[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think there'll ever be a demand for vinyl records,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: MLP100003_altpic_1.jpg (51 KB, 707x500) Image search: [Google]
MLP100003_altpic_1.jpg
51 KB, 707x500
Do you think there'll ever be a demand for vinyl records, like there is for retro games?

Will we ever see prices increase to ridiculous amounts?
>>
There is already.

And prices are fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>61575296
We already are OP. I picked up Laughing Stock a few years ago for $20 at a local place and now the average price online is $300+. I regret not buying both copies desu.
>>
>>61575315
laughing stock is getting repressed so the price will drop
>>
>>61575351
I wish Mark Hollis' solo would get a decent reissue, the Ba Da Bing one was plagued with noise and bad mastering.
>>
Even new vinyl will become too expensive
And sooner than you think, pressing plants are already over capacity, and the situation isn't improving
It's almost impossible to get spares like cutting heads, and most of the people with relevant skills are dead or old
>>
Have they managed to make any Reissues of Loveless that don't sound like total shit yet?
>>
>>61576217
It's a HUGE market, more vinyls are being sold right now than 30 years ago. Unfortunately, in 20 years most of the records you pick up at second hand will be fucked up because of all the Crosley and Jensen turntables with record eating needles.
>>
>>61575405
I can only imagine how terrible a brickwalled version of Mark Hollis would sound
>>
>>61576232
The Japanese bootleg is competent.
>>
>>61577554

I currently have a crosley, the record eating issue is annoying as fuck, the crosley is breaking down anyway though, what kind of player/turntable do you reccomend? I frequently listen to records and also sample them.
>>
>>61577554

Oh do tell me where I can get a diamond needle that doesn't slowly eat away at plastic.

No where.

Also
>vinyls
Shiggydiggy
>>
>>61577751
SL-1200
>>
>>61577796
>SL-1200

Shit is 600+ and going for $1,000 to $2,000 on shit like ebay

Is this shit really fucking good or just meme shit? I remember seeing a bunch of articles about them coming back into manufacturing.
>>
>>61577751
AT-LP120
>>
A friend of a friend who was over offered me $200 for my original pressing of Either/Or, couldn't give it up but made me realize how much I could get for my original pressings if need to uproot myself in a hurry.
>>
>>61577846
Now that's a lot more reasonable price range wise, thanks man gonna look into it.
>>
>>61577751
An Audio technica lp120 with an Ortofon Concorde Pro s headshell

You won't be dissapointed
>>
>>61578041
>DJ cartridge

Nigga u dumb?
>>
>>61575296
Are you new?
>>
>>61577824
Literally the best of the best
>>
>>61575296
Go to amoeba for the first time in 15 years, see nothing but reissues. Fuck
>>
>>61575296

>2 compact disc

Is this either a bootleg or just being lazy?
>>
>>61575296
no because repressings
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.