[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tool Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg (93 KB, 400x355) Image search: [Google]
Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg
93 KB, 400x355
General discussion thread about tool. Interested to see people favorite songs/albums. Also if anyone had an comment on the Fibonacci Theory I'd be very interested as well. For me Lateralus is the only album I've listened to the whole way through and I loved it.
>>
>>61562922
Literally fedora core ;^)
>>
>>61562922
The new album will never be released.
>>
>>61562983
I heard some rumors but wasn't totally sure. I know Keenan was talking about doing more stuff with APC but that never happened. Tool is on tour now. You don't think it'll ever come out?
>>
>>61562922
TOOL IS SHIT

I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE SHIT THEMSELVES FOR THIS SOFT ROCK DRONE FEST
>>
>>61563016
>You don't think it'll ever come out?
Not as a Tool album.
>>
>>61563016
I think you should gb2reddit
>>
>>61563036
Hmm that's kind of upsetting to hear. Would really like to see a new album from them. What do you think about Puscifer?
>>
>>61563021
Fuck you
>>
>>61562922
Pretentious assholes with a pretentious fedora fanbase
>>
>>61563042
Not from reddit, just trying to hear some opinions from people.
>>
The Patient is an awesome song by Tool and Undertow or Lateralus is my favorite album.
>>
>>61563077
Not all of us our like that though
>>
File: 52846-17597I5705.jpg (856 KB, 2618x1710) Image search: [Google]
52846-17597I5705.jpg
856 KB, 2618x1710
WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LIKE TOOL?
>>
>>61563056
>What do you think about Puscifer?
The new album felt really lackluster, as if Keenan is just puttinng something out so it seems like he's working on anything but his wine. This is why I think that he will never write or record any vocals for the new album.
>>
>>61563021
>SOFT ROCK DRONE FEST

How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>61563122
That guy is an idiot. I really don't understand. Why waste your time going to threads about things you don't like just to say "HEY I DON'T LIKE THIS"? Like nobody cares, he's just looking for attention
>>
>>61562922
Have you listened to Lateralus the correct way?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xWIwFb2NSc
>>
>>61563230
>the correct way?
the obsessive fanfic way?
>>
>>61563255
okay so you haven't
>>
New album is coming out this or next year

the whole band is just waiting on Maynard apparently

at least from what ive read in like 7 interviews
>>
>>61563230
Yes I have. That's the way I have been listening to it actually. It sounds really nice that way to me. Whether it was meant to be or not, it sounds really cool so I kept it
>>
I've tried liking TooL many times and have failed every time.
>>
>>61563287
I actually have. Didn't care for it. The problem with Tool is that their output is so slim that that their fans have nothing to do in between albums but look for hidden messages that aren't there.
>>
>>61563184
Yeah I agree. I liked a few, The Remedy was definitely my favorite. But most was just eh
>>
>>61563299
Maynard said he's waiting for the other guys to write stuff so he can
>>
>>61563330
What have you been listening to? The song Sober is what got me into them a long time ago and I kinda just went from there.
>>
>>61563343
Well seeing as to how many of the tracks actually overlap when played in the new order, I don't see how you could say that it doesn't exist.
>>
>>61563191
>being this new
>>
>>61563366
i have listened to their whole discography a couple times and never got into it. a lot of people really seem to like them so i really tried. it's just slow and edgy without having any sort of real profound depth or meaning
>>
>>61563584
i felt the same way, but then dropped acid and listened to third eye
>>
>>61563584
It definitely took me some time to get into their other stuff. Have you tried A Perfect Circle or Puscifer? There stuff is a little easier to listen to with more profound lyrics and less emphasis on music. That's what helped me transition into Tool. I developed such a like for Maynard Keenan that I was able to appreciate Tool a lot more
>>
>>61563640
>Puscifer
>with more profound lyrics
>Down this vagina mine
>>
>>61563584

This >>61563616
>>
>>61563670
I was talking mostly about APC. Puscifer is meh at best but some of there stuff is really good.
>>
File: trez_frown.jpg (121 KB, 1000x515) Image search: [Google]
trez_frown.jpg
121 KB, 1000x515
>>61563126

Who's the smaller manlet, Maynard or Trent?
>>
Brian, stop making tool threads on fucking /mu/
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.