[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Listen up, nerds: The Beatles are popular, yes. And sometimes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Revolver.jpg (380 KB, 1220x1220) Image search: [Google]
Revolver.jpg
380 KB, 1220x1220
Listen up, nerds:

The Beatles are popular, yes. And sometimes I've dismissed people for only listening to the Beatles. (Which is appropriate.)

However: they're kind of inevitably great. Haven't heard anything of them for a year or so. Just returned to this album, and it's blowing me away. Again.

Let's not deny how good they are. It's pathetic.
>>
>>61625221
>It's pathetic.
This is pathetic, your taste needs to mature yet.
>>
>>61625240
lmao

the sign of maturity in music is realizing that the beatles aren't horrible or amazing. Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, and Abbey Road are all 7/10s and worth listening to

I'm not OP btw
>>
Nobody denies the Beatles were good. The usual fuzz is about Beatles not being as great as people make it out to be.

Now, that being said
>Best
Frank Zappa > Velvet Underground > Beatles > Beach Boys > Captain Beefheart

>Favorite
Captain Beefheart > Frank Zappa > Beatles > Velvet Underground > Beach Boys
>>
>>61625630
>Nobody denies the Beatles were good.
I do. Their silly happy pop songs annoy me.
>>
>>61625677
Check out the songs A Day In The Life and Helter Skelter then.
They did more than just happy pop songs.
Also, it annoys you, but that doesn't mean they are bad. There's a difference between thinking they are bad and not liking them.
>>
>>61625710
I also think they are bad.
I have listened to Revolver, Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour.
I think most of the music I don't like is bad, but I have a few exceptions.
>>
>>61625250
this.
>>
>>61625740
It's alright, but keep in mind that, while the music you don't like might not be perfect, so can be your taste too.
>>
>>61625221
Literally the greatest band of all time and only sweaty internet record nerds disagree.
>>
>>61625221
wait, people actually think the beatles are bad?

I seriously thought this was just a scaruffi meme
>>
>>61625250
>7/10
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D
>>
>>61625925
There where a few bands greater than the Beatles, like Frank Zappa and Velvet Underground if we stick to the 60s

>>61625943
Scaruffi likes them. He just think they are very overrated.
>>
taste in art is not permanent.
music, differently from painting and visual arts where you can somehow find a sort of "ideal beauty", has not a general rule for what is "good" or not.
This means that the general taste is deeply influenced by the social context of the era in which we live.
Beatles were great years ago, now they are good, and in 200 years nobody will listent to them anymore. Let's take them for what they are: a band that revolutioned music. And this is not arguable
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.