[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the Spiderland of grunge?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: OldBootsNewDirt.jpg (247 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
OldBootsNewDirt.jpg
247 KB, 600x600
Is this the Spiderland of grunge?
>>
>>61618284
No because that album is actually good
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 628x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 628x628
mamma mia
>>
>>61618284
Is this the new meme
>>
>>61618284

Is that grunge?
>>
>>61618350
No that's you
>>
>>61618377
Im a meme? Explain
>>
>>61618396
OASIS
A
S
I
S
>>
>>61618396
>implying Jason Aldean wasnt the AOTY for 2105

Stop this meme please. do you have any idea how.. you know what... NO! Im not falling for this meme AGAIN!!!
>>
Is this THE worst fucking thread template on all of /mu/?
>>
>>61618488
*best

Sorry guys I made a typo
>>
>>61618488
Did you even listen to it?

>doubtful
>>
>>61618284
What is actually so terrible about this album? Im not american so Ive never heard it but Im guessing it's just really cheesy
>>
>>61618608
this album is amazing wtf are you talking about? the songwriting is revolutionary in the music scene, regardless of genre. i dont usually even like country but THIS shit is just game-changing.
>>
>>61618608
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdImDqbgc2g

It really speaks for itself.
>>
>>61619108
The double stacking of Jason Aldean's vocals on the chorus is perfect. The timing, the experimentation in an otherwise relatively bland and repetitive genre. Jason Aldean will always be remembered as one of the greats <3
>>
>>61619108
I just listened to that whole thing... holy shit... that was really good...
>>
>>61619231
i can't tell if your a samefag, so i have to listen to it in case you aren't.
>>
>>61619298
you wont get it completely if its not in context with the rest of the album :/ i hate to call you a pleb but you are a pleb
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-10-00-18-13.png (771 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-10-00-18-13.png
771 KB, 1440x2560
>>
>>61619394
I had to grow up in a house where country was played all the fucking time.

Until i was 16 my favorite album of all time was Live Like You Were Dying, but i don't go anywhere near country anymore. It's probably shit anyways.
>>
>>61619488
>jason aldean
>shit
wooooow ok im done with this board
>>
>>61618284
>listens to swans once
>>
>>61619108
god fucking DAMN.

why haven't I discovered him sooner???

I thought he was just a bad fucking meme but now I really understand it...Aldean is a modern musical genius... So innovative and relatable.. truly one of the few great artists alive today!

>>61620043
The Swans can't even compare!!!
>>
>>61620306
don't say it like a meme, say it with your chest. like you mean it. like Jason's whole career is depending on you! which of course it isn't because he's a musical mastermind but still.
>>
>>61620338
Emotion is key..
I have to refute a lot of comments here on the definition of what is good music..
Good music does not define the topic at hand, nor the genre, nor the style, nor whether there is words/lyrics..
It's is defined by how well the emotion/goal/objective is achieved in regards to the topic, genre, style it is intended for..
So yes, if the song is about sex and drugs, then pull that off well in bringing the audience into that picture, then it's good music..
Not every song must be about love topic..
And yes, if metal music is about anger and power, then pull that off well to bring the audience in that picture..
And regards to lyrics, there are also a lot of great instrumentals around.. if lyrics are to be included.. then make sure the lyrics carry out it's meaning well..
Each genre/style is pulling off an emotion.. it's about pulling that emotion off..
The problem with today's music is they forgot emotion, they just play fashion..
Aldean masterfully plays with your emotions in his hits "If My Truck Could Talk" and "Big Green Tractor."

If you listen to the great Beatles records, the earliest ones where the lyrics are incredibly simple. Why are they still beautiful? Well, they're beautifully sung, beautifully played, and the mathematics in them is elegant. They retain their elegance.
Jason Aldean masterfully retains these qualities with a modern day twist. Truly one of the few artists who innovates in his genre yet maintains what is truly most important in music: Emotion.
>>
File: ylKNXdu.png (608 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
ylKNXdu.png
608 KB, 600x800
bump
>>
Dude you're not funny, shut up
>>
It's the Spiderland of good music...
>>
>>61620741
Jason Aldean isnt funny asshole
>>
>>61618284
yea
>>
>>61620467
good pasta
>>
>>61621093
>implying
Fuck off if you don't love aldean leave the thread
>>
bumping this garbage before i sleep
>>
>>61619231
I honestly cannot tell what is ironic shit posting and what is sincere anymore...
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.