[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tame Impala > Animal Collective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (310 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
310 KB, 360x360
Tame Impala > Animal Collective
>>
>>61476060
Jokes on you, he's right;
>>
>>61476393
No he isn't
>>
Would you like to explain why?
>>
>>61476393
>he
>>
>>61476403
lol
>>
>>
Mercury Rev>>>Flaming Lips>>>>>>>>Animal Collective>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tame Impala
>>
Interesting
For once op is not a complete faggot
I 100% agree that tame impala trumps animal collective any day
Fucking hipster cucks
>>
>>61477931
>Memecury Rev

Not that good to be honest, Flaming Lips are better
>>
I've listened to animal collective and didn't really get into it, whereas Tame Impala had me hooked pretty quick. It's probably because they're more of a pop band
>>
>>61478079
animal collective is pop too, but they're more try-hard
>>
Tame Impala is the band you recognize playing in the store you just walked past that sells $30.00 t-shirts

Tame Impala only knows one tempo: Sad Mumbly Disco

Tame Impala is trippy man

Tame Impala's best trait is that you can't immediately tell that the singer is Australian

Tame Impala is the Jackson 5 of neo-psych
>>
>>61478151
Poor soul can't recognize the new Beatles when he sees 'em.
>>
I'm lmao
>>
>>61476038
Melody's Echo Chamber >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
File: Velociraver.jpg (140 KB, 639x798) Image search: [Google]
Velociraver.jpg
140 KB, 639x798
>>61477931
Let me fix that.

Mercury Rev>Flaming Lips>Tame Impala>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Animal Collective
>>
>>61478151
Did you just listen to currents? Lonerism and innerspeaker are way better and they're not even close to shitty disco
>>
>>61476038
Fuck yeah someone who agrees with me. Lonerism is fucking God-tier
>>
why is it that now /mu/ hates tame impala now? They use to love them but just because currents got popular they can't stand them
>>
>>61478790

or maybe currents is just shit compared to innerspeaker
>>
>>61478790
>>61478835
This. I love me some Lonerism, but I can't see why people think Currents is so great when it's just bland synthpop with flangers on everything.
>>
>>61479165
I'm not saying currents is great, I think it's their weakest, it's more currents made everyone hate lonerism a lot more
>>
is this about psychedelic music? the only band tahts been listed that i've heard is tame impolot.

What aboot king grizzard and the lizard wizards? (sp? im drunk)
>>
This generation's Any Colour You Like, She Came in Through the bathroom window, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iNixYKN58g
>>
In terms of originality, you cannot compare tame impala with animal collective. Tame Impala is unbearably boring. I recently listened to all of their albums again, and I couldn't wait until it was done. Though I don't like a lot of animal collective's music, what I do like is incredible.
>>
File: ProspectHummer.jpg (89 KB, 319x292) Image search: [Google]
ProspectHummer.jpg
89 KB, 319x292
AnCo's best album btw
>>
>>61476038
you fucking what
>>
whyyy wooooont they taaaalk to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (thought I was hap-py !)
>>
>>61480384
>album
>>
>>61478071
This. They've fucking never had a consistent album
>>
>>61477931
switch the order and you're right

>mercury rev
>band with no album above 5/10
>>
>>61482312
How are Yerself is Steam and Boces not consistently great.
>>
>>61476038
Both shite
>>
>>61483098
They're both good albums but a couple of songs let them down, also Deserter's is their best
>>
>>61476038
What's with this AnCo sucks meme

>>61477931
Mercury Rev > AnCo > Flaming Lips > Tame Impala
>>
my tame impala fanboy friend hates me because i can acknowledge that currents is absolute garbage and he probably made this thread to spite me
>>
>>61476038
Why not listen to both for their respective strengths?
>>
Lonerism is one the 10 worst LPs I've heard.
>>
>>61484715
HA!
>TRYING TO INJECT LOGIC
>INTO /mu/!?
YOU FOOL!
>>
>>61484782
listen to more music
>>
>>61484823
I've listened to more music than you though.
>>
>>61484830
Kek. Just with that post I can tell you're underage.
>>
>>61484797
Man i thought by now the memes would have died down, oh well I guess I'll have to learn to embrace them.

JUST
>>
>>61484841
I'm not though, and again, I've listened to more music than you and been here longer than you as well.
>>
>>61484867
No, dude, I'm agreeing with you

I'll try not to meme from now on
>>
>>61484869
Doubt it

Honestly I doubt it.
>>
>>61484893
you can do whatever you feel like bb
>>
>>61483874
lol
>>
why do people here only seem interested in discussing music they think is shit? it's like /v/ desu. y'all must be terribly depressed. this place isn't good for anything except memes.
>>
>>61485688
Neo-mu is very insecure so its easier to say something is bad rather than good
>>
>>61485811
This. The amount of times I've talked about an album's personal emotional significance to me just to have some wheelchair kid spout his shit opinions that he's unable to back up.
>>
>>61485857

as much as I hate when that happens; that's the double-edged sword of opinions. his baseless trashing is just as valid as your heartfelt confession because both of you are being subjective.
>>
>>61486487
How so?

I'm not asserting that my record is objectively good, so why is it equal for them to assert that it's objectively bad.
>>
>>61477931

>LE MOST OBSCURE BAND>>SEMI POPULAR BAND>>MU/SPAM>>LAYME IRMPALAR
>>
>>61486901
how it always goes with contrarians
>>
>>61478151
>ive only listened to Currents
>>
>>61485688
even the memes are shit
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.