[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Traditional Irish music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I bought a cheap vinyl copy of pic related ("Old Hag You Have Killed Me" by the Bothy Band) because I thought the title was amusing, but now I'm kind of fascinated by this genre. Where else to look?
>>
>>61466734
check out orthodox celts, they're an irish band based in serbia
also for more modern irish music check out stuff like the rumjacks
and if you want funny irish there's darby o'gill
>>
>>61466734
traditional:
Planxty
The Fureys/Finbar & Eddie Furey

revisionist:
The Dubliners/Ronny Drew/Luke Kelly
The Clancy Brothers

crossover:
Clannad
Hothouse Flowers
>>
>>61466734
Dubliners,Wolfe tones (IRA music),The Pogues were influenced by irish music a lot. Orthodox Celts and Irish Stew from Serbia are good.
>>
>>61466734
Lynched have some good stuff out now.

Christy Moore's stuff is decent as well. Luke Kelly's work is god tier.
>>
>>61466783
>>61466832
this song was my intro to orthodox celts, and I think the best version of the song
https://youtu.be/HEt2XdN_TbQ
>>
How can you listen to this without bursting into laughter I cannot take this seriously
>>
>>61467087
what is it you find so funny about it? and what's wrong with listening to shit that makes you laugh? why's music always got to be srs business
>>
>>61467155
I can't take it seriously. I'm sorry. Its on the same level of a high school band. Yeah it's "cute" but usually awful/ly funny.
>>
>>61467087
Irish music actually has a lot of emotional range. There are plenty of vulgar drinking songs that aim for laughs, along with much more somber funeral songs and so on.
>>
>>61467057
Since I am from Serbia,I can tell you they are probably one of our best bands,which is kind of ironic since they play Irish music.They are absolute masters at live performances,and are very humble guys who like to hang out with random people,despite being one of biggest stars in my country.
>>
>>61467354
since you didn't link anything in your oriinal post are you talking about irish music in general or the band orthodox celts?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.