[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here ever dealt with actual self hatred? do you find there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_m4ckv1ufE71r94g44o1_1280.jpg (415 KB, 1280x1204) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4ckv1ufE71r94g44o1_1280.jpg
415 KB, 1280x1204
Anyone here ever dealt with actual self hatred? do you find there's any music that comforts you? I'm asking people who have experienced legitimate, severe self hatred.
>>
I'm not sure if I fit your criteria, but I have had my troubles, still do. I find music to pretty comforting. It really depends on what you like, no one genre is going to help you. Sometimes I like to listen to beautiful solemn folk stuff, other times I listen to angrier music, and sometimes I listen to stuff that just seems interesting. No one song or album is going to help, it just acts as a great distractor, a momentary bliss. It helps you think about something else for a little while, and maybe that just makes things not seem so sad.
>>
Just listen to people who hated themselves ie Nick Drake, Elliot Smith, Kurt Cobain, etc.

and don't be late for algebra
>>
>>61605154
lift weights

I had the same for a few years and loved death metal

now 30kg heavier i love life, rap music is got tier for ego building and not giving a fuck
>>
fyi Swans just makes it worse. feelsy singer songwriter shit can help
>>
i love myself a ton but i hate my life
not sure what the music is for this
>>
>>61605374
I have been only listening to powerviolence and grindcore mostly for the past couple weeks.
>>
>>61605374
He was talking about legit self hatred, not mild discomfort you dolt.
>>
johnny hobo and the freight trains
>>
>>61605154
music won't help you in the way you want to be helped. maybe look into some different worldviews and philosophies
>>
>>61605438
>He was talking about legit self hatred, not mild discomfort you dolt.
right? I was trying to avoid comments like his by being as specific as possible in the OP. I guess some people just have no idea what self hatred is and have their hair brained extrovert ideas of everything.
>>
Yeah bigtime
I just listen to whatever it is I feel like listening to
Some stuff makes me feel "better" than others but it comes down to whatever it is I crave listening to
>>
>>61605502
I just want to feel like I'm floating, and reality and dream consciousness merge. To be honest, I've listened to the album deathconsciousness like 70 times. One of the reasons weed is too extreme for me, is because often times my mind is already overwhelmed with reality, and searching for escapes and more esoteric places. When I first took weed it freaked me so fucking badly.
>>
>I'm asking people who have experienced legitimate, severe self hatred.
You won't find them posting about it on an Eritrean interpretive dance forum, kiddo.
>>
Nujabes always puts me in a good mood. I still miss him. I do not care if he's "weeb."
>>
>>61605154
>Anyone here ever dealt with actual self hatred?
Yes, but I just got over it. I seriously don't know how I did it, but I just kinda pushed through. Maybe it's the rush of satisfaction I got when I actually did something worthwhile.

To be honest, a lot of that had to do with a single person. Not so much meeting them as actually losing them, though. That really motivated me. Not gonna go into any more detail than that, it's not like it's actually helpful to you I suppose.
>>
>>61605154
>>61605534

https://youtu.be/cIUnVO3tWfo

https://youtu.be/mIhaiOQEINk

https://youtu.be/TkMdfi8cRvA

https://youtu.be/HCWSJ9e_daI

http://geotic.bandcamp.com/album/sunset-mountain-eon-isle

Helped me for sure
>>
Yeah been struggling with depression for a while. Even though you would think it has the opposite effect, Have a Nice Life, Xiu Xiu, and Joy Division help me feel better.
>>
>>61605154
Used to get so angsty and depressed in high school I started hitting myself until it looked like I was getting in fights.

>inb4 edgy teen

No I had some really shitty stuff going on

Anyway early modest mouse was therapeautic as fuck. Long Drive and Lonesome Crowded West
>>
>>61605640
I find that I go through periods of self hatred when I have toxic people in my life. I think usually when I get rid of them I start to feel better. It's happened to me about 5 times.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.