[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are bands like Nirvana and the Beatles so underrated here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
Why are bands like Nirvana and the Beatles so underrated here?

Can /mu/ just not into (good) pop music?
>>
>>61570317
mu loves Nirvana
>>
because /mu/ is filled with special snowflakes who are too cool for popular music
>>
/mu/ loves Nirvana and mostly likes The Beatles too
>>
Pop music is great in the same way candy is great. Good in small amounts but if you have too much you start to get sick. I have no qualms listening to pop music but I can't listen to them 24/7 on the radio the way some people do because I just get tired of the same 5 songs again and again, and occasionally, a new song I can't stand from the get go is on and I just want to avoid that like crazy.
>>
>>61570317

Why did Nirvana become the hot new forced meme of /mu/

I don't mind though familia. Nirvana is one of my favorite bands. :^)
>>
>>61570317
hating Nirvana was slighty cool 5 years ago because of muh Pixies, so /mu/ loves them now
>>
>>61570339
>>61570374
>>61570512
>>61570621
I thought /mu/ only liked Bleach?
>>
>>61570827
That's a meme. Bleach was awful it's a meme Nevermind is their greatest.
>>
File: 1439575889186.jpg (57 KB, 720x368) Image search: [Google]
1439575889186.jpg
57 KB, 720x368
>>61570317
/mu/ loves Nirvana and The Beatles, they're just too shy,hivemind, and proud to admit it.
>>
File: getmad.jpg (38 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
getmad.jpg
38 KB, 407x405
>>61570827
>>61570855
Couldn't find a good one. Deal with it.
>>
Personally I think Nirvana is great, at least on their 3 major albums and in most of the live shows I've seen on YouTube.

Beatles are kinda boring alot of the time at this point (not all the time), even though they are clearly incredibly talented and innovative.
>>
>>61570855
pleb
>>
>>61570855
>>61571132
If all of their albums are good, how much does it really matter which one is their best?
>>
>>61571148
>Bleach was awful
that guy has shit taste is all
>>
File: ZoHWkpu.jpg (17 KB, 400x358) Image search: [Google]
ZoHWkpu.jpg
17 KB, 400x358
Because pride is fools fortress...

When one pursues self worth via ego inflating accomplishments you over value your perceived difference in the areas you care about. To the hipster artist, informed uniqueness can be a reflection of superiority. To be different as such, to such an individual, is to be more intelligent or more creative. Special. Ultimately, better. A better person. A better person than you, the person who may judge them.

It's the kind of attitude that will keep a person from telling you that something considered cliche to enjoy is actually important to them. It's an attitude that drips from above average intelligence, insecure millennials. And it's the attitude that this board is soak in.

Differentiation of self isn't taking a right turn cause everyone else is. And it's also not taking a left just to be different. It's being adult enough to choose the direction you wish to go and then going that way because it's what you actually want to do. But that simple thing often takes bravery. That's why people don't praise Nevermind, or Sgt. Peppers in these parts.
>>
>>61570317
not really underrated here.

it's just that most people here have already gotten in to them in the past and probably listened to them a shit load already and here to find music that isn't always shoved in your fucking face
>>
>>61571313
>informed uniqueness can be a reflection of superiority
I doubt there are very few people who actually think this
>>
File: 19826349823.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
19826349823.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
>>61571313
uffday m8y
>>
File: 20765732[2].jpg (32 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
20765732[2].jpg
32 KB, 360x360
this is god tier
>>
>>61570827
/mu/ only likes Incesticide and to some degree In Utero
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.