[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUDE WEED LMAO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 570683ff.jpg (221 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
570683ff.jpg
221 KB, 800x533
Does anyone else find it frustrating when people trivialise interesting or even vaguely experimental music with comments like
>one word: cocaine :P
>lsd: not even once xDDD

All opinions on drug usage aside, it is kind of offensive to say that all of an artist's creativity just comes from drug use. What do you think?
>>
Most of them have no idea what lsd or cocaine is even like. I fucking hate uninformed faggots who think lsd makes you crazy and see dragons
>>
>>61559114
I agree.
>>
Drugs can be used productively for creative uses, but most of the time it seems people abuse them as a way of covering up some personal imperfection or insecurity. A lot of drug users are also overly talkative about their drugs which annoys everyone else.
>>
>>61559818
my cousin's friend's older brother knew a guy who took lsd once, and he said that he saw a dragon
>>
>>61559903
Unless he took like 15 hits, he didn't see a dragon.
>>
>>61559818

I took LSD once. It warped my perception of time, with constant deja vus etc.. Also I could look at the clouds and be entertained for hours, except that the hours are like 3 minutes in normal time. Boosts you associations.

It was not unlike weed, just about 100 times more intense. No hallucinations, though.
>>
>>61559936
I'm pretty sure he's trolling, but yeah, lsd does not work like that. I'm a little bummed the public perception of acid is so fucked, it actually helped immensely with my depression, and I know others like that as well
>>
>>61559114
I Only dislike it when ppl say this album was only made because artist Took X drug
it's very disrespectful to the artist
>>
>>61559818
>>61559903
>>61559936
i could totally see that happening, but more in the sense of "wow man that cloud looks exactly like a dragon, i'm tripping nuts lmao" rather than "holy shit, look at that dragon in the sky"

acid doesn't cause actual hallucinations
>>
>>61559114
Yes but most of them are underage retards in YouTube comments so who cares.
>>
>>61559114
It feels pretty bad when you're the artist. "Wow so trippy", really?? That's all you got from my song? It's such a shallow view of something I spent so much time doing. Part of the reason I don't ask my friends for criticism anymore.
>>
>>61560092
That's partly your fault, bro. The average person probably isn't well-versed in musical terms and can't really give you valid criticism
>>
>>61560092
Precisely; this was what I was trying to say. If I were to mention Tame Impala as an example, someone might say "Oh yeah I love their music! So trippy!!"

Well, okay. But really, what do you actually -mean- when you say "trippy"?
>>
>>61560813
the music was unusual and unexpected but intimate. if it was a long song or an album, then I would add in that it was a journey through different emotions and feelings and maybe even mental pictures. idk

I think if you called it trippy b/c you were just trying to explain it as easily to other people who aren't into music as much as you are or have the se understanding as you.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.