[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I swear to god I'm not trying to be contrarian or stir
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: speedinbullet2heaven.jpg (59 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
speedinbullet2heaven.jpg
59 KB, 406x406
I swear to god I'm not trying to be contrarian or stir up shit.

I don't like this album, but I don't think it is THAT bad. Definitely not 0/10 bad. More like 4/10. And I'm not just referring to Bald Sicilian Meme Man, lots of YouTube reviewers, all of /mu/, and most of twitter has been posting about how this is such an overwhelmingly repulsive and unlistenable album.

Cringey lyrics, repetitive songs, way way way too long, Beavis and Butthead samples are absolutely disgusting. What I'm hearing is someone who enjoyed 90s rock and tried to emulate it but failed horribly. But it only seems as horrible as it is because Cudi went from being a decent rapper to this. This is the same generic shit you'd hear played by random bar bands that poorly emulate Nirvana in the same way.

But he did play all of the instruments himself, write the songs himself, and make a really ballsy move by moving in this direction, even if he failed horribly.

My problem is less with the fact that some people hate this so much and more with how it's considered exceptionally bad. Okay, I admit I hate this album, but I still respect it more than whatever shitty pop flavor of the week a good amount of /mu/ is praising because Pitchfork was paid to give them a good review (neo-Beiber, Chief Keef, etc). Those artists album are a little better at best, but are praised by music communities hopping on the "now pop music is hip" bandwagon.

For some perspective, if Speedin' Bullet 2 Heaven is a 0/10, then what is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrL8APTT6kY

If generic guitars and childish lyrics justify a 0/10 we're going to need some negative scores because it can get much worse than that.
>>
honestly to me this album is an 8/10 but I also get that it's literally just me soooo whatever :p
>>
>>61572424
Good post
>>
very few albums are 0/10 or 10/10 (or even 1/10 or 9/10) but a nuanced "it's okay, i guess" doesn't get a quarter of the views "WORST ALBUM OF 2015" would.

sorry you have to read about music on the internet.
>>
>>61572511
this is 1/10 don't even try
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klXY3r-O80c
>>
>>61573140
I genuinely love you
>>
>>61572387
>More like 4/10

hello pitchfork
>>
What happened to man on the moon? Tried finding cudi zone on spotify to wash away he cringe of sbth and couldn't find it.... Pursuit of Hapiness is literally the only song available from the album. Not in YouTube either.
>>
I really like The Return of Chip Douglas...
>>
>>61572387
Its punk of course it's repetitive. 10/10 imo I love this album still.
>>
it's really not that bad, there are some gems
>>
>>61575181
It's not punk it's "grunge"
>>
>>61576767
grunge is even better than punk. repetitive chord progressions is part of the genre but no worse than pop music.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.