[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is bass even relevant in the metal genre? you can't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (755 KB, 1410x1410) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
755 KB, 1410x1410
is bass even relevant in the metal genre? you can't even hear it most of the time and this album has confirmed no bass and it's still a great record.
>>
The b8 just keeps getting worse each day.
>>
it's a good record in spite of that tho, not because of it
>>
File: a2874080468_10.jpg (513 KB, 1154x1200) Image search: [Google]
a2874080468_10.jpg
513 KB, 1154x1200
Some bands like Pig Destroyer didn't have a bass guitar at all, while other bands like Neoandertals ditched the guitar.

But yee so few like Neoandertals. Experimental Brutal Death at it's best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-mQUUhpqKg
>>
this is the only good metallica album
>>
Yes. Yes it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOGF2y1aisk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEdQ3KWVzdc
>>
Stoner metal has pretty prominent bass.
>>
>>61553115
Nice bait you got me.

It's a 6/10 at best and the worst of the first four

Try to listen to bands as diverse as Iron Maiden, Atheist, Cryptopsy, Sleep, Misanthrope, Bolt thrower, Deathspell Omega ( well paracletus at least) , Faith No More without a bass.

>inb4 bassist
I'm a drummer
>>
>what is iron maiden
>>
>>61553740
don't forget Black Sabbath, Queensryche, Megadeth, Anthrax, Judas Priest, Dark Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Incantation, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Motorhead, Mercyful Fate, Sodom, Grand Belial's Key, and most non-extreme metal

this is all without getting into any of the "prog" bands that showcase some virtuoso bassist

the "bass doesn't matter" meme has been propagated by a couple decades of bad music and ignorant listeners
>>
The others were being dicks because they couldn't get over Cliff's death and because Jason was the "new guy". The album is great but the lack of bass is noticeable
>>
File: a1764478040_10.jpg (548 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a1764478040_10.jpg
548 KB, 1200x1200
>>61553115
yes
>>
>>61553115
really depends on what kind of metal you're playing
>>
>>61553115
Next time try to quote a good band without a bass guitar, not a mockery of the genre.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.