[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Matt Bellamy so based? I can't find any flaws in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
File: 8271083960_ca2a0b57ba_z.jpg (125 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
8271083960_ca2a0b57ba_z.jpg
125 KB, 612x612
Why is Matt Bellamy so based? I can't find any flaws in his music, voice, or personality.

I'm practically fanboying over him now. Help me /mu/
>>
>>61640190
That's because you haven't listened to Drones yet.
>>
He's tumblrcore shit.
>>
>>61640190
>manlet

But in all seriousness, I don't think i've ever witnessed a band make 4 great albums and the proceed to churn out nothing but shit for the better part of a decade.
>>
>>61640190
because he sounds exactly like thommo yorko but worse
>>
>>61640300
But Bellamy's voice is stronger than Yorke's?
>>
His voice was pretty ridiculous in the first three albums. Showbiz is, I would agree, a flawless record but that doesn't make it a great one. It's just kind of alright.

I don't think they've ever made a bad album, though, I'm just not as big on their earlier material.
>>
>>61640300
Bellamy's voice is way better than Thom's
>>
>>61640428
It's more impressionable, yes. He sounds horrible though.

Anyways, I have no use for Muse's pseudo-prog since I'm not 13 anymore
>>
>>61640428
>>61640513
range is overrated
Bellamy is all style no substance, it's embarassing
>>
>>61640513
I beg to differ.
>>
>>61640532
Not talking about range
>>
>>61640532
Vocally what would that even mean?
>>
Is it the same as before
>>
>>61640190
Because you're stuck in 2005 somehow.
>>
It's kinda cool to see /mu/ get so butthurt about Muse nowadays, in a way it shows how far they've gotten. I remember when everyone was gushing about The Resistance and then Twilight happened and it got too mainstream for /mu/.
>>
>>61640190
>>>/reddit/
>>
>Bellamy is all style no substance, it's embarassing

I don't get it. I'll grant you that his lyrics aren't Pink Floyd-material, but he definitely doesn't write shit for his songs. I don't know of any band today that still writes "good" lyrics and is mainstream.
>>
>>61640190
Music? Oh my god, yes, every muse album is an 8/10 at least, they have 3 easy 10/10s as well.
Voice? Only since 2006, and only in the lowest registers. He sounded dumb when singing high like "I WONT STAND IN YOUR WAY". He avoided it in BHAR, TR AND 2L, but for some reason it came back in Drones. Who knows what's up with that.
Personality: I don't know much about him, but he seems chill. Must be interesting to chat with him, being the kind of guy who writes songs about theoretical physics and Club of Rome reports.
>>
>>61640626
What the fuck are you talking about? Muse have always been disliked on this board by the majority
>>
>>61640190
I hate this mans voice. I don't know why but Muse make me want to explode. Listening to their albums on repeat would be torture for me.
>>
>>61640869
OP here. That's really interesting to hear, because I have the complete opposite opinion. For me, listening to Muse makes anything a jam.
>>
>>61640856
For the last six years or so, Twilight was a long time ago, mate. But I was there, the board fucking loved them before that. And I have no doubt the new blood actually dislikes them for reasons unrelated to twilight, that's generational shift in action, but that's how it started.
>>
>>61640910
I just can't stand it, its so whiney and unnatural, it's like he is trying to sound beautiful and it just comes off as really forced artificial. He has like an american idol contestant voice.
>>
>>61640190
>personality
He looks Polish that should be enough to devalue him as a person
>>
>>61641052
>>>/pol/
>>
>>61640190
>I can't find any flaws in his music, voice, or personality
Being overly-derivative isn't a flaw?
>>
Used to be based. Then he got cucked by Kate Hudson and made a horrible album.
>>
>>61641186
Honestly? I wouldn't say so. A thing is good or there isn't. I don't care if there's a dozen billion things like it, or if some are better, this thing is good and I enjoy this thing. I may enjoy some of those other things as well, but that doesn't deplete my enjoyment of this.
>>
DUDE
NEW WORLD ORDER
LMAO
>>
>>61640920
see >>61640525
>>
>>61641376
>or if some are better, this thing is good and I enjoy this thing
What about the billions of things better? Do you enjoy them more? Why focus on just this one thing?
>>
>>61641224
i'm triggered cuz you're actually right
>>
>>61641439
Well, with objective things, like ergonomics and such. Sure. But with subjective things, like music, then sure still, it's up for debate what things are "better" but I do enjoy better things more. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy this one thing, should I just spent all my time on the top 15 things I deem to be good? There's really no harm in just liking and talking about liking something because "There's better things out there". Sure, there's better things, I'm enjoying this now. I'm not going to stop eating a hamburger because spaghetti is my favourite food: I'm eating a hamburger right now.
>>
>>61641224
desu, Drones isn't THAT bad. You still got good songs on it, and every Muse album (without exception) has at least one sub-par song on it, and this is coming from a Muse fan.

>The Handler
>Reapers
>The Globalist
>Drones
>>
>>61641520
>That doesn't mean I can't enjoy this one thing
I didn't say you couldn't. I just asked if being overly derivative is a fault (it is btw).
>>
>>61641578
I was talking about the 2nd Law. Drones is decent, even if Revolt is the worst thing I've ever heard.
>>
Origin of Symmetry > Absolution > Black Holes > Showbiz > the negligible rest
>>
>>61641605
Oh, then agreed. Apart from Supremacy, that album was a letdown.
>>
>>61641654
>Rating Black Holes above Resistance
>>
>>61641764

Yes, any problem?
>>
I love Muse. But I feel like I do out of a starvedness more than anything.
They're the only modern band that is not afraid to go heavy without screamy scream vocals or a super serious badass attitude. Everything is so serious nowadays in rock music. They're lyrics are pretty gloomy gloom tough stuff, but musically they're pretty whacky whilst still being simple and catchy.

That used to be bread and butter for rock music, but then game glam and everything was power ballads, and then came grunge and everything was down tuned mid-tempo whinery with power-chords ahoy. I dunno, I like them more as a symbol than as a band.
>>
>>61641786
Eh, I feel like BH&R is a significantly better version than 2nd Law. It has some great songs, but the album feels less inspired than their previous works.

Resistance is basically a Queen love letter, only has one legit annoying song (whatever the French named shit is), and also has the Exogenesis Symphony.

Oh well
>>
>>61641913
Yeah but Queen sucks
>>
>>61640190
Don't worry, you'll stop being 14 soon enough.
>>
>>61641911
You sound like you don't know much about modern rock music.
>>
File: 1440404137974.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1440404137974.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>>61642609
Not too edgy there buddy
>>
>>61642862
If you think so then enlighten me, because I have searched and it's all so reductive with itself and self serious I can never bring myself to give a shit.
>>
>>61640920
>>61640592
These are the only accurate posts
>>
>>61640284
honestly, putting the meme-hate aside for a moment, Coldplay
>>
>>61640920
Nobody dislikes any band because of Twilight, you fucking halfwit. Tons of great bands were on the Twilight soundtracks, no one cares.
>>
>>61640823
>he doesn't remember Survival
honestly I envy you
>>
>>61640920
no, people dislike them now because everything they've released this decade so far has been shit and they even stopped making b-sides for no good reason like the very plebbiest of poptimists
>>
>>61641654
Pretty much this.
>>
Origin Of Symmetry = Absolution > The Resistance > Black Holes And Revelations > Showbiz > Drones > The 2nd Law

the theatrics on The Resistance work for me in a way that they don't for the last two albums, it's a genre shift for them but it's good music even if it's not 'Muse' enough, kinda similar to what happened to Suede on Head Music and A New Morning
>>
Drones and The 2nd Law were disappointing, but other than that he's a very good musician.
>>
Ever since he stopped dating that italian chick in 2010 he's songwriting went downhill really bad.
>>
>>61640428
>question mark after a statement

GO FUCK YOURSELF GB2 TUMBLR YOU COCKSUCKER
>>
>>61641654
They all suck so who cares?
>>61641911
You literally haven't heard any moden rock music have you?
>>61640920
>>61643170
Reminder that Thom Yorke contributed a song to New Moon. I haven't seen any significant Radiohead hatred.
Muse are and always have been and always will be an awful pop rock band that tries so hard to be Radiohead but fails miserably.
>>
>>61643915
Muse don't try to be radiohead at all. Just 'cause their singer has a shitty falsetto too doesn't mean anything. Muse wants to be Queen.
>>
>>61643915
I feel I've heard enough to know where my interest lies. Which is not in modern rock, I mostly stick to electronic nowadays.

But again, feel completely free to prove me wrong.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.