[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that albums with true longevity tend to be 'growers'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 3542621.jpg (372 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3542621.jpg
372 KB, 600x600
Why is it that albums with true longevity tend to be 'growers' ?
>>
>>61578612
same reason I, with my longevity, tend to be a grower AMIRITE
>>
>>61579747
my penis is pretty small, and so, though my size does increase when i get hard (as it is practically miniscule when flaccid), I can't really call myself a "shower" or a "grower".
>>
>>61579747
>>61579806
Good job.
>>
>>61579806
Buddy, you don't call yourself a shower, you TAKE a shower. That's why you're so dirty all the time!
>>
amazing thread shaping up here
>>
>>61580150
I really do shower very little. I hardly ever go outside except to buy alcohol so it doesn't feel necessary.
>>
File: 1437510907750.jpg (43 KB, 599x401) Image search: [Google]
1437510907750.jpg
43 KB, 599x401
just throwing this funny meme image out here

save it anons, this image is all yours
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 700x700
Listened to it. Thought it was pretty entry level rap. Due to the constant memes I decided to give it another chance. I just want to say, when listened to as a whole, this album really has a lot to offer. Still growing on me, the memes however, not so much.
>>
>>61578612

humans brains are attracted to audio repetition/predictability. interestingly, visually we prefer variety/surprise.

music that gives us instant gratification is predictable, because it follows structure, meter, and chord progressions we've enjoyed in the past.

music that are "growers" are not immediately predictable because they generally do something unexpected, but become predictable, and therefore enjoyable, after repeated listens.

an extreme example may be the shaggs.
>>
>>61580658
>guaranteed-replies.jpg
I shouldn't even respond to this at all
fucking kill yourself jonathan
and take me off your goddamn mailing list
>>
>>61579747
>>61579806
I'd much rather be a grower than a shower.

>inb4 humans can't be showers they don't even have faucets

If I was walking around with a fucking meaty 6"+ flaccid dick, it'd reel in the lads and they'll be like "Shit Dave! How big does it get?!" and they'll be a jerkin and a milkin my Dairy Queen cocking til it's reaches maximum capacity. Which is a millimetre more than it was flaccid. Which is disappointing for them. But what do they or I care, my complimentary sausage is in the full English breakfast of their rectums.

Whereas if I was a shower that reached beyond equine levels of solidity, my chums from the chippies wouldn't even know, as they wouldn't waste their time with a shaft that isn't wider than a baby's finger.

Good thing I'm neither. Castration Crew 2k16
>>
>>61580658
FUCK OFFFFF IDIOTTTT
>>
>>61580727
>>61580727
Idk why you assume I'm Jonathan... If hes mailing you youre going to have to email him yourself I'm afraid I have no personal connection with the guy.
>>
>>61580658
This album isnt bad at all but we dont want to see it all day every day every night. It took a couple tries for it to grow on me too.

>this will probably be the nicest response you get
>>
>>61580658
How's life Jonathan?
>>
>>61580687
>the shaggs.
What about captain beefheart and his magical band?
>>
>>61578612
Because good music isn't really good if it's understood at first listen. I mean, it's nice, certainly listenable, but isn't nearly as interesting as something you don't at first understand and slowly take apart as you listen to it. Knowing that difference and actually utilizing it is genuinely the only difference between plebs and patricians. It opens you up to stop hating music of any kind really, instead you find yourself opening a bunch of doors to sounds you never thought you'd like
>>
>>61581040
well, definitely trout mask replica. most of his music is pretty straightforward but weird blues
>>
>>61582352
>plebs
>patricians
I agree with what your saying, but stop using meme's.
>>
>>61583767
I was trying to say that as like a "that shit doesn't matter but if you think it does, that's the only real reasoning behind it"
>>
Anyone else have a grower dick? Mine's like 1-2 flaccid but 7 erect.
>>
>>61584787
Is this a real thing? I can't see the logistics of this working out. Grower as well 6 1/2 erect but about 3 or 4 flaccid.
>>
>>61585994
>>61584787
do you guys really measure your dicks? are you 12?
>>
>>61584787
1-3 flaccid depending on temperature or activity, 6.5 erect

>>61586805
last time i measured was in high school. just estimating this point.
>>
>>61586805
I measure mine every day, sometimes two or three times a day. I've been doing this since I was 13
>>
File: so the flies dont come.jpg (40 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
so the flies dont come.jpg
40 KB, 700x700
the more i listen to this album the more i stop giving a fuck about how much i hate milo as a person and just enjoying the good production and occasional good rapping.
>>
>>61580808
underrated post
>>
>>61587966
Gave it 2 listens before declaring it "2 art rap-ish 4 me"

Re: Animist is really the only track that stuck with me, but maybe I should give it another listen
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.