[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memphis Hip-Hop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: memphis hip-hop.jpg (865 KB, 4000x3040) Image search: [Google]
memphis hip-hop.jpg
865 KB, 4000x3040
Memphis rap thread?

I'm just getting into this stuff, I listened to some Three 6 Mafia albums which I thought were cool, and now I'm listening to Niggas Of Destruction.

I'm using pic related to guide me, I remember there was a pastebin that had links to tons of mixtapes/albums but it doesn't exist anymore, does anyone have another way to get these obscure projects? I've found a few with plain googling.
>>
bump again
>>
>>61561923
Other than Three Six and affiliated artists (Project Pat, Lil Wyte, Fraizer Boy ect.....) I can only think of 8ball & MJG and young buck. Pretty sure Dj Paul and Juicy J each have a pretty full solo catalog as well from back in the day.
>>
Used to listen to Memphis rap for a good 3 hours a day for maybe 6-7 months after hearing Mystic Stylez

Check out some DJ Sound, DJ Zirk, 2 low key, Tommy Wright iii, DJ Squeeky

Albums:
DJ Zirk - Nuttin But The Killaz
DJ Sound - Vol 9
Lil Glock & SOG - Blow a nigga ass off
Tommy Wright iii - runnin n gunnin
Ten wanted men - Ten Wanted Men

Also good three six solo stuff:
Koopsta Knicca - Devils Playground
Lord infamous - Lord of Terror
DJ Paul & Lord Infamous - Come wit me to hell part 1 & 2
>>
>>61565356

Moar?
>>
>>61565356

Also if you want some modern day interpretations of Memphis rap from that scene that was big like 3-5 years ago check out:

Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation
Lil Ugly Mane - Playaz Circle (got more of a underground tape feel)
Raider Klan - Greatest hits part 1 & 2
Spaceghostpurrp - Blvcklvnd Rvdix 66.6
>>
>>61561923

This blog spot used to be good for some of that stuff back in the day.
Google '187umkillah blogpost'
>>
Also use 'mid 90s Memphis rap' blogspot
>>
That chart is fairly accurate, but there's always more from the genre if you dig deeper, like a rap group called Three Memphis Kniccas, they have the most basic af production but it sounds spooky and hard still
>>
>>61565681

How does one dig deeper than that chart? I had never heard of any of that shit.
>>
>>61565785

That chart covers a fuck tonne, just basically saying that there are so many underground Memphis tapes out there to find, jump on google and Google a few that aren't on there:
2 low key
3 Memphis Kniccas
187 Family
Criminal Manne
Nigga creep
MC Mack
Mack T Dog
Children of the corn
Buckshot
>>
>>61565953

Sorry meant to say YouTube, once you find a few of them the suggestions can lead you to more, there's loads of tapes
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.