[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best decade and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Music Decades.gif (175 KB, 777x1069) Image search: [Google]
Music Decades.gif
175 KB, 777x1069
What was the best and was the worst decade for music and why? Vote and comment.

BEST: http://strawpoll.me/6455851

WORST http://strawpoll.me/6455857
>>
So can we conclude that the 1990s are /mu/'s favorite music decade with 1970s being a strong runner-up?
>>
>Best
The 70s in my honest opinion. There was a lot of experimentation in music at the time, especially in Electronic Music (my personal genre of choice) with people like Jean Michel Jarre, Alans Parson. etc. Not to mention the emergence of Krautrock from bands like Faust.
>>
>>61555546
As for the
>Worst
The 10s.
So far, there is not a lot of experimentation and creativity coming out of the 10s. It feels like pop music is slowly being phased out and there are only a few notable artist that some may consider to be good from this decade. Maybe it's still to early to say how I feel about this decade overall but for some reason I feel like memes have been the reason why music from this era just seems forced. Even the 2000s had its fair share of decent music. I can only name a few band from this decade that I like.
>>
I debated between 60s and 70s, but chose 60s in the end since I really love its first poppy part, and its second rocky part, where all the amazing bands and artists I love started producing great music.
>>
>>61555602
What if 20 years from now you're just getting around to discovering all the great albums you missed this decade? There are hundreds of thousands of albums being produced from every culture in the world. have you listened to enough to judge? Not to mention we're only at the halfway point of this decade. Most music people like from the 60s was produced from 1965-69 after all.
>>
>>61556212
>So far
>>
>>61556239
>What was the best and was the worst decade for music and why?
>implying 2010-2015 is a 'decade'
>implying you aren't just using this thread to whine about the state of modern music because you aren't adventurous enough to seek out enough new and different music
>>
>>61556296
10/10 projecting, especially since I'm not even the guy you were originally responding to
>>
>>61555526
Yes
>>
>>61556339
What I'm saying is that 2010 shouldn't even be on the poll, because the decade is halfway over. A film critic doesn't watch half a film and review it anyway.

What am I projecting?
>>
>>61556442
Judging by the trends of this current decade, the music scene doesn't look all that promising.
>>
>>61556537
But there are tens of thousands of artists who don't fit with the general trends of popular music but are still producing albums, so...

Besides, judging music as a whole by trends in popular music is a bad idea. Not many of the albums from the past that we hold in high esteem today fit in with the trends of the time. We value revolutionary, new ideas in music that defy trends.
>>
>>61555602
What do you think is to replace pop? Hip hop kind of stuff?
>>
>>61555249
>all the 00s and 10s hate in the second poll

Wow, looks like /mu/ isn't that much le right generation as it seems to be sometimes.
>>
Fuck this "80's were the worst decade for music" idea. It's no surprise that so many of you picked the 90's as the best.
>>
>>61555602
>http://strawpoll.me/6455851
i didn't enjoy the 1910 music scene at all either
>>
>>61557027
Yeah generational bias is gonna strongly skew these polls
>>
>>61557027
what did you say was the worst decade then?
>>
>>61557058
but that's when music started
>>
>>61557553
Yeah! Let us hear you, faggot!
>>
>>61557027
name more than 12 artists that released good albums in 80's
>>
>>61555249
Who's that 00s band?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.