[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/AnCo/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5
File: AnimalCollectiveWallpaper.jpg (265 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
AnimalCollectiveWallpaper.jpg
265 KB, 1280x800
I miss these.

>Painting With expectations
>Rare pics
>Being condescending to people who doesn't love Danse Manatee
>>
>>61629349
I don't have the latter 2 but I do predict that Painting With will be an improvement upon CHz, and will be just a consistent and fulfilling release for AnCo fans
>>
i can't remember the last time i listened to an anco record but floridada is my fucking shit at the minute. it's such a great song and i'm glad they've just went full pop in all honesty
>>
>>61629407
yeah, AnCo doing their version of top 40 is awesome. Floridada is a great song and the samples sound just as good. cannot wait for Painting With
>>
>>61629572
i know you guys like to say anco is poppy but floridada is DEFINITELY not top 40 music. it's probably their poppiest song, but it's not top 40.
>>
>>61629572
The flor flor Floridada part sucks but I love the rest of it
>>
>>61629602
of course it's not. the production is way too jarring and/or stimulating for a start. plus i don't think you'd find a voice like avey or panda's in the charts. it's still undeniably on point with how infectious it is, which is the sign of a good pop song.
>>
If you guys have listened to the 30sec amazon samples, if there were to be a second single prior to release which one do you think it would be?
I'm feeling Vertical (3rd track).
>>
asd
>>
L
>>
E
>>
>>61629602
I never said its top 40, but it's undeniably their take on top 40. they're making straightforward pop music here
>>61629611
bro that's the best part
>>
A
>>
>>61629883
Nah it's just a bit too corny for me but overall I love the song>>61629914
>>
K
>>
K
>>
Anybody else have here comes the indian as their favourite album? It's so primal and elementary... It's the apotheosis of their experimental period.
>>
>>61630327
me. :)
>>
>>61630327
you should check out hollindigain (I think that's how you spell it) if you haven't because it's real tribal in the same way. Also Animal Crack Box has some stuff that's pretty similar
>>
How much creative control does Panda have in the group? I've always thought of it as Avey's band because of the amount of songs he has in their albums.
>>
>>61630615
Panda saves his best work for his solo albums barring Brothersport and My Girls. He barely contributed to CHz because he was working on PBMTGR.
>>
>>61630548
I have the CD reissue. I like it too, but I don't think its quite as inspired as HCTI. Also, the production values impair its impact.
>>
>>61630654
Do you think Panda offered any Person Pitch songs to use in AnCo and he got rejected or do you think he just made then to be solo.
>>
>>61630615
It varies from album to album.

Here's a breakdown on control per album:

Spirit: Avey
Hollindagain: Avey + Geo
Campfire: Deakin + Panda
Danse: Geo
HCTI: Panda + Geo
Sung Tongs: Avey + Panda
Feels: Deakin + Avey
Strawberry: Avey + Deakin
Merriweather: Panda
CHz: Avey
Painting: So far seems like an Avey+ Panda mix
>>
>>61630703
*?
>>
>>61630703
Honestly I don't think Panda even thought about it, PP was released the same year as SJ so he probably had it in the works for some time and didn't think about offering the songs at all - MPP and FBK are all in this same type of style so PP was probably the beginning of that style for Panda and he didn't think twicce about continuing that instead of re-working songs for AnCo. The only example I can think of where he explicitly stated that he re-worked a song for AnCo was New Town Burnout from CHz.
>>
>>61630722
Geo wasn't even on HCTI you mug
>>
File: 1444590898943.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444590898943.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
WITH YOU WITH YOU WITH YOU WITH YOU WITH YOU WITH YOU WITH YOU WITH YOU
>>
I don't know about you guys, but I thought the FloriDada video was pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuoIvNFUY7I
>>
>>61630916
>>61631055
he was though, he left right after the recording
>>
>>61630916
>Here Comes the Indian is the first release on which all four members of the group perform together, although, on their previous release

you're thinking of campfire (as was i before i redacted)
>>
>>61631009
sometimes their shit is TOO weird
>>
File: CS.jpg (42 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
CS.jpg
42 KB, 450x373
Campfire Songs is underrated as hell. I'd say it's probably in my top 3 Anco releases, the transitions are just so seamless and De Soto De Son is one of their best closers. What do you guys think?
>>
Anyone think ordering the Panda Bear Meet the Grim Reaper album just for the shirt worth it?
>>
>>61631229
It's a solid effort but I like just about all their other albums more. that said, putting on campfire songs and getting cozy in the autumn or spring is fantastic. when I got out of high school I sat on my back deck listening to it in the rain, shit was so cash. It can be really great if you're in the mood for it.
>>
>>61631229
Personally that's the release I could get into the least. I even liked Danse more (though honestly I don't see what's so weird about it, Hollinndagain, CS, and HCTI are all weirder to me.)

I guess it was just too quiet than what I'm used to from them? Idk, I've only listened to it like three or four times, I should give it a couple more listens and see if I'm just missing something special
>>
>>61631388
It could just be me, but I love a good chill, cozy album. I do like some of their more hectic stuff more, but to me, sometimes there's nothing better than listening to a nice cozy ambient or softer folk album. I just love how mellow it is compared to pretty much everything else they've made. It's sort of the black sheep of their discography in that way.
>>
>>61631009
really interesting take on that whole uncanny asthetic.
>>
>>61630722
lmao what the fuck are you talking about m8

here's the correct list:

MPP: Avey + Panda
everything else: Avey
>>
>>61631771
yeap
team avey all day nigga
>>
>>61631771
>being this much of a cuck

top kek alright m8
>>
Am I really all the things that are outside of me?
>>
Top 5 Animal Collective songs?

Alvin Row
Native Belle
Unsolved Mysteries
We Tigers
Grass
>>
>>61631229
>>Transitions

this guy doesnt know it was recorded all in one take
>>
>>61631905
>Top 5 Animal Collective songs?
Water Curses
Mouth Wooed Her
Safer
In The Flowers
What Happened?
>>
How should into AnCo? I've only heard MPP and songs off other albums like purple bottle.

Should I just start from Danse Manatee?
>>
>>61631967
Because transition are impossible to do in one take. Panda even said the transitions between each song are some of the best things they've ever done.
>>
>>61631991
Why Danse?
>>
>>61631991
start with spirit obviously
>>
>>61631991
start from the beginning
>>
>>61632049
It's their first album, innit?
>>
>>61631905
alvin row
chocolate girl
fickle cycle
moonjock
doggy
>>
>>61631991
>How should into AnCo?
Listen to the Water Curses and Fall Be Kind EPs.

They are the most condensed pieces of great material that the band has put out.
>>
Any love for ODDSAC? I absolutely love it & think it's one of their better releases with awesome songs like

>Mr. Fingers, a giant of an opener, really sounds like an acid trip (like a lot of their songs), love the weird harmonic layers - Panda Bear gently baa-ing and a lot of shit going on there
>Screens is a terrific Panda Bear piece featuring acoustic guitar that sends you back to Sung Tongs
>WORKING is gorgeous
>Tantrum Barb has some of Panda's most imagerial lyrics and is super groovy
>What Happened? sounds like a Strawberry Jam and Smile (The Beach Boys) mixture
>>
>>61632089
No, STGSTV is their first
>>
>>61632132
ODDSAC is underrated as fuck. I watched it on acid and it was fucking sweet. Mr. Fingers and Screens are still stuck in my head all the time. I think it's one of their best works for sure.
>>
>underrated songs
Moonjock
Taste
Baleen Sample
Bees
Infant Dressing Table
>>
>>61632166
So what's Danse Manatee?

I've already started it and I'm kind of digging it. It's interesting to hear this and see how far they've come with MPP
>>
>>61632203
2nd album
>>
>>61632203
>So what's Danse Manatee?
Their second album, you dense fucking retard.
>>
>>61632132
i love oddsac, when it came out i was heavy in psychedelics and it blew my mind

mr fingers and tantrum barb are my favorites and screens is really beautiful the whole thing is great cause it's creepy but also tender
>>
>>61632232
>>61632221
Well Spotify has Dansee as a 2000 release and Spirit as 2001.

Jesus, cut me some slack
>>
>>61632198
fickle cycle
daffy duck
no more running
in the singing box
la rapet
mouth wooed her
>>
>>61631995
>Because transition are impossible to do in one take
Er, no they're not?
>>
File: fat-sp18lpx_cover_hi-res.jpg (521 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
fat-sp18lpx_cover_hi-res.jpg
521 KB, 1417x1417
>>61632232
you danse fucking retard*
>>
>>61631261
Anyone?
>>
>>61632181
>>61632248
Why is it so overlooked oddsacbros
>>
>>61632287
Ayyyyyy
>>
>>61632310
relatively hard to find
>>
>>61631995
you fucking retard they all said it was done in one take you fucking mong jesus christ how can somebody be this fucking stupid holy shit I got so mad I even typed this shit at the speed of light like seriously all I'm hearing right now is a bunch of blurred clickity clack and shit due to the fact that you made me so mad with your stupid comment holy fuck i need to calm down but i don't wanna slow down ok my fingers are starting to cramp shit
>>
>>61632349
It's on Youtube though
>>
>>61632310
not as catchy (on the whole) as other stuff they released afterwards i always liked it cause it kind of showed an in between period in their catalog since it was written for a while before it came out (if i remember correctly) and kind of showed how they could have gone off in a different direction then they did with MPP
>>
>>61632310
Because they didn't release an audio-only version of the album. I found a fan-made one on the internet years ago, can't even remember where, and that's the only reason why I have actually listened to ODDSAC more than twice.
>>
>>61632349
also this, plus some argue over if it can be just taken as an album or if the images are just as important so some people don't feel like they can just listen to it like their other albums (i think that's stupid but have a few friends who feel that way)
>>
>>61632283
Sarcasm m8.
>>
Just a daily reminder that DM and CHz are awful and you look like a retarded muh special snowflake for liking these awfully composed clusterfucks. AnCo is truly awful when they think they are free jazz/avant jazz artists but God tier when they know they are psych artists.
>>
>>61632563
fuck you you shitaste pleb danse is essential
>>
>>61632563
I think Danse is actually pretty catchy, and CHz isn't bad at all, it's catchy as fuck
>>
>>61631905
Fireworks
My Girls
Brother Sport
What Would I Want? Sky
Banshee Beat
>>
>>61632587
Essential to having a shit taste.

>>61632622
Oh look, qualities one can find in generic pop music, too!
>>
>>61632563
DM is pretty good tho. Runnin' the Round Ball is a beast
>>
>>61632692
I mean AnCo is psychedelic pop so I mean I guess? I don't really see what your point is
>>
>>61632698
That and one other'so the only good songs on it though.

>>61632741
So all pop music should be generic?
>>
>>61632864
But AnCo isn't generic. Unless you think they are and I mean if they're not special to you then that's cool, but then I don't see why you're chilling in the /AnCo/ general
>>
>>61632952
I didn't say they were generic. Read first post of mine
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.