[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wavves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Wavves-album-cover.jpg (158 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
Wavves-album-cover.jpg
158 KB, 608x608
>>
>>61569952
wavves
>>
wavves
>>
>>61569952
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
More bands like the first four songs on here?
>>
>>61569952
this was my jam 5 years ago
>>
>>61569952
they stink
>>
File: mintchicks_screens.jpg (169 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
mintchicks_screens.jpg
169 KB, 800x800
>>61570250
The Mint Chicks
No Age (somewhat)
Cloud Nothings
Males
>>
are they the 10's early mercury rev? if not who is it?
>>
>>61570392
Nah, they're more the the 10's Jesus and Mary Chain

Not sure what the Mercury equivalent would be though
>>
>>61570250
https://triptides.bandcamp.com/album/psychic-summer
>>
>>61570250
surfer blood
surf curse
fidlar (in terms of the energy, their songwriting skills kinda suck imo)
>>
Hey I remember 5 years ago
>>
>>61570392
i love old wavves but no they are nothing alike
>>
LET THE SUUNNN BURN MY EYEEEES
LET IT BURN MY BAAAACK
>>
anybody here into old ass wavves when it was nathan's shitty lofi surf punk compared to the poppy ass garbage they make now?
>>
>>61571949
ILL FEEL WIDE WIDE OPEN
>>
>>61571907
>Surf Curse

I went to high school with one of the guy and the other I met in college. It's always crazy seeing their name on 4chan and not some rundown hipster party.
>>
>>61571956
yes
got both cds
king of the beach wasnt all that bad tho
>>
>>61570250
Jay Reatard - Watch Me Fall
Vacation - Candy Waves
Bass Drum of Death - Bass Drum of Death

Although I'd take any of those bands over Wavves
>>
Its shit
>>
>>61571994
the drummer's solo project is great. im so mad that i havent been able to catch one of his shows around so cal. check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRtI4o6sNyE
>>
>>61572060
Wavves are pretty much a reincarnation of what Jay was doing with Nathan as the frontman, I love wavves to be honest, saw them live and they were actually really good, way way better than the live stuff uploaded to youtube.
>>
>>61569952

hmm..I use to buy my weed from Toby.
>>
>>61571956
the album they released last year is their only good one
>>
>>61572938
I mean I certainly don't hate wavves, it's just that a lot of what they do feels like a watered down version of previous acts.
>>61573030
Shit taste my man
>>
>>61572938
Yeah really. I went to a Wavves show not expecting much, but the place lit up immediately as soon as they came on stage. There was no security so people were just stage diving left and right and the pit didn't give up the entire night. They put on a kick ass show.
>>
>>61573061
Lol.
>>
File: 2lkcs2w.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
2lkcs2w.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>>61573046
>>
>>61573046
I love em' they have been going for almost a decade now, I love Nathans first two albums, they were really great when they came out, because every other indie artists was using slick productiom like Vampire Weekend, then the first two wavves albums dropped and I loved em, just single coil guitars with these really lofi effects and simplistic production techniques to make a really interesting sounding album. I also live the King of the Beach and Afraid of Heights, they matured a lot on those albums but still remained very simplistic in production and were a lot of fun to listen too. I even think their latest album is fun. They are just a good band in my opinion, they're not fucking SWANS or anything, but I just really enjoy their sound.
>>
>>61573079
What does this even mean
>>
File: vvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg (178 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
vvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg
178 KB, 658x658
I think V is their best album. Fuck me, right?
>>
>>61573125
That's perfectly fine, I was just giving my opinion. There's plenty of good garage rock out there though if you seek it out; they weren't revolutionary or anything
>>
>>61573142
lots of people do, it's their most critically acclaimed album to date.

memefork gave it an average score tho which sealed it's fate here.
>>
There was this one emo nerd Asian girl in high school that I sorta liked

Among other things, she liked Wavves, Voxtrot, Spazzkid, Haruki Murakami novels, pictures of Suicide Forest, Doc Martens and black eyeliner. I think she was trying to get into journalism?

But after school ended, she started smoking and eventually decided to hop on the transgender meme wagon. Shit tier girl, but thanks for introducing me to Wavves, Deia
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.