day and the shitty wannabe guitar player said "oh yeah that happened. I don't like him". I asked him wtf he was talking about, and mentioned that he'd talked pretty favorable about Queen before and he said, I shit you not "Oh yeah my favorite band is Queen. But David Bowie's only good stuff is in Labyrinth".

Who are these people?
>>
>>61673957
You need to make some ch ch ch changes
>>
>>61673967
I'd consider that nigga lucky.
>>
Most Moms are sad because they liked him in Labyrinth. Most Dads are sad because they liked the Berlin trilogy / Ziggy Stardust.

t. Normie researcher
>>
>>61678524
I've said this to several people today, but Bowie transcends that sort of hipster bullshit. Listen to his stuff, it's what he would have wanted.
>>
File: lel.png (198 KB, 293x266) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
198 KB, 293x266
>>61674914
I kek'd
>>
File: topkuk.jpg (325 KB, 860x700) Image search: [Google]
topkuk.jpg
325 KB, 860x700
>>61675226
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.