[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of this album? Personally I find the avant-garde
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Bridge Over Troubled Water.png (935 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Bridge Over Troubled Water.png
935 KB, 600x600
What does /mu/ think of this album?

Personally I find the avant-garde touches and 'suite' structure on Bookends more to my personal taste, but I recognise the greater musical virtuosity and superior, more innovative production of Bridge Over Troubled Water as making it a better album objectively speaking. Also no individual song from any other album by the duo has anything on the title track and The Boxer as singles.
>>
Pussy-ass fag shit
>>
File: art's dandy mustache.png (160 KB, 263x229) Image search: [Google]
art's dandy mustache.png
160 KB, 263x229
>>
>>61607403
yeah, I once read about this on the Internet and haven't been able to look at the cover without thinking about this since
>>
I think Bookends is the superior album, but BOTW is pretty close - interestingly enough I think they are the best S&G albums, but none of my most favorite S&G tracks are from them, the top being Patterns, Richard Cory and The Sound of Silence

The title track of BOTW is pretty overbearing and overly theatrical, I think, I don't really ever want to listen to it

I have this thought that to me BOTW feels like it exists half-way between the classic Simon & Garfunkel stuff and the eponymous Paul Simon album
>>
I'm probably the only one to say this, but The Vamps' revision of 'Cecilia' is leagues better than theirs.

Am I alone in this?
>>
i sometimes think it's better than any beatles album
>>
I don't listen to cultural appropriation-core.
>>
>>61608890
what is it appropriating?
>>
>>61607544
it's true that botw is very single-like, but i like it for that

SAIL ON SILVER GIRL
>>
>>61608905
African and Native American music.
>>
>>61608917
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH WOW

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You didn't listen to this, did you?
>>
>>61608917
there's no native american music on that album
you're mistaken
>>
>>61608917
retard
>>
>>61608905
...El Condor Pasa

it's no Graceland and I don't think even that is on the negative side of cultural appropriation
>>
>>61608890
>>61608917
I know that you're baiting but that was mainly a thing later in Simon's career, not during the S&G days.

Also, you do realize he was accompanied by African musicians who performed their own music with him, right? It's not like he composed a bunch of African music and plugged in competent studio musicians.
>>
>>61608962
>El Cóndor Pasa (pronounced: [el ˈkondoɾ ˈpasa], Spanish for "The Condor Passes") is an orchestral musical piece from the zarzuela El Cóndor Pasa by the Peruvian composer Daniel Alomía Robles, written in 1913
>>
>>61608882
That's because it is.
>>
The Boxer is an incredible song, great album as well
>>
>>61609039
>HURR DURR LE REDUCTION TO ABSURDITY FALLACY MAYMAY
Yeah, nice arguing, faggot. Reddit is that way.
>>
>>61607266
overproduced & corny.

parsley sage, bookends & sounds of silence are all much better albums.
>>
>>61608966

yeah, Simon got into some controversy with Graceland for breaking the United Nations approved cultural boycott against South Africa, but the boycott was meant to be against apartheid and supporting the government in charge culturally and what Simon did was bring the music of the black musicians of South Africa who couldn't record or release their own music freely to the rest of the world
>>
My opinion is they are both meh compared to Sounds of Silence and Parsley, Sage,Rosemary amd Thyme both of which are God-tier
>>
>>61609039
most embarrassing post ive read on /mu/ in a while
/tv/ tier
>>
>>61607266
patrick bateman-core/10
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.