[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How have different artists reacted to Weird Al parodying their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Weird-Al.jpg (73 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Weird-Al.jpg
73 KB, 612x380
How have different artists reacted to Weird Al parodying their songs? I know Kurt Cobain considered it an honor, Coolio was upset because he felt Al was trivializing a serious song, and Chamillionaire was impressed by his rapping ability.
>>
DEVO said that "Dare to be Stupid" was the best DEVO song ever written.
>>
michael jackson was alright with "eat it" the parody of beat it but didn't want him to do one of "black or white" because he felt strongly about the message
>>
>>61461108
"Eat It" unplugged is GOAT
>>
>>61461074
I love weird al but damn if this dude doesn't have the grossest hair ever
>>
>>61461074
Not only has Prince repeatedly outright refused Al to parody him in any way, his lawyers sent Al a note saying he was not allowed to make eye contact with Prince at the American Music Awards
>>
how did sparks react if at all
>>
>>61461964

Fat, also.
>>
>>61462158
> The land of the free
>>
>>61462158
you weren't joking
>>
>>61462158
>he was not allowed to make eye contact with Prince at the American Music Awards
I wonder if all those stories about Prince are bullshit or if the guy is actually insane
>>
File: instal.png (930 KB, 926x616) Image search: [Google]
instal.png
930 KB, 926x616
>>61462186
>>
>>61461074
coolio has no right to get upset about weird al parodying a song that in itself is a parody of a stevie wonder song
>>
>>61462264
cool guys desu
>>
File: weird al sparks.png (608 KB, 592x593) Image search: [Google]
weird al sparks.png
608 KB, 592x593
>>61462264
>>
>>61462262
Have you seen Purple Rain? He's insane.
>>
>>61462296
Why does Weird Al make this face in every picture of him like he know's he's not supposed to be there
>>
>>61462296
talking of Sparks, what the fuck was the Franz Ferdinand business about? one of the weirdest team-ups I've ever heard of in music
>>
>>61462297
yea prince is out of his fucking mind. still the man tho
>>
>>61462262
dude's a massive prick

my goal as a musician is to have weird al parody my songs.
>>
>>61462316
i listened to one song for 10 seconds and turned it off cba with it
>>
>>61462321
oh for sure
>>
>>61462316
>>61462186
>>61462282
>>61462296
HEART BEAT, INCREASING HEART BEAT
>>
>>61462297
Did you know that he is a raging homophobe? How ironic is that?
>>
>>61462348
i like Franz Ferdinand and Sparks, but this collab was... something
>>
>>61462518
its not ironic at all. he is the horniest guy ever
>>
>>61462556
COLLABORATIONS DON'T WORK
THEY DON'T WORK THEY DON'T WORK
>>
Eminem was indifferent about the lose yourself parody, but didn't want a music video
>>
>>61462233
This
>>
I read that Flea from RHCP didn't like his parody of Under the Bridge which was something about the Flintstones, but thought he was a great guy
>>
All About The Pentiums is good shit.
>>
>>61462316
I fucking loved it, maybe my favorite album of 2015
>>
I saw him live a few months ago and he was way better than I expected. So many fucking nerds there though. I didn't know there was such a wide variety of Star Wars Hawaiian shirts.
>>
>>61462262
Prince kicked Sinead O'Connor's ass back in the day.
I hate both of them as persons, so it's okay that they cause pain to each other.
>>
>>61462158
It shows a sense of class on Al's part that he never does anyway. Legally he could cover whatever he wanted but he doesn't.

I really enjoyed his Lady Gaga parody too.
>>
>>61463395
Yup, and Weird Al made fun of him in one of his MTV specials.

I think most musicians are grateful when Al parodies them, he always asks permission (I believe there's a clip of Al asking someone backstage if he can parody them) and he's always respectful (e.g. never makes fun of the musicians). He doesn't even have to ask for permission, but he does.

I'm pretty sure Kurt wrote about Weird Al in his personal diaries too. He was a fan!
>>
>>61462518
He also tried to take down videos of his cover of Creep citing copyright infringement.
>>
>>61464771
This is the MTV special, yaknowwahimsayin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QOya9-lwQk
>>
>>61464808
He played that clip at one of his concerts
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.