[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>old old old fag here. inb4 you fine folks will never ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: thriller.jpg (72 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
thriller.jpg
72 KB, 953x953
>old old old fag here.

inb4 you fine folks will never ever know the impact this had not only on music, but society as a whole.

Young people, old people, middle aged people - there was nobody in 1982 who wasn't groovin' to this album. And unlike Bieber, there was no dissension, no hate, and no rabid followers looking to jump Michael's bones. This man was simply a presence, the likes of which hasn't been seen since.

I kid you not, this music would play outside of restaurants on external speakers (they had this kind of stuff back then in major urban areas) and the people on the sidewalk would break into a dance... in the first world.

You poor kids will never know the phenomenon of Michael the way those did who grew up to watch him rise from an enslaved child musician to a superstar the likes of which has not been seen since.

Not Bieber, not Beyonce, not Britney, not Metallica, not AC-DC, not Spice Girls... nothing has come before or since that simply made people stop, come together in peace and take notice to music since.
>>
>>61555854

Yeah, but is it good? no.
>>
>>61555854
Le wrong generation meme
please fuck off
>>
>>61555854
Off the Wall is much better.
>>
>>61555854
thriller was a great quincy jones record
>>
>>61555854

1982?
in november?
wasn't it fucking freezing?
>>
File: 51B+LoyD3VL.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51B+LoyD3VL.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
MJ was a poor man's Luther Vandross.
>>
>>61555854

>1982
>this is what was "popular"

no fucking wonder dad-rock and other 60-70s album rock is so fucking cooked into 20th century musical history,
for a whole decade decent people had to resort to the music of 60s and 70s, even though the music was already 10+ years old, because the "popular" music was such garbage, all thanks to this album and all the copycats that came with it
>>
>>61555854
>You poor kids will never know the phenomenon of Michael the way those did who grew up to watch him rise from an enslaved child musician to a superstar the likes of which has not been seen since.

nobody gave a shit or even remembered the "Jackson 5" or Michael Jackson until this album came out. Michael was off the radar.
>>
In 1982 I was 6 and disliked this album that my big sister loved because the Thriller video was 2spooky4me so there
>>
zozzle who cares it's shit
>>
>>61556003
nah loads of people had 'off the wall'
>>
mj made no impact on culture

look around you right now

there is no evidence he even existed
>>
>>61556535
>what is the moonwalk?
>>
>>61556572
beats me

presumably you'll have to ask someone who majored in michael jackson lore
>>
>>61556572
wasn't that the guy from shalamar?
>>
too many niccas hating on OP here we need to respect thriller and mj
>>
>>61556029
>literally pushing 40
>still on /mu/

this isn't your world anymore senpai

let go
>>
>>61556029
what a pussy
>>
>>61556653
Please go away kiddywinky, you have no experience, wisdom or knowledge.
>>
>>61556681
>experience, wisdom or knowledge
>welcome on /mu/

seriously, I'm embarrassed for you right now
>>
>>61555854
>>61555886
Thriller is pretty good
Off the Wall is pretty good

Michael Jackson was really good as an artist because of his energy, his music was pretty good.
>>
quincy jones is a genius and yall haters are max plebs
>>
>>61556696
No need, just look in the mirror and say "i am a man"
>>
>>61555867
>>61555878
>>61555895
>It's old and popular so it must be bad
>It's not a concept album so it's bad
>It's not artsy enough

Good christ you people
>>
>>61555854
>inb4 you fine folks will never ever know the impact this had not only on music, but society as a whole.

I distinctly remember everybody in my junior high school class watching the world premiere of 'Thriller' on MTV.

>>61555886
>Off the Wall is much better.

I was a fan of Funkadelic/Parliament, and Rick James when that album came out so didn't appreciate it nearly as much.......although I was REALLY into disco due to 'Saturday Night Fever'.
>>
>>61556718
/thread
>>
I heard Bieber's new album was pretty banging tho
>>
http://youtu.be/VzBI6Aydl9Y
>>
>>61556003
>nobody gave a shit or even remembered the "Jackson 5" or Michael Jackson until this album came out. Michael was off the radar.

LOL, right, even though 'Heartbreak Hotel' & 'Can You Feel It' were hits off their Triumph album in 1980-81.
>>
>>61557138
that live album was fucking huge

i think you're arguing with people who's parents were listening to whitesnake and stuff
>>
How can anyone on /mu/ dislike Michael Jackson what the fug is wrong with you all
>>
>>61557204
bc everyone is being a contrarian who thinks liking albums made 20 years before they were born is soooo special as long as they werent too popular
>>
>>61557165
>i think you're arguing with people who's parents were listening to whitesnake and stuff

Probably. That whole 'Disco is Dead' thing in '79 pretty much screwed over artists who were making dance music geared to minorities and females.
>>
File: biberrr.gif (687 KB, 500x672) Image search: [Google]
biberrr.gif
687 KB, 500x672
>>61557204
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.