[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone know any bands similar to Royal Thunder? I love their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: royal-thunder.jpg (650 KB, 888x666) Image search: [Google]
royal-thunder.jpg
650 KB, 888x666
anyone know any bands similar to Royal Thunder? I love their sound but can't find any similar doom/stoner metal that I like and would love some suggestion on where to start
>>
>>61605426
suggestions*

hate myself
>>
I just saw these guys live with the sword man, awesome show! Can't believe someone mentioning them here lol. The sword had a similar sound, better imo. This band reminded me a lot of most of the female fronted doin bands, I don't get into much. Try MOSS or pallbearer
>>
>>61606029
Doom* bands. Hate myself

Horrible night is a good place to start with moss. Horn of the rhino is another ok band. Elders newer stuff has a more rock sound similar to royal thunder. Colour haze- to the highest gods we know, and periscope. And if you haven't checked out earthless or DEAD MEADOW, they're worth a listen too
>>
>>61606029
in Toronto? I allllmost went but wasnt a huge fan of the sword and they were headlining. Maybe I just need to spent more time on them. what are your favourite songs by them?

>>61606100
Ive checked out Elders, maybe Ill take a second look thanks
>>
>>61606198
Listen to tears like diamonds by the sword, it's different than a lot of their earlier stuff. I haven't checked out the whole album that it's on yet but I've heard good things and the song I mentioned from it is great. Check out elders album dead roots stirring for more stoner rock type stuff
>>
>>61606198
And no it was in Memphis, but you should've gone man, both sets were amazing!! Royal thunder was way better than I expected
>>
wow Royal Thunder on mu

Great band, CVI kicked ass and when Crooked Doors dropped they really stepped up their live game. I've been looking for similar bands too, cause they have such a perfect mix of classic rock-y stuff and modern stoner rock.
>>
Windhand
Blood Ceremony
Jex Thoth
Acid King
Kylesa
>>
>>61606029
FUCK pallbearer is great, thank you anon!!!
>>
>>61606307
nothing quite like em apparently

pallbearer is kicking my ass right now though you should check them out!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.