[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
most underrated Dylan album? pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Dylan Desire.jpg (347 KB, 926x923) Image search: [Google]
Dylan Desire.jpg
347 KB, 926x923
most underrated Dylan album?

pic related
>>
>>61609687
what are you talking about? it's insanely popular. insanely because it's truly one of his weaker efforts. only one good song on the whole album: one more cup of coffee. other than desirée is a dud.
>>
File: New Morning.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
New Morning.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
I'd say New Morning, that or Planet Waves.
>>
>>61609737
hear, hear.
>>
>>61609734

Joey is awful, but the rest of the album is pretty good, Black Diamond Bay and Sara are both great songs.
>>
>>61609888
>Black Diamond Bay and Sara are both great songs.

i disagree, especially sara is cringeworthy.
>>
>>61609737

This guy gets it. When the Locust Sang fuckin rules.
>>
also Another Side. probably the most inconsistent of his 60s albums (besides the self-titled) but there are some really good songs on it that I think lots of modern fans miss because they skip over it
>>
>>61609687
this is his best album and there isn't a bad song
>>
>>61609929
Sara is a great love song, and one of Dylan's most personal as well.
>>
>>61609955
disgusting pleb
>>
>>61609929
>not liking Sara
>being this emotionally stilted

why do you hate having feelings so much, anon?
>>
>>61609737
I agree New Morning is so underrated
>>
>>61610020
don't you just hate still being a teenager, anon?
>>
pretty much any of his good albums from the 80s onwards are underrated compared to his earlier work, esp when garbage like the Times They Are A-Changin' is still lauded
>>
>>61609983
tell me of the bad song you found on Desire.

Please enlighten me
>>
>>61610265
hurricane is the most obnoxious, trite & repetitious rubbish dylan ever put out (in the same league as queen of spades & jack off hard), truly awful stuff. (probably that's why it became such a big hit).

isis... does this song ever end? this is dylan completely without ideas & and that endlessly annoying violin, kill me now.

mozambique. okay, it's fun. sort of. a bit embarrassing as well.

one more cup of coffee is the one great track on the album.

o sister... schmalz to the max. i used to like this when i was 15 though, gotta be honest.

joey, another endless journey into the abyss. is this from the same guy who wrote sad eyed lady of the low lands??? please add vice

romance in durango. good clean fun. trite too.

black diamond bay: queen of spades jacked off hard territory. cheesiest dylan ever was. that bloody violin.

sara. painful. just painful (in the bad sense). for an example how to do a good break-up song: if you see her say hello. that is a tasteful tune, sare is not.
>>
Street Legal is pretty underrated.
>>
>>61610628
it is a bit yeah, good pick.
>>
>>61609947
this to be quite honest
>>
>>61610457
wow

certified autism with awful opinions

end your life
>>
File: cover.jpg (29 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
29 KB, 320x320
>most underrated Dylan album?
pic related for me

They're all really just simple love songs on this album, but that's not a bad thing. "I Threw It All Away" and "Lay Lady Lay" are personal favs, and I've never met a person who dislikes the Johnny Cash duet version of "Girl from the North Country."

What >>61610457 is getting at is that sometimes Dylan tries too hard to force something to work, and the song can end up too wordy and insincere. Sometimes it's better to just pick a simple theme and hammer it out.
>>
>>61610777
this definitely isn't underrated. maybe by certain groups but is rightly seen as a classic by lots of people, especially country fans
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.