[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come normies hate all Noise music except Merzbow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: merzbow-1.jpg (294 KB, 903x600) Image search: [Google]
merzbow-1.jpg
294 KB, 903x600
How come normies hate all Noise music except Merzbow?
>>
Because they understand it's not music
>>
>liking noise
>>>/out/
>>>/sudoku/
>>
>>61605004

Merzbow is as creatively bankrupt as the noise genre as a whole. The difference is that he found a way to pander to hipsters.
>>
Noise doesn't really evoke pleasant feelings so it makes sense that most people don't like it. Pick something else to be elitist about.

Also
>Normies
>>>/r9k/
>>
Cuz he has this dumb gimmicky tryhard approach to it? God he really is among the worst for noisy stuff.
>>
>>61605065
>>61605069
>>61605029

I'm well aware that normal people don't enjoy noise.

What I'm wondering is why they seem to make an exception for Merzbow?
>>
>>61605004
lel saying you like noise music and bringing up Merzbow is no different than saying you like metal music and bringing up teenybop shit like Asking Alexandria or Slipknot
>>
They don't like Merzbow either, they just say they do for the sake of not looking like the dullard pieces of shit that they are.

>>61605139
Wow, you are one clueless cocksucker.
>>
>>61605139
>implying his project about birds isn't top-tier
>>
>>61605214
let's just relax pal
>>61605219
I shouldn't have said Merzbow, replace that with Pulse Demon
Amlux is among my favorite noise albums
>>
>>61605124

Someones gotta be the AC/DC of a genre, no matter how weird one might think it's music is. Every genre has it's most recognizable artist.
>>
Merzbow's been going at it since the late 70s and is as important in noise as, I dunno, Cecil Taylor is in free jazz or Richie Hawtin is in techno.
Shitting on Merzbow pretty much make it clear that you're a moron with no idea of what you're talking about.

>>61605081
What is this "dumb gimmicky tryhard approach", faggot? Actually explain yourself instead of just spouting off braindead buzzwords.
>>
>>61605308
>richie hawtin
>important in techno
>>
>>61605340
He sucks now and has sucked for a long time but come on, don't play dumb.
>>
>>61605308
is it even possible to enjoy noise music and not be a fan of merz? like he's definitely a poster boy but his catalogue is so huge there's no way you can't have a FEW favorites
o yea big ups tricky richie lol xx bomp bomp bomp bomp
>>
Because that's the only noise artist they know because pulse demon is popular. Name dropping merzbow is what posers do
>>
They don't like Merzbow. They like Pulse Demon.
>>
It's like how lots of people hate hip hop but say Nujabes is cool or how people say they dislike metal but like Boris or how people say they dislike Dub but like Fishmans.

People seem to think being from Japan automatically makes it better.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.