[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no one buys my album or acknowledges it in any way how do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: (50).png (109 KB, 360x340) Image search: [Google]
(50).png
109 KB, 360x340
>no one buys my album or acknowledges it in any way
how do I get my shit out there .........
>>
when did pepe get so detailed? I like it
>>
1. don't charge until you know you have people who are willing to buy
2. be annoying. post everywhere in forums and to your facebook friends and shit

hope this helps friend
>>
>>61552358
welcome to the club
>>
>>61552377
>le facebook frog
>>
>>61552358
I would never buy or even listen to an album by someone who posts pepe on 4chan.
>>
Howe about making a good albums instead of that meme piece of shit
>>
Post it for free on youtube, bandcamp, and soundcloud. Monetize youtube views, get donations on bandcamp.
>>
>>61552714
Sell physical copies for real monies. A T shirt or something with a cool design will sell itself and promote your music. Some sites don't even charge you for inventory or anything.
>>
same.
although I never told anybody about it.
>>
>>61552358
stop making garbage music for starters
>>
>>61552358
Kill yourself. No wait, hear me out. It`s good advice. After you are dead, someone might pay attention to your gay shit. Please consider it.
>>
Easily the best way to get your shit out there is to play shows, free shows, small venues or people's houses, absolutely anything you can do. Assuming you're not garbage, there will always be a couple of people interested in your business
>>
>>61552358
Can I have link
>>
Be active in the bandcamp/soundcloud threads on here
>>
Make good music, if you do a minimum amount of marketing with good music, you're set, if it's niche music, but still good, you might need a bit more marketing but you should get as far as good your music is regardless.
>>
You gotta shill bruh. That's the only way
>>
>>61552409
not him but what about charging like a minimum value of $1
>>
>>61553636
Charge 2-3.
>>
>>61553636
Charging anything and all is a surefire way for people to not listen in on your music.
Same goes for apps, games etc. Unless you already have a reputation or your shit is really good most people will dismiss it for the price tag. Even if the price tag is only 20 cents.
>>
>>61552358
Post it here, /mu/ is so honest. Go on.
>>
>>61553686
If you don't charge anything for your music people will assume it's worthless.
>>
>>61552358
be talented, make good music, put it on bandcamp and soundcloud and youtube for free. remember how enthusiastic you are when you hear an album that blows you away? you want to talk about it, you want to get other people to listen to it. thats what youve got to inspire in people.
>>
>>61552358
keep practicing, keep releasing stuff, promote it, play shows. it won't come over night
>>
>>61553733
I havent paid for any of my music. theres things in my library I dld from rutracker and what that I love but I wouldnt even know if they were commercial releases or given away. it doesnt even enter my head to find out.
>>
>>61553733
Considering you have no reputation and have little to no sales, isn't your music kinda worthless?
>>
>>61553770
You're part of the problem, it's the mindset that art doesn't have value when it does.

You can have people listen to your music for free without them owning it, that's what streaming music is for.
>>
>>61553787
Tree falls in wood, etc.
>>
>>61552358

Suck a Pitchfork reviewer's dick
>>
>>61553825
what problem?
and I do value music, Id be devastated if I lost my library & backup. I get so much pleasure from it.
>>
>>61552358
post the link for one thing you mong
>>
>>61553754
What should you do after that? Are there certain forums that help get your music out? Should you spam on related videos? Do certain tags work better?

I imagine that most bedroom/internet bands did more marketing than just putting their stuff on those sites.
>>
>>61554987
how about you just link it or fucks sake
>>
>>61555029
I'm not OP lol I was just wondering
>>
Put it in an essential /mu/ chart and spam it. Make sure the album cover appeals to avant-teens. Most people on /mu/ won't listen to/like the music if it has a bad cover.
>>
>>61555233
It's an image board so that image can compel one to check what kind of music is hiding behind the cover.

Really bad ones work as well.
>>
>>61552358
You need to become a WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.