[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sued by his own mother >records a six minute long fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1
File: marshall.jpg (172 KB, 630x421) Image search: [Google]
marshall.jpg
172 KB, 630x421
>sued by his own mother
>records a six minute long fantasy about killing his wife and puts it on an album
>compared gay marriage to bestiality in a song
>still famous and respected by the public and by mainstream media
How?
>>
because he doesn't rap about drugs and getting money and fucking bitches like fucking lil wayne

you just don't fucking get it dad.
>>
Because he raps good you autist.

>compared gay marriage to bestiality in a song

citation needed faggot
>>
because hes white
>>
>>61472641
>But if we can hump dead animals and antelopes
>Then there's no reason that a man and another man can't elope
>>
>>61472467

The only reason he got famous is because of his edgy music. I still dig MMLP and SSLP.
>>
Two reasons
1. white
2. people understand he's just playing a character
4. the people who don't understand #3 are edgy teens who look up to him and keep his hype alive.
>>
Because he raps good for a white boy and that is enough for GOAT sales apparently lmao
>>
>>61472796
8)
>>
>>61472467
He is a rap god. Right?
>>
>why doesn't society systematically eliminate anyone who doesn't have the same set of opinions as me?
>why am I alone the paragon of logic, reason and virtue?

fuuuuuuuuck you OP
>>
>>61472857
Fuck you too.
>>
Because people older than you aren't over-sensitive hyper-pussies.
>>
>Got a laptop, in my back pocket
>>
>>61472896
Fucking r e k t.

Op on suicide watch!!
>>
>>61472857
OP's isn't saying "how?" as in he's mad it doesn't align with his morals, he's saying why does Em get a pass where other artists are heavily criticized and ostracized from the music community?
>>
>>61472467
>what is an antihero

christ this place is getting more pleb by the second
>>
>>61472981
What other artists are you referring to?
>>
>>61472981
Because the late 90's and early 2000's were very different from 2016. You underage boners have no fucking idea.
>>
>>61472467
Because society and PC culture was a hell of a lot different even as recently as ten years ago, let alone fifteen years ago when all that stuff happened with him. He got plenty of flack for all of it. You probably weren't old enough to remember. He was by far the most controversial mainstream artist of the early 2000s.
>>
>>61472981
Also, he was heavily criticized in the media back then. Eminem made a huge stir back then.
>>
>>61472677
i thought this was meant to say that there are more fucked up people in the world than gay people so why does society care what they do

i dont think he was comparing them at all
>>
>>61473049
Him and Marilyn Manson got blamed for columbine and youth crime all the time.
>>
>>61472467
tfw u so white u look like fucking silicone
>>
>>61473059
This

OP is an anvil fucker
>>
>>61473106
I swear he's wearing an excessive amount makeup. Or maybe it's plastic surgery.
>>
I'm sick of him
Look at him, walking around grabbing his you-know-what
Flipping the you-know-who," "yeah, but he's so cute though"
>>
>>61473014
Just in general. Tyler, The Creator being banned from New Zealand/Australia and Rick Ross being dropped from his deal with Reebok as a couple examples
>>61473019
I was just prefacing OP's question, I completely understand. It's sheep mentality.
>>61473058
This too, he's notorious for his shock value. That's his whole shtick
>>
>>61472467
>his mother sued him because he wrote bad things about her in his music
yeah no, shes a druggy bitch
>records a six minute long fantasy blah blah blah
there's tons of respected metal artists that write much worse stuff in their lyrics
>supported gay marriage in his lyrics
indict him now!
>>
He looks like a Toy Soldier to me.
>>
>>61472677
>comparing

He's defending beast-fucking, you mongoloid. Em loves the antelope vagoo. Really, it's quite progressive.
>>
he's white so he's just bein "creative"
>>
>>61473208
Le meme kid
>>
>>61472467
Because it feels so empty without me.
>>
>>61473223 kek'd
>>
the fuck are you talking about? eminem has gotten banned from so many places. how young are you people were you not around to see just how much he was hated?
>>
>>61472467
>>sued by his own mother
That doesn't mean anything by itself, many innocent people have been sued
>>records a six minute long fantasy about killing his wife and puts it on an album
He's a shock jock, everyone intelligent knows
he plays a character
>>compared gay marriage to bestiality in a song
Nothing wrong with that
>>
>>61473357
http://strawpoll.me/6443989/
>>
U N D E R A G E
>>
>>61473059
It's kind of out of place then, considering the rest of the album has absolutely nothing positive to say about homosexuals ("Hate fags? The answer's yes!") The lines that came before that part, "Sometimes I want to get on TV and just let loose, but can't, But it's cool for Tom Green to hump a dead moose", make me think that it's not an endorsement. Of course, Eminem is obviously not homophobic in real life, he did perform with Elton John at the Grammy's.
>>
>>61472592
>lil wayne
Whoa there gramps
>>
>>61473404
>He's a shock jock, everyone intelligent knows
>he plays a character
But most of his songs have really witty jokes. Even "Stan" was darkly funny, when Stan is describing how what's happening is like that Phil Collins song, but "Kim" isn't funny at all. It's like listening to a guy actually daydream about killing his wife.
>>
>>61472467
Because he's white.
>>
>>61473559
You know what's funny? In his song White America, he actually admits this.
>>
>>61472592
>dad
i think you're the oldfag here bro
>>
>>61473654
damn...
>>
>>61473495
Shit on gays in the cuts and defend them in the singles, keeps you dangerous for the fans and PTA meetings but fine with everyone else.
>>
nobody cares it's just art man
>>
>>61473495
>Sometimes I want to get on TV and just let loose, but can't, But it's cool for Tom Green to hump a dead moose

lol this reads like fucking parody lyrics from an onion article or something

tell me these aren't real
>>
>>61473654

He's pretty fair about it and never comes off as fake or pandering to groups. Meanwhile Macklemore will admit that he has white privilege in the genre but the way he does it is inherently sincere. You can tell by the way that Eminem has approached these issues that it's a natural extension of his character. But when Macklemore does it you can tell that he is saying exactly what people want to hear and how they want to hear it. He hits all the politically-correct talking points. He's a very polite snake, but a snake all the same.
>>
>>61475353
I do this all the time, It sells. Folks love contrarians. Especially in the last several years. Hate on Gay adoptions, instant rebel status.
>>
>>61475418
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJO5HU_7_1w
>>
because he is, whoever he says he is,
if he wasnt, then why would he say he is?
in the paper, the news everyday he is,
i dont know its just the way he is.
>>
>le pretty fly for a white guy
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.