[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did a shit tier ghetto trap rapper score an 80 on metacr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-01-08-06-06-28.png (332 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-08-06-06-28.png
332 KB, 1080x1920
How did a shit tier ghetto trap rapper score an 80 on metacritic, making it one of thr best reviewed albums of 2015?

I mean honesty, just how much white guilt do these cuck critics have? They overrate the fuck out of rappers like this while being notoriously harsh on rock artists, holding them to a higher standard - a prodigiously higher standard

Pitchfork gave this bullshit trap rap album an 8.4. Let that sink in.

This is a song from the album, sounds like any generic top 40 hit:

https://youtu.be/lw3Or6eqIpI

Yet because it's made by a "musician of color# they automatically get a high score, even though it's miles below rock albums that they give lown scores

Many critics are guilty if this

Explain this bullshit
>>
>>61576682
Critics will jump on any trend band wagon to stay relevant, if rock was popular they would do it, if jazz was popular they would do it, if Kpop was popular they would do it.
>>
>>61576682
Because one of the biggest names in Hip Hop of 2015 joined up with the biggest name in Hip Hop of the last few years.

Also like you said, their album sounds like a generic top 40 hit and thus is good by market standards.
>>
>'white' genres are held to a higher standard in music while 'black' genres are basically given free critical acclaim
>whites and asians are held to an extremely standard when it comes to being accepted into a uni while blacks can enter with average scores

how can we ever expect the african american community to progress if we basically say "it's okay to be average"?
>>
>>61576682
are you the same guy who keeps making threads on future?
jeez man who gives a shit. why go out of your way to care about something you hate.
>>
>>61576682
It's a great album.
>>
>>61576933
This is /mu/ remember?
>>
>>61576682
Because it captures the urban zeitgeist I guess.
>>
>>61577382
That's another way of saying it appeals to uncultured plebs

Should Avril Lavigne have gotten great reviews for capturing the pop punk girl who likes to wear black makeup zeitgeist?
>>
>>61577522
Probably.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (67 KB, 986x751) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
67 KB, 986x751
>>61577522
>>61577536
actually..
>>
>>61576940
If you're 13, sure.
>>
>I'm angry about this metacritic score

Literally worse than some album getting reviews. Why do you give a fuck? Do you think making this thread will change anything or do you just want a bunch of people to agree with you and say "yeah you're right OP it's just cuz your smarter than sheeple!"? I'm gonna guess it's the latter because you probably consider 4chan your "home" or some shit. Seriously fuck off all of you loser faggots.
>>
>>61578170
>don't talk about music on /mu/

Tyrone pls
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.