[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Bowie was not a pop star. Seriously, stop calling him that.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: David-Bowie.jpg (164 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
David-Bowie.jpg
164 KB, 1366x768
David Bowie was not a pop star.
Seriously, stop calling him that. It's offensive. He's one of the most progressive and experimental musicians of modern times.
>>
he was a black star
>>
he was an artist, not a musician
>>
lol shut up nerd
>>
There is only

Art
Folk
Pop
>>
>>61663005
He was a pop star! and that's ok, because he took his weirdest influences and made them accessible so that people might come across his work one day and think
>wow this is really weird
next minute they're onto Brian Eno and Robert Fripp's stuff and you can open up a fucking world of experimental and weird stuff from there.

Pop **Artist** in the truest sense
>>
pop isn't necessarily a bad thing. the fact that he could make music that worked so well as pop and was still experimental was his greatest strength
>>
>>61663031
8.5/10 Best New Meme
>>
>>61663041
he was both, stop being contrarian
>>
>>61663005
>He's one of the most progressive and experimental musicians of modern times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ
>>
File: 1366876222222.jpg (81 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1366876222222.jpg
81 KB, 500x329
>>61663005
>David Bowie was not a pop star.
>>
>>61663005
rock = pop(ular) music.
>>
File: 4642681.png (5 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
4642681.png
5 KB, 300x300
>>61663005
>He's one of the most progressive and experimental musicians of modern times.
>>
>>61663075
Fucking this.

If it weren't for discovering Bowie when I was 13 I wouldn't be listening to fucking Merzbow or Grant Green today.
>>
>>61663121
yeah
i class his shit as theatre tho, everything post ziggy
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.