[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask somebody who is heavily involved in the making of the new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 1
File: LCDSS.gif (20 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
LCDSS.gif
20 KB, 350x350
Ask somebody who is heavily involved in the making of the new LCD Soundsystem album anything
>>
Chocoloate with what percentage of cocoa?
>>
k

1) Who are you?

2) How are you legit?

3) Can you prove it?

4) If yes, is it going to be better than sounds of silver?

Thank you, anon
>>
>>61587114
>Ask somebody who is heavily involved in the making of the new LCD Soundsystem album anything
>gets the producers their coffee every morning
seriously though how do you take you coffee?
>>
>>61587114
Make sure there's more VCS 3
>>
>>61587149
I like it around 70%, very dark
>>61587174
I can't answer the first 3. As for the 4th question: First disc isn't as good as SoS, but the second disc is better
>>
>>61587184
I don't drink coffee. James makes his own.
>>
>>61587244
>I like it around 70%, very dark
ok you are legit, man. 70% is my fav as well.
>>
Any features?
>>
>>61587505
I don't know if they'll be on the album, but Murph made a song with David Bowie and a song with a relatively popular rapper. If they're not on the LCD album, they'll definitely be released somewhere else later
>>
which band is playing at their house?
>>
>>61587114
Rank it within their discography
>>
>>61587528
>a song with a relatively popular rapper
ANDRE 3000
>>
>>61587583
TiH > Disc 2 of LP4 > SoS > Disc 1 of LP4 > S/T
>>
>>61587657
Am hype
>>
Is the band fully aware that they make terrible music and have some of the most pretentious fans?
>>
>>61587114
Would you say any song in the album would rank within their top 5 songs?
>>
I thought James did everything. are you James?
>>
Did james build a new studio for this album particularly?
>>
Can LCD ever play beat connection live?

Can James know about /mu/?

What albums has he been playing to death lately?
>>
>>61587718
Two songs on the second disc would make it to the top 5, one of which possibly being my favorite LCD song of all time. Also, the transition from the last song on the first disc to the first song on the second disc may be one of my favorite transitions between LCD songs ever.
>>
>>61587657
>ranking TiH higher than SoS
what a fucking pleb you are. This album is confirmed shit because of you tb h
>>
>>61587722
James doesn't do everything, no. He has pretty much 100% creative control, but he does get some band members to play certain parts. And when there's a need for more obscure instruments to be played, James has a few people he can call on
>>61587830
>Can LCD ever play beat connection live?
I see no reason at all why they couldn't do it, it's just a matter of if James wants to
>Can James know about /mu/?
Why not? I don't know if he knows about it, but it's a possibility
>What albums has he been playing to death lately?
We've been listening to the new Bowie album a lot in the past few weeks (he got an advance copy for his contributions to the record). We've been listening to a lot of underground/experimental 80s post-punk. A lot of it is international, some stuff I didn't even know existed prior to meeting him.
>>
>>61587855
Cmon man. SoS has some of the best songs LCD ever put out, but it also has some songs that are just "pretty good". TiH is not only great, but also incredibly consistent and cohesive.
>>
>>61588009
Why not get James Murphy in here!?!

What does it take to work with the man?
>>
>>61587855
TiH is more consistent, half of SoS is a snoozefest
>>
>>61588135
You dont even talk about 45:33 why is that?
>>
>>61588069
>Why not get James Murphy in here!?!
Because he has better stuff to do lol
>What does it take to work with the man?
Honestly, it's a lot of doing what you're told. I've made suggestions to him about places to take a certain song or section, but at the end of the day, it's his vision. So I just do what's asked of me
>>
after the lorde shit ill believe more than nothing
>>
>>61588173
OP here. I'm not the guy you just replied to. I didn't weigh in at all on the guy asking why I put TiH over SoS
>>
>>61588173
45:33 had the best song they ever made. Shame.
>>
>>61588239
so why did you put TiH over SoS
>>
>>61588219
whew, thank god. imagine a /mu/tant making executive decisions on an anticipated album
>>
>>61587843
>Also, the transition from the last song on the first disc to the first song on the second disc may be one of my favorite transitions between LCD songs ever.
fake
>>
>>61588319
For the same reason other people said. TiH is much more consistent of an album. SoS could've been one of the best EPs of all time, but instead it's just "shifting through the okay songs to get to the great ones"
>>
>>61587114
I see James maybe once a month over coffee/lunch. I don't believe you're legit at all, tell me his phone background and I can confirm.
>>
>>61588358
Time to get away is okay and the worst song on the best album to mix with 45:33
>>
>>61588374
Is it the unity tattoo?

Just a fan
>>
>>61588374
you know he doesn't like those coffee dates and feels obligated to go . You are a burden and he is too nice to cut you out of his life.
>>
>>61588358
do you talk like this in front of James? does he choke back tears while you "keep it real"
>>
How'd you get to work with him?

It's fine if you can't answer it, I'm just genuinely curious, as DFA isn't accepting interns or new artists on their new label
>>
>>61587114
1) How is James Murphy in person? Is he a prick, or is he as nice as I think he is?
2) When should the new album be called?
3) What letter does the album title start with? How many words are there?
4) If two guys went to the moon and one of them killed the other with a big rock would that be fucked up or what
>>
>>61588530
Errr, not new label. Idk why I put new there
>>
Are they heading Bonnaroo?
>>
>>61588530
I go back quite a bit with Pat. Murph needed someone for the new record who could play certain instruments/parts/etc. Pat knew I could be that guy. I had met Murph in passing a couple times beforehand, but our first studio session was the first time I actually sat down and talked with him in-depth
>>61588560
1. He's nice and humble. Bit of an introvert, but really friendly as long as you're chill with him
2. When should it be called? I don't follow
3. We're still throwing around names for it right now. In normal convo, we just refer to it as LP4 or Four
4. that'd be fucked up m8
>>
>>61588666
>be called
"be out" is what I meant. Started a sentence, deleted it, it didn't want to go down without a fight.
>>
>>61588666
Nice satan digits

If what you're saying is true, you're pretty lucky man. I'm a multi-instrumentalist myself, and watching the TiH documentary and with all the machines and equipment that he had, and the general things he did really wanted to make me work with him. Good luck.
>>
>>61588432
it's not
>>61588494
I like to think we enjoy each others company
>>
>>61588704
Oh gotcha. Yeah, we're aiming to get the album finished before the end of the month. As for when it comes out, I'm not sure. I can say, however, that everyone in the band is in agreeance that a surprise release is not the way to go. We've been floating around the idea of releasing it in April or May, but James wants the release date to be public info at least two months before the actual release itself
>>
>>61588881
what's the fucking point of giving a release date in this day and age. just drop it out of nowhere more powerful that way. god James is such an old man.
>>
>>61588915
He wants to build up hope. I can't blame him desu. There's no surprise in dropping an album out of nowhere anymore
>>
>>61587295
>>61587244
>70%
Fucking freaks
>>
>>61589194
Anything below 60% is pleb tier
>>
>>61589315
>>61589194
72% Ghiradelli for life

dont even talk to me if its any less, anons..
>>
>they're talking about chocolate to deflect their shitty opinions that TiH is not better than SoS
>>
>>61589409
no, i agree TiH is better than SoS, you donut.

I just wanted to debate cocoa concentrations
>>
>>61589315
Anything that isnt a nice creamy 45% makes me fucking sick.
>>
>>61589315
>"Hey anon, you want some hershey's? It's really good"
>"KEK, do I look like a pleb to you? Go back to Reddit"
>>
>>61589471
ahh fuck my double negative Sos >
>>
>>61587528
If it's Kendrick tell him to keep that
>>
>>61589480
based
>>
>>61589523
It's not Kendrick. Think a tad bit less popular
>>
tell him that beat connection is the perfect song to open with on this tour

tell him to keep reggie watts around so they can do 'you can't hide (shame on you)' at every show
>>
>>61589514
oh, i respect that though.

TiH has a deep connection with me, that's all.
In fact ive never understood why people dont llike Drunk Girls
>>
>>61589611
link beat connection what album is that from?
>>
liking chocolate thats less than half chocolate makes you a fucking poser desu
>>
i asked in the other thread but i didn't see if you responded - what preamps do you use for drums?

also to prove you're real explain where james records echos
>>
>>61589673
I'm not involved in the drums mate, I have no idea what they're using
>>
prove it.
>>
>>61589646
From self titled. First song I think.
>>
>>61589983
He'd probably get fired and sued and would never find a good job in production again if he does, NDA's
>>
>>61590109
then he'd probably be smart enough NOT to go on 4chan and blab about it, would he?
>>
>>61589832

how are you involved in making the record if you don't know the signal chain?

sorry but I have to call bullshit

james fucking loves explaining his gear

here's another one for you not to get: what floor of the building is the studio on?
>>
>>61590148
this
OP either has to prove himself or GTFO
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.