[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with Bowie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (172 KB, 641x356) Image search: [Google]
image.png
172 KB, 641x356
Where do I start with Bowie?
>>
With the first album in his discography, like you would with any other artist.
>>
>>61657258
Not true. Some debuts are trash and not indictive of an artist
>>
Ziggy Stardust
>>
I'm in the same path OP, just start from the beginning, you have time to listen the entire work, is not like is coming to your town to play a gig soon ;_;

https://mega.nz/#F!TkEmUZBQ!UrO8m3UhEfvuVpXFBr-fJg!L0UxTJQI
>>
>>61657282
Why would you not want to explore the natural progression of the artist so you can fully appreciate and understand their highs and lows? Successes and failures? Why their critically acclaimed albums are so, when compared with the rest of their discography?

Are you some kind of casual listener Anon?
>>
Folk era:
- Space Oddity
- Hunky Dory

Glamrock era:
- Man who sold the world
- Ziggy Stardust
- Aladdin Sane
- Diamond Dogs

White soul era:
- Young Americans
- Station to Station

Berlin era:
- Low
- Heroes

Post-Berlin:
- Scary Monsters
- Let's Dance
- Outside

Modern Bowie:
- Heathen
- Reality
- Next Day
- Blackstar
>>
>>61657336
With someone like Bowie who has a large body of work, I don't have the time to listen to everything.
>>
>>61657199
Hunky Dory -> Ziggy Stardust -> Station to Station -> Low -> "Heroes" -> Lodger -> Scary Monsters -> Outside -> Blackstar.
>>
>>61657381
You forgot Lodger there m8
>>
>>61657482
I forgot to put Space Oddity before Hunky Dory. Start with SO first.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.