[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was Mozart's work the pinnacle of Classical music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: mozart.jpg (125 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mozart.jpg
125 KB, 640x480
I can't help but think that Mozart's ""Lacrimosa Dies Illa" is objectively the most exquisite, pristine, and powerful pieces of classical music ever orchestrated.
>>
File: mistake.jpg (28 KB, 600x465) Image search: [Google]
mistake.jpg
28 KB, 600x465
>>61641689
>>
>>61641689
Hi Trey
>>
I cant deny that Mozart was possibly the most talented composer and even by a significant margin. I say possibly because he died as his career was seeing exponential growth, in the midst of his best work. However I think that altogether the development of music in the romantic era brought about a greater degree of expression and I think its a bit presumptuous to say music hit some sort of objective "peak" at the end of the 18th century. No doubt Mozarts music is beautiful but there are entire musical concepts missing from his repertoire. Personally I prefer Beethoven to Mozart but I feel strongly that had we been living in a universe where Mozart lived a full life it would be criminal to say such a thing.
>>
>>61641689
>>61641790
>"Relativity was a mistake" - Alfred Einstein
>>
The Rite of Spring.
>>
>>61641847
top response, mate
>>
>>61641849
This
>>
>>61641849
>>61641939
I like this. Adequate post, my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWotpIy0uTg
>>
>>61641689
Yes. His quartets, concerti, and operas are easily the best ever penned.
>>61641849
Not even Stravinsky's best work.
>>
>>61641689
did mozart even write the lacrimosa? i know that he started it, but he died before he finished it right?
probably why that movement sucks dick.
Domine jesu is best movement.
>>
Bach
>>
>>61643109
/thread
>>
>>61641689
Yes. Watch his operas on youtube when you have a few hours to spare.
>>
>>61643109
ew
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.