[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenagers think Pet Sounds is some kind of experimental emotional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: pet sounds.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
pet sounds.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
Teenagers think Pet Sounds is some kind of experimental emotional masterpiece when really it's just The Beatles 2 Faggotronic Boogaloo

I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on /mu/. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about.

To all you Pet Sounds fags, how much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.
>>
File: 1452071415304.jpg (40 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
1452071415304.jpg
40 KB, 400x402
First: is this copy pasta? Because if it isn't, it should be.

Second: I love the Beach Boys, and I play 4 instruments, with a grade 8 in ABRSM Classical Guitar and music theory, as well as grade 5 in piano and jazz theory.

Third: If you're kind of person to even think of the words "Faggotronic Boogaloo", you're far from an emotional masterpiece yourself.
>>
>>61564795
you got pleb boy swag, ill give you that
>>
/thread
>>
the beach boys rule

the beatles rule

desu senpai
>>
>>61564601
I got a C in GCSE music you cunt

Me and my mates played Ace of Spades as our group performance piece. We would've done Orion (I play bass) but our drummer hated Lars Ulrich too much. for my solo composition I got high, sat a xylophone for 2 hours and ripped off Steve Reich.

In the exam I got a higher mark than a bunch of arrogant jazz cunts because there was a question on Song 2 and unlike them I knew what a riff was.

I'm going to beat you up OP
>>
>>61564601
I enjoy this album and appreciate it for the efforts that Wilson went through to make it. For it's time, it truly is a masterpiece.

Play piano, violin, guitar/bass and know somewhat about music theory although never really focused on it.
>>
Someone make a ITAOTS version of this.
>>
If you know music theory than you should be able to appreciate the generally uncharacteristically complex arrangements for pop songs on this album.

Also Beach Boys harmonies are dope.
>>
The beach boys suck. There's literally nothing good about them. The songs are fucking queer as shit, they helped spawn tons of garbage music to boot, the band name is gay, and one of the stupid faggots thought charles manson's horrible songs were good. I didn't even know anyone even thought anything about them besides they were some kind of real life partrige family or the monkees or some bullshit like that. The idea of anyone ever considering them some kind of ground breaking shit only solidifies my belief anyone on here doesn't know what "good" means, only what others them what "good" is.
>>
>>61564601
You must be fun
>>
File: 1447102141448.jpg (4 KB, 125x110) Image search: [Google]
1447102141448.jpg
4 KB, 125x110
>>61564601
>I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on /mu/. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about.
>To all you Pet Sounds fags, how much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.
>>
shut up Jason
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449357797060.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449357797060.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>Teenagers think Pet Sounds is some kind of experimental emotional masterpiece when really it's just The Beatles 2 Faggotronic Boogaloo. I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on /mu/. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about. To all you Pet Sounds fags, how much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.
What a madman
>>
OP sounds like a teenager trying to overcompensate for something. Bragging to anonymous people on the internet about your musical knowledge while referring to a revered band as "Faggotronic" makes you sound like you're 14.

Anyways, I know very BASIC music theory, as in time signatures, the notes of major and minor keys, and forming chords beyond maj/min/dim/aug and such. I can play guitar, bass, keyboard, and do a lot of sampling as well.

And still, Pet Sounds is an amazing album. Not because it blows your mind, but because its just good. The arrangements and layers of everything, and Brian Wilson's lyrics, really just form a very beautiful yet mature poppy experience.
I mean, when I listen to I Just Wasnt Made For These Times, I'm just like "yeah Brian, I feel you, I get that." It just resonates with me strongly.
>>
>>61564601
Man you sound like a retard with his face taped together
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.