[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your IQ affect the quality of your music? For example, X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: KAnye-Amber-Rose1.jpg (222 KB, 750x446) Image search: [Google]
KAnye-Amber-Rose1.jpg
222 KB, 750x446
Does your IQ affect the quality of your music?
For example, X haves an IQ of 105, Y haves an IQ of 142.
Would Y's music be of higher quality than of X's? Or does it not affect it at all?
>>
File: ntmsn.gif (192 KB, 210x178) Image search: [Google]
ntmsn.gif
192 KB, 210x178
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
>>
>>61580393
no
>>
>haves

I know which one OP is
>>
>>61580393
Of course.
>>
>>61580393
well I can definitely see that you're X, faggot
>>
File: 1413141586522.png (297 KB, 498x344) Image search: [Google]
1413141586522.png
297 KB, 498x344
Based Gira
>>
Lil Jon's music is way better than Kendrick's, so I guess no.
>>
>>61582048
190?! Is this quote real?
>>
If you listen to classical, you most likely have a higher IQ than someone who listens to say Kanye West
>>
>>61582285
What if I listen to both? Do I explode in a symbiotic fusion of intelligence and ignorance to form an ultimate being of taste that you can't judge at all as it covers all aspects of music?
>>
File: 1452273178898.jpg (87 KB, 628x788) Image search: [Google]
1452273178898.jpg
87 KB, 628x788
>>61582285
i listen both coz im not a stereotype. you probably are into racism too and think yourself as an unique smart guy over shitting over everyone.
Is this even about intelligence or about lack of empathy and inability to understand other than your own point of views?
>If you suck cocks you have higher chance to be a faggot
>>
>>61582285
that doesnt mean you are not autistic useless piece of shit
>>
i dont think so. i feel like good shit is made when you are in the moment and not thinking about it all.

for example eminems interviews in 2000 make him look like a dumb wigger but his first couple albums are undeniably the best. he seems much more intelligent now and his shit sucks
>>
>>61582364
>empathy
>faggot

This one listens to kanye
>>
>>61582342
Nope, Kanye West is a bottleneck on you're iq so it doesn't even matter if you listened to everything else you listened to was some super smart stuff because it literally doesn't matter matter even
>>
>>61580393
well it does involve problem solving, especially if you self produce
>>
IQ does not measure intelligence so no
>>
File: scaruff.jpg (14 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
scaruff.jpg
14 KB, 450x300
>IQ tests
>>
File: 104895285214521.png (408 KB, 890x1892) Image search: [Google]
104895285214521.png
408 KB, 890x1892
>>61580393
no but in general people who scored lower on SATs seem to have preferred pop and hiphop
>>
>>61580393
It doesn't. IQ only measures logical-mathematical intelligence, there are other forms of intelligence and musical intelligence is among them.
>>
File: accept your death..jpg (44 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
accept your death..jpg
44 KB, 600x500
>>61580393
Got a perfect score on one of those online tests.
I consider myself an idiot.
I've got shit taste in music.
Music is subjective.
IQ is subjective and doesn't mean shit.
Existence is subjective.
I'm going to go kill myself.
>>
>>61580393
Y is probably a faggot who overthinks music and posts his opinions on an online image board
>>
>>61583367
How do you read this chart?
>>
>>61583367
the main factor here is upbringing not natural intelligence; i.e. someone brought up in a higher class family is far more likely to listen to classical music ('high art'/old money, so forth) and also have much better educational oppurtunities
>>
>>61580393

Musical intelligence, not limited to just the quality of one's ear, has a bigger impact on musical quality than raw IQ.
>>
>>61583367
It makes me smile when somebody tries to make these charts
Starts with listing artist's names, later adds some genres.
Expample Coldpaly etc., but it's just pop music.
I see there Linkin Park in the bottom, and Rock on the top. WTF? who does that?
What's the difference?
And I get it, is says MUSIC THAT MAKES YOU DUMB. I guess man who created this is dumb too.
Anyway, I love drumandbass, but that doesn't mean I don't listen to other types of music. IQ is somewhere between 125-135, because different test says different scores.
All in all IQ measurement will not take you far in life. You should do it.
>>
>>61582258
If it is Gira is pretentious as fuck desu
>>
>>61580393
nope

some tests/scientists say that yes but their test is biased.

Almost every single person on this earth have the musical knowledge (bands and tracks, not talking about musical theory) equivalent of mogli culinary knowledge.
So what they listen will be WAY MORE limited by what they know than their personal taste.

Those scientists dont know that (as I said almost everyone on earth is included, and this means also those scientists) and create this and others bullshit experiments that in the end will be biased
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.