[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums from Beginning to End
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: 220px-Labor_Days.jpg (21 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Labor_Days.jpg
21 KB, 220x220
Albums you can listen to the whole way through without skipping a song.

Queens of the Stone Age - "Songs for the Deaf"
The Offspring - "Smash"
Soulfly - "Back to the Primitive"

Avoid the classics... we get it, the Beatles, Stones, and Zeppelin made a bunch of good music. Well, I've got the day off of work a lot of Fallout 4 to play and I don't want to listen to fucking Abbey Road. Spotify is God... tell me, who shall my Spotify shine it's effervescent light upon this afternoon?
>>
i listen to every album without skipping a song
>>
Gee, thanks, kid. I'm looking for a direction for today's experience and I'm asking the 4chans what's worth listening to. I don't have a lot of time so I want to sink it into something worth listening.
>>
>>61554614
This. Or I just make a playlist.
The new Thighpaulsandra is on spotify. You should listen to that.
>>
>>61554573
>Zeppelin
How can you listen to an album that's just the same song over and over?
Honestly OP if you're a normal human being without some sort of ADD, you should be able to listen to any decent album all the way through.
>>
I legitimately can't tell if threads like this are b8 or not.
>>
>>61554614

More background... I work a lot. A-fucking-lot. And Christmas time to me means 7 day work weeks and 14 hour days.

I finally have some time off of work... I'm 30. I don't have the time of day to listen to every album all the way through. I have one day off and I want to hear something GOOD.
>>
>>61554673
i have never listened to led zeppelin - the post
>>
>>61554683
You know it's b8 if the OP doesn't at least thank the one person that gave him a rec.
>>
>>61554655
This guy.

Never heard of Thighpaulsandra before... been listening to the song "Salute" while I'm waiting for some decent responses... this is good stuff. Thanks, Anon!
>>
>>61554687
>I don't have the time of day to listen to every album
We gave you an answer OP. Any album that's generally considered good will be listenable all the way through.
>>
>>61554687
then listen to them crooked vultures or white stripes, white blood cells, the raconteurs broken boy soldiers, maybe royal blood. that could be stuff you might enjoy
>>
>>61554714
I'm supposed to thank someone who gave me a rec. Good lord, how many fucking rules does 4chan's /m/ have?

>>61554742
THANK YOU. Recommendations like a good neighbor. Anon, points to you. Have a great day.
>>
>>61554733
No problem.
What else is on Spotify? All the cLOUDDEAD-related stuff.
>>
>>61554738
No shit. Any album that's good is worth listening to. Thank you for your flash of brilliance Mr. Einstein. If I have time to not work and listen to EVERY ALBUM ON SPOTIFY IN ITS ENTIRETY... I wouldn't. Because there is a lot of shit music out there. I'm relying on a trusted friend, Anon, to shed some light on music worth hearing.
>>
>>61554733
You have heard of Thighpaulsandra before though.
He's been in Coil and Spiritualized.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (20 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
20 KB, 225x225
>>
I have heard of Coil before, but not Spiritualized. This Thighpaulsandra stuff I like. It's a listening experience. Mmm... music.
>>
>>61554824
C'mon, bruh. Don't make me image search. Who dat be and what album title?
>>
>>61554573
Add N to (X) - Avant Hard
>>
File: upset duck.png (51 KB, 457x496) Image search: [Google]
upset duck.png
51 KB, 457x496
is this thread satire?
>>
>>
>>61554832
It's my AOTY 2015.
Hits all the right spots as it goes through its various conniptions.
A real treat of an album.
>>
File: ddsaad.png (231 KB, 595x847) Image search: [Google]
ddsaad.png
231 KB, 595x847
post, talk shit, get hit, etc.

I think that mine will trigger at least one person.

also currently listening to lovebeat and then imaginations
>>
>>61554845
Animal Collective - Centipede Hz
>>61554912
oops meant to start new thread
>>
>>61554573
>Fallout 4
>The Offspring
>Fucking SPOTIFY
You are the reason /mu/ is shit
>>
>>61554912
MOAR SUGGESTIONS. Stellar. Tons of kudos to you, Anon.

I'm adding these to my spotify. Pretty sure I've got enough music to get me through the day but I've still got half a bong to go before I hit the Commonwealth.

Keep it goin'!
>>
>>61554929
You just wasted the limited time you have been given for this life to talk shit to a good-intentioned Anon.

Fuck you, sir. Hope you get shit in your cereal.
>>
>>61554940
>sir
Just go back to whatever other terrible place you came from be it reddit, /b/ or/v/
>>
>>61554956
You listen to any good music or just make bad posts?
>>
>>61554970
This im not the one making bait threads buddy
>>
>>61554783
>No shit. Any album that's good is worth listening to
>EVERY ALBUM ON SPOTIFY IN ITS ENTIRETY
>>61554573
>Albums from Beginning to End
>Albums you can listen to the whole way through without skipping a song
If you're just looking for good music check the Sticky.
>>
>>61554994
The lad is just baiting
>>
I don't even know what bait threads are. Have fun sucking the fun out of things.

TO EVERYONE WHO GAVE ME A RECOMMENDATION- Thanks, er'rybody! I appreciate it. 4chan has the same ratio of solid-Anons / worms, so it's good to see some things will never change. Keep working to make 4chan great!
>>
>>61555022
This might be the most reddit thing i have ever read. Your taste seems pretty reddit too. You should really go to reddit.com/r/music and ask for recs there
>>
sun kil moon - ghosts of the great highway

assuming you aren't baiting. welcome to /mu/ if you aren't.
>>
File: 51R9Z6528WL.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51R9Z6528WL.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>
>>61555164
Thanks. I'll add that to the list.

What the deuce is 'baiting' and why is everyone so afraid that I am doing it?
>>
File: Swans_The_Seer_album.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Swans_The_Seer_album.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
This.

Also Voices From The Lake s/t.

Obviously many more, but these two are my darlings right today.
>>
>>61555022
This is the pastiest thing I've read all week, thanks for the cringe
>>
>>61555022
Sup friendo, it's cool that you're here and all, but never make a thread again until you've lurked long enough to get this website.

If you don't think you get it, you haven't lurked long enough.
>>
File: Rush_A_Farewell_to_Kings.jpg (117 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Rush_A_Farewell_to_Kings.jpg
117 KB, 300x300
Used to be my favorite album. I still love every song though. Let me know what you think if you have not already heard this album before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeumL5HTFDk
>>
Listen to the first two Pixies albums for sure, and if insane sax-punk is your thing, Y by The Pop Group and The Modern Dance by Pere Ubu are both great. If you haven't heard it yet and are open to stupid weird metal, Mr Bungle's self-titled is really good. If you want something a little less spork, their album California is just as amazing.

But if you're only going to pick one to listen to, PLEASE for the love of god listen to Rain Dogs by Tom Waits. It's a classic. If you've heard it or don't want to listen to a semi-mu-core album, his later work in Bone Machine, Mule Variations, and Real Gone is also unbelievable.
>>
>>61557329
I've lurked long enough, on and off enough, to not care about the rules and politics of 4chan. I post about every 6 months with a random question or an effort to gather some resources. That's why I appreciate the help so much.

Again, posters who are still dropping in with some good music - thank you. I'm keeping an eye on this thread and updating a list.

>>61557600
Pixies, Mr. Bungle, and Tom Waits are all outstanding but I've listened to their libraries. Anyone else paying attention who hasn't - do so!
I'll look into the 'semi-/mu/-core' stuff because I've never heard any of them. Thanks!
>>
>>61558294
I'm an idiot. You meant Tom Waits' other works.
>>
Every album, obviously.

For me, skipping something from an album is kind of like skipping a scene from a movie. i think there is a huge value to hearing songs in the context of the album.
>>
>>61558439

Valid... if the intent of the album is to be listened to in one setting. I think a lot of current artists, who make good music, recognize that the audience doesn't have the attention span or the free time to enjoy music (and nothing else) like they used to... this leads to 3 part songs and albums that can be consumed in parts.

My intent for the thread was to find some releases that are:
1) Meant to be listened to, from beginning to end, in one setting OR
2) Not intended like #1, but stands up to extended listening.

Hmm, Anon got me thinking. Good shit, mang. Good shit.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.