[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do white people and hipsters listen to trap music? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: 1451869343381.png (1013 KB, 736x935) Image search: [Google]
1451869343381.png
1013 KB, 736x935
Why do white people and hipsters listen to trap music? I don't understand how any straight white male with a set of testicles can actually sit down and genuinely get inspired when they listen to it.

It's banal, degenerate entry level for shit that 13 year old kids would think is good
>>
Nice bait, my man.
>>
Because they are progressive college kids who don't lift weights, and listen to the indie media (which is obsessed with white guilt and hip hop)
>>
>>61582987
Why would you assume it's bait? Is anything I said inaccurate?
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>61583066
Chainmail?
Are you quoting yourself?
>>
>>61583024
You can't have these threads on /mu/, it hits them too close to home
>>
>>61583066
wat
>>
>>61583030
>please hide my shame ;_;
>>
File: 1449042576017.jpg (20 KB, 435x503) Image search: [Google]
1449042576017.jpg
20 KB, 435x503
>>61583066
>>61583132
>>
Because all the right trendy music press sites told them to and because it makes them look like nice progressive socially sensitive youth.
Funny how for all the insisting these kids do that their liberal arts studies are all about learning to think independently and question everything and everyone, they all look the same, listen to the same music, hold the same tired political beliefs.

And for fuck's sake, if Pitchfork and co. have managed to convince them to take Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift seriously why do you think convincing them to do the same for Young Thug would be any more difficult?
>>
>>61583132
wat
>>
If you live in the South you know that country/redmeck kids love trap music. So many kids wore camo and blasted Waka or Gucci in their lifted trucks on their way to going fishing. Party playlists alternated between trap and modern county.
>>
>>61582953
The dominant culture appropriates other cultures elements into their palate.

People call it racist like it's something anybody does on purpose but it's just human nature.

It is retarded though. And it's driven by the medi, maybe not by media inherently but at least by our current media.
The fact that these less dominant and less "privleged" cultures flock to these media sources (social media) like hotcakes makes this all the worse but it's not like anyones ever going to say anything bad about social media in social justice circles or in any media source.

I think I just said a bunch of stupid shit didn't I.
>>
>>61582953
because it sounds good to them
>>
Idk man I think it all sounds the same but I kinda like how the beats sound for some reason. Don't really listen though
>>
>>61582953
Because black music is cool and progressive while European folk music is racist.
>>
>>61583275
This, it's the rednecks who listen to rap, not the hipsters, they only listen to indie and emo
>>
>>61583159
>>61583078
>replying this fast

Get a load of this butthurt cuck
>>
>>61583275
>>61583581

Then why the fuck are music critics acting like trap music is anywhere near decent, then? Who are they pandering to if its not hipster cuckolds?
>>
>>61583163
>Funny how for all the insisting these kids do that their liberal arts studies are all about learning to think independently and question everything and everyone, they all look the same, listen to the same music, hold the same tired political beliefs.

This, so much this.

Most literature majors at public universities can make it through without even reading that much-- they just have to learn how to write a handful of Marxist/feminist essays and they'll pass with flying colors.

It's simple: ex-hippie professors teach hipster young adults the vocabulary of incessant sensitivity, hipster young adults (armed with technology) disseminate narratives until they become the fashionable opinion, high-schoolers follow suit, etc.
>>
>>61582953
im not straight.
>>
>>61582953
because fetish, consumerism, "cuc kold culture" and white guilt
>>
>>61583310
You made a good point on Howard nobody is bashing trap music though. People have came out and publicly bashed various forms of rock music, and most notably disco. Use it even though truck music is for people with an IQ of 16, people will still never bashed it because they are afraid of criticizing black people.

Believe me if I was on stage so I can throw something and I had a mic in front of a lot of people, I would trash that genre in front of everyone
>>
>>61583626
Check this out

http://www.salon.com/2016/01/06/sorry_about_your_boyfriend_internet_why_oscar_isaacs_ayn_rand_t_shirt_broke_a_million_heart_emojis/

The last found out that an actor wore an ayn rand t shirt some years ago, and they are completely obliterated him now because he does not fit into in there echo chamber.
>>
who give le fuck
>>
>>61583741
> who gives a fuck if an entire generation of kids are purposely having a shitty taste in music just to not appear racist

I wonder who's behind this post
>>
>>61583810
who are you quoting
>>
>>61583729
Why the fuck would anyone look to Ayn Rand with anything other than utmost disgust? For fuck sakes, I recognise the radical left of today as complete dumbassery as much as the next sane human being, but why would you idealise the complete polar opposite of the exact same batshit crazy coin?

Though I don't see any reason to get uset at the guy for wearing said shirt. He's probably just like any of the other vapid cunts who wear Che Guevara shirts without having any idea who he is. He thought it made him look cool and well-read, so why the hell not.
>>
>>61582953
because they like it?

>>61583810
yeah? who cares you autismo? do you act this stuck up amongst your friends and co workers too?
>>
>>61584218
>Who cares about the future of your civilization

uh huh
>>
>>61584482
>western civilisation
>future
Are you fucking retarded? Did you skip all your history classes? All civilisations rise and fall. Check back on how long European civilisation has been dominating the earth.

We're going through the same shit as the Roman empire did. Moral and cultural decadence unmatched by any other period of our history, constant economic instability, polytical instabiltiy caused by the whole thing being such a massive tangled cobweb of circlejerking influence pushing and plutocracy it's a fucking joke, and a drastic disruption in cultural and ethnic homogeneity. And now this entire upheaval of Islam.

We're past the point of no return and no amount of bitching on some irrelevant anonymous image board is going to change it. If you honestly believe you can change the natural course of history that has been repeating itself like a wheel since forever, then you must be genuinely retarded.
>>
>this mad black cock is so much tastier
>>
>>61583310
>medi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6LnK17jYY
>>
>>61582953
>13 year old kids

so /mu/ then
>>
>>61583861
>>61583729
>>61583626
>>61583163
Fuck off to KotakuInAction
>>
>>61582953
trap, unlike indie/rock/punketc. still has the power to upset reactionaries and the establishment. Trap is subversive. Trap is Revolution. Trap is the future. And you just proved my point
>>
>>61584482
oh im sorry you obviously dont have any friends or coworkers sperglord
>>
Okay, what the fuck is trap?
>>
>>61582953
>>61582990
Would you like a pair of truck nuts with that?
>>
>>61584482
>Oh no, kids are listening to bad music! Our civilization is doomed!!!

That's how autistic you sound.
>>
>>61582953
trumps a fat faggot. i want fatty sympathizers OUT
>>
>>61585291
A girl with a penis.
>>
>>61585183
Even though acting like bad taste in music spells societal doom on his part was excessive, I think your reaction proves just how much said society has in fact degenerated. It shows how genuinely caring about civilization and cultural integrity has gone from what the majority of the cultural ingroup feel, to an opinion so outre that only a loser with, as you say, no friends or coworkers could sympathize with it. The fact that caring about one's culture has been relegated to the likes of losers on /pol/ shows just how much society has fallen and degenerated, and how quite frankly culturally suicidal the average modern person's views are.
>>
>>61583810
no like hes right though. who is hurt because college age kids listen to Kendrick to appear 'diverse' and 'accepting'? not to mention a lot of people simply enjoy it and dont have some retarded ulterior motives. yes they may have been persuaded to listen to the music they like but fuckers on this board are persuaded to like /mu/core, so who fucking cares? get some priorities.
>>
File: Thatd be great thanks.jpg (61 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
Thatd be great thanks.jpg
61 KB, 736x414
>>61585494
That's all very interesting, no lie, but could you nice fellas possibly be tempted to relegate this whole exchange to, I don't know, ANYWHERE other than a discussion board for music?
>>
>>61585755
no :^)
>>
because the sounds are good
>>
because it's draining to view a large part of the population as emotional and intellectual flotsam. it's easier to just go with it
>>
>>61585755
Please and thank you
>>
>>61585755
See, this crazy thing happens on discussion boards where conversation naturally evolves from the original topic of conversation, completely related to the board topic, into something else. If you left your room more often you might have known this is how conversations usually do and are meant to go.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.