[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I enjoy this album anymore, /mu/? I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Why can't I enjoy this album anymore, /mu/? I can't help but feel a strange inexplicable embarrassment every time I try to listen to it.
>>
its because youre listening to indie rock
>>
>>61615828
Why did indie rock become embarrassing? I'm not even being defensive, I literally just want to understand why.
>>
>>61615855
it was okay at one point but post 2010 it became emberassingly desperate to be cool so in turn becoming the biggest meme every by repeated cliches left and right
>>
>>61615933
is there any indie that's still acceptable?

i feel like Built To Spill is really sturdy against this phenomenon for whatever reason
>>
>>61615968
still accpetable for what?
>>
>>61615855
Listen to a release from this year that would be labeled "indie" and an indie record from, say, 2008. They sound pretty much the same. The lack of progression has become a bit hard to look past.
>>
Phoenix fucking sucks
>>
>>61616052
Has any genre progressed since 2008 other than rap?
>>
Same reason why Passion Pit and Vampire Weekend are embarrassing to listen to.
Because your ex girlfriend should live in the past.
>>
>>61615808
Phoenix, two door cinema club and vampire weekend all sound the same to me.
>>
>>61615855
It's not embarrassing, you spineless, cud-chewing faggot. Does the opinion of a few no-life neckbeards on a Cantonese weaving forum mean that much to you? Christ. You like what you like.

>"Ughhhh, this isn't cool anymore, better stop listening to it before someone thinks I'm lame"
This is you. This is what you sound like. Are you still in high school? Get over that shit.
>>
>>61615968
BTS were around before indie rock was really a thing and they're closer in sound to Dinosaur Jr and Neil Young & Crazy Horse than any indie band
>>
>>61616154
Yeah but nah it is.
>>
>>61616154
What did you expect from people that like indie music in the first place?
>>
>>61615808
>>61615855
>>61615828
>>61615855
>>61615933
The only thing worse than a hipster is a contrarian hipster: aka someone who feels the need to show how different and 'superior' they are by hating on indie music and propping up mainstream music. Literally the fucking worst. Ugh.

That said, this album is overrated, although I still enjoyed some bits of it. Bankrupt! was better.
>>
>>61617606
Rockist detected.
>>
>>61617648
Fuck off back to tumblr or wherever.
>>
>>61615808
>caring about what other people think
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.