[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone own a teardrop shape guitar? I'm planning on ordering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: starstream.jpg (131 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
starstream.jpg
131 KB, 640x480
Anyone own a teardrop shape guitar? I'm planning on ordering a Vox but they seem uncomfortable to play sitting down.
>>
File: vox-08.jpg (37 KB, 250x323) Image search: [Google]
vox-08.jpg
37 KB, 250x323
they probably are uncomfy sitting down

They kinda ugly too

the phantom is really cool tho
>>
dont play sitting down OP, girls cant see ur mean dick through the pants like when you stand up
>>
>>61581647
They sound phantasmic though :^)

Phantoms are cool too but these look like sexy surfy sitars
>>
>>61580269
>Anyone own a teardrop shape guitar? I'm planning on ordering a Vox but they seem uncomfortable to play sitting down.
No but I'v got Bouzouki which is a similar shape but smaller.

It's fine to play sitting down
>>
>>61582006
Do you have to sit with them between your legs or can you hold them normally?
>>
>>61582858
I usually put it on my left leg but it's usually it being put on the right or between. Here's a famous player in Ireland (I'm Irish and it's a common instrument here but it's greek originally)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKttmV2iW74

Here's a famous Bouzouki player from Ireland playing.
>>
>>61583156
That looks pretty comfortable. I read on a lot of pages that they're impossible to sit with but it really doesn't seem that bad
>>
my shoulder has started to get all fucked up from playing with my guitar on my right leg

i guess that classical position makes sense for more comfy
>>
>>61580269
if you want something comfy to play while sitting, consider a steel guitar
>>
>>61583700
not fellow you're replying to, but I'd like to point out that between the legs works very well if you have a good chair/stool that holds the left one up.

on the other hand, it's pretty bad to do on a chair where you need to frequently lift your left leg up (or keep it up) in order to not let the instrument slide out. after a couple weeks I wound up just returning my tear drop and getting a resonator instead
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.