[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Heroin anyone elses least favorite track? It seems like that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: MI0000832128.jpg (15 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
MI0000832128.jpg
15 KB, 400x346
Is Heroin anyone elses least favorite track? It seems like that's a lot of peoples favorites, but I just find it sonically to be lackluster compared to the other songs. Also Nico songs are most of my favorite songs so I might just be weird. I guess general VU thread too

Fav album?
Fav song?
Nico or lou?
>>
>>61574383
>fav album
tvu&n
>fav song
heroin
>nico or lou
Lou but I like Nico's songs as well
>>
Heroin is pleb-proof, easily one of their best
>>
>>61574383
fucking casual
>>
>>61574413
Really? I felt like it was the most accesible song. songs like Venus in furs and Im Waiting for my Man feature simple, seemingly straightforward songs under interesting textures and instrumentation. I dunno. Maybe I should listen to it more as somehow im new to VU. why do you think Heroin is their best?
>>
>>61574479
It's very sparse and minimalistic, and it builds up and comes down every verse in a really interesting and original way. Also it conveys a real feeling of opiates and Lou sounds really connected to the music in this particular song.

There's no other song like it, and that's very rare.
>>
>>61574479
Heroin made me really uncomfortable when I heard it for the first time as a preteen, sure it just has two chords but the lyrics and noisy violin make it anything but accessible

How could it be the most accessible with Sunday Morning, I'll Be Your Mirror and Femme Fatale on the same album
>>
>>61574383
Nah I'm same senpai. But then I think European Son is the best track.
>>
>>61574383
It's one of my favorites but I can see how it would be someone's least favorite. Except for I'll Be Your Mirror, the ones Nico sings lead on are some of my least favorite.

>Favorite album
TVU
>Favorite song
Pale Blue Eyes or I'm Set Free. From this album probably Sunday Morning
>Nico or Lou?
Lou Reed of course. He wrote or co-wrote pretty much every TVU song.
>>
>>61574383
>fav album
self titled
>fav song
femme fatale
>nico or lou
nico, check her solo albums. it's the best
>>
>fav album
white light/white heat

>fav song
pale blue eyes

>nico or lou?
they're both great in the velvet underground and they both have great solo albums. probably lou tho.
>>
>>61574537
Ya I can see that. I guess its just the more sporadic structure and the tempo changes just make it not seem to fit that well. It sort of works as a climax with the noisy bit at the end, but it just kind of exhausts me lol

>>61574591
She's the reason I'm listening to VU. I really love her solo work.
>>
>>61574634
*relatively sporadic structure
>>
>>61574383
Heroin is actually my favourite song of all time.
>>
File: R-3747174-1344899548-6827.jpeg.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
R-3747174-1344899548-6827.jpeg.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
Does anyone know any albums that sound as intimate and personal as this one? Or just anything that has a similar vibe.
>>
>>61574804
Im really dumb and accidentally pressed post a reply anyways I guess this works.
>>
>>61574383
Loaded
What goes on
Lou
>>
>>61574383

TVU&N
Sister Ray
Lou
>>
>>61574383
Heroin is my second favourite song on the album, after All Tomorrow's Parties. Nico is my favourite artist though, so I prefer her to Lou.
>>
>>61574383
>Fav album

WL/WH

>Fav song?

Sister Ray

>Nico or Lou?

Lou
>>
>>61574383
>Album
TVU&Nico
>Song
Candy Says or All Tomorrow's Parties
>Nico or Lou
Lou
>>
>>61574383
>fav album

Loaded

>fav song

Murder mystery or Sweet Jane

>Nico or Lou

Lou fo sho
>>
>>61575677
Scaruffi Detected

>Fav Album
Live bootleg of a whiskey a gogo show from 1968 my uncle gave me. Pissed that their tapes are getting a remastered released so all the plebfags will get to listen to them.
Otherwise, TVU&N

> Fav Song
Pale Blue Eyes=Venus In Furs = Waiting for the Man

>Nico or Lou?

Lou. Saw him live, stoned out of his mind and based as fuck. Great night. Also dig John Cale Solo.
>>
I saw Lou Reed live last month with Bowie. Can't believe you don't like
Heroin.
>>
european son is my favorite song from that album desu

>fav album
white light white heat
>fav song
lady godiva's operation
>nico or lou
cale
>>
>>61576368
Gr8 B8 m8
>>
>>61576390
What's the problem here "m8" I have photos you want to see
>>
>>61576373
this, but I don't care for european son
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.