[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Useful online material for learning electronic guitar from scratch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 0303000503_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg (17 KB, 526x186) Image search: [Google]
0303000503_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg
17 KB, 526x186
Useful online material for learning electronic guitar from scratch? I want to play psychedelic rock.
>>
>>61570367
Psych rock? Learn your blues scale on YouTube.
>>
Ultimate guitar for tab learning

honestly you could probably learn the basic skills on your own just by playing tabs
>>
>>61570367
WAH PEDAL
>>
>>61570389
UG has pretty good free lessons too. Their collection must be huge by now
>>
just learn synth, does everything a gaytar can do and more.
>>
>>61570389
Don't listen to this guy, the last thing we need is another shitty guitarist who can't read sheet music and doesn't know what a scale is.

>>61570382
Almost all rock descended from blues, learn the roots of everything and learn to play the blues. The blues are a great place to start, once you can play some classic country/blues you can move onto psych rock, but I would suggest learning some scales.

Google Justin Guitar, he's pretty good for beginners.
>>
>>61570446
Reading tabs and learning how to read music aren't mutually exclusive. Don't listen to this clown
>>
>>61570466
Going straight to Ultimate Guitar is what 15 year olds who want to play Slayer do. Learn some fucking theory first.
>>
>>61570436
Fingers are too small

>>61570389
I was hoping for something that teaches me music theory so I can eventually read sheets as well, but this database has a lot of stuff I like.
>>
>>61570484
You can always learn after. Stop trying to be an epic guitarist hardass.
>>
>>61570486
Justin Guitar for shitty reddit style theory for plebs. But it's still a good place to start.
>>
>>61570495
>durr learn to play Back in Black before you know any theory xD

We have enough shitty guitarists who can't into timing and don't know what makes a chord.
>>
>>61570518
Why not? If they can play the song right then who cares
good meme logic
>>
>>61570518
You're not telling me how I avoid doing this. Give me material and I will study it.
>>
>>61570486
For music theory, Wikipedia might be a good source, not even joking
>>
>>61570367
>>61558718 download some of the shit in OP's post. Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1&2 are definitely worth it.
>>
>>61570534
It fucks up a lot of stuff done the road like soloing within chords and soloing period
>>
>>61570604
That's when you learn music theory. I never said to never learn theory. My point was just that you don't need to know it to start learning how to play.
>>
>>61570486
Small fingers aren't a real obstacle with keyboard synths. Women almost always have smaller hands and shorter fingers then men and they're just as competitive in classical piano
>>
>>61570534
learning how to play a guitar tab is not the same thing as learning how to play a guitar
>>
>>61570623
If learning theory headfirst is going to make things less fun for OP then he can put it off, but he definitely should learn eventually. True that most guitarists are shit though
>>
>>61570652
Neither is learning music theory. Music theory is a broad set of ideas that apply to every single instrument. It isn't specific to one instrument.
>>
>>61570623
>>61570655
imo get a feeling for the instrument & how its played first, then learn theory.
>>
>>61570367
>electronic guitar
lel

anyway go here OP, best website for learning guitar: www.justinguitar.com
>>
File: 9f4PA4l.jpg (315 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
9f4PA4l.jpg
315 KB, 612x380
Learn to play your favorite easy songs, then the harder ones. Practice scales. Ur welcome fgt
>>
>>61570518
A lot of guitarists do not know theory.
>>
>>61570858
Most guitarists are shit too.
>>
>>61570858
>the vast majority of guitarists don't know theory*

ftfy
>>
From a SRV interview:
"A lot of the songs I write now … I don’t even know what key they're in. I have to ask somebody to find out. I can play it, I just can't name it. Jazz changes and all. But I don't know the names of what it is I’m doing.”

Inb4 SRV is dad blues tier, he's an amazing guitarist regardless of what you think.
>>
>>61570913
You can definitely play well without theory if you have a good ear and enough practice. But not being able to communicate what you're doing, or even know what you're doing, can be a hindrance for a professional musician.
>>
>>61570960
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say most /mu/ core bands do not/did not know music theory. If you train your ear to hear to what sounds good and what doesn't you can make some really interesting music.
>>
It doesn't hurt to learn how to read sheet music and learn where notes are on your fret board when you're starting off. It's not hard either so it's not like you should put that off for any reason.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.