[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the modern Trout Mask Replica.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (371 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
file.png
371 KB, 406x406
This is the modern Trout Mask Replica.
>>
people who think this have no understanding of what made TMR great.

Seriously OP, give us a well reasoned explanation why your statement is accurate?
>>
>>61583851
it's intentionally garbage

that's all the "depth" TMR has
>>
>>61583940
It's funny, played Frownland on our radioshow today and got annoyed at my friend talking over it. AT the end of it though I'm listening to the amazing drums and I thinking about how few people actually listen to anything. That's your issue if you think TMR is bad, you have no idea how to listen to what you hear.
>>
I just burst into laughter whenever I see this cover. I still haven't heard it yet.
>>
This but tmr is an enjoyable listen? If anything is like tmr, it's pbx funicular intaglio zone by John frusciante
>>
>>61584412
That's actually the one good thing about the album imo. The pose is sus but compositionally it's a great photo with a great edit
>>
>>61583940
>it's intentionally garbage
that's right, they had to practice 15 hours a day to make it extra bad.

>>61584422
also ORL's Cryptomenesia is similar
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJxGZBvJAG4
greatest song of all time
>>
>>61584412
>>61584439
FUN AND OBVIOUS FACT NO ONE TALKS ABOUT

the album is made to woo Milley Cyrus. The cover matches up so the circles coincide with her mouth on the dead pets cover
>>
In 10 years there will be a Vice (or their equivalent) article praising the genius of this album saying that it wasn't appreciated in its time and it will spark a new interest among hipsters who explain in depth why this album is ACTUALLY perfect, and it will be hilarious lmao
>>
>>61584412
SP2H was AOTY
>>
>>61584481
I am already one of those people I am TELLING YOU this was album IS a 10/10 this hating pisses me off!
>>
>>61583683
That's a great album cover though
>>
>>61584608
I already said lmao in your direction anon
>>
this album is a fucking cracker, so bad it's good
the cover gets me every time
>>
erykah badu and andre 3000 have both publicly said this album is great and misunderstood
>>
>>61583940
You're a moron
>>
>>61584448
>they had to practice 15 hours a day to make it extra bad
This isn't even wrong.
>>
>>61584744
except it's not bad. you want to hear intentionally bad music, just listen to Georgieporgie or Hanatarash or >>61584744
some shit.
>>
First thing I do when I wake up is listen to TMR. Then I have breakfast, soybeans of course. After I eat I have my shower where I listen to Trout Mask Replica again. As a cleanser, I like to go for a run where I typically listen to a lighter album like Safe As Milk or even Bongo Fury. When I get back it's lunch time and I'll listen to Trout Mask Replica while I mash my soybeans. While I eat I like to enjoy a nice documentary, specifically one about Captain Beefheart. Following that extended screen time I like to keep my mind sharp with some reading. So I'll read and interpret the lyrics to Trout Mask Replica, of course I have the album playing in the background so I'm 100% focused.

By now my day is going pretty good and I usually want to share it with somebody else. So I'll call up some friends to hang out. We like to play basketball, play tabletop RPGS and watch movies together but mostly we listen to Trout Mask Replica. After we all listen to the album together in our listening circle we head back to my place for dinner where I serve up a mean soybean. Just for the sake of ambiance, I'll play Trout Mask Replica in the background. Dinner conversation tends to be lively as we each share our favorite moments from Trout Mask Replica.

My friends go home after this and while it was fun, it's time to prepare for another big day tomorrow. I'm only human so pardon me if this is graphic but I do enjoy a bit of masturbation before I sleep. I'm not really adventurous, I masturbate to vanilla, lesbian sex and oral but mostly just the cover art of Trout Mask Replica. Following that I clean myself up and unwind with a bit of music; Trout Mask Replica being my favorite. That's when I hop into the shower for a brief and relaxing warmth, I'm pretty clean by now I just want to ease up my muscles. Then it's time for bed. Being something of an audiophile I like to listen to music while I sleep. After I hit play to start up the song "Frownland" I drift to sleep.
>>
>>61584879

Confirmed for only hearing Tokyo Anal Dynamite, which isn't even bad
>>
>>61584943
that's true, I never liked them enough to listen to much.

>>61584910
I went through about a month period once where I didn't leave my dorm and just took LSD and listened to TMR on repeat smoking week. If you listen to Beefheart enough you can get so that it's the only thing you think sounds good.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.