[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was 2015 the most boring year in music? I mean all the great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: best-albums.jpg (176 KB, 633x356) Image search: [Google]
best-albums.jpg
176 KB, 633x356
Was 2015 the most boring year in music?

I mean all the great names and all the albums that made into the "best-lists" are boring as fuck.

>Kendrick
It's a politically important album which lacks innovation or lyrical depth musically. Boring beats, boring tracks.
>Grimes
The same shit again. Nothing innovative or new.
>Surfjan
Every depressing album ever
>Jamie xx
>Julia Holter
>Drake
>Oneohtrix Point Never

They all did the same predictable fucking thing they did over and over again. There were no outstanding album in 2015 everything is just a boring grey mass.
I really want to be proven wrong.
>>
>>61460369

Maybe you should stop getting all your music because it's popular. 2015 was about on the same level as 2014 for me. Some highlights nothing too exiting.
>>
maybe listen to more than the pitchfork top 100 and you would find something worthwhile, fucking tard
>>
The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die - Harmlessness.

Listen to it, now.
>>
>>61460412
>>61460446

So what was outstanding to you in 2015?
>>
>>61460513

>positive

Jonghyun - BASE (thanks anon)
Björk - Vulnicura
Rudresh Mahanthappa - Bird Calls
Alva Noto - Xerrox Vol.3
Daniel Bachman - River
Jim O'Rourke - Simple Songs
Mouse on the Keys - The Flowers of Romance
Romano - Jenseits von Köpenick

also some classical releases

>negative

of Montreal - Aureate Gloom
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
Kamasi Washington - The Epic
Major Lazer - Peace Is the Mission
Giorgio Moroder - Déjà-vu
The Weeknd - Beauty Behind the Madness
>>
>>61460513
Not them but for me it was probably Prurient Frozen Niagara Falls, lightning bolt, dope body or loma prietas new album
>>61460500
No that album was shit
>>
>>61460369
I feel sorry for you. 2015 had a lot of great albums across the board, but it's your opinion.

Hope 2016 is better for you.
>>
>>61460513
2015 was year of bleeps
>>
>>61460500
It's the same indie crap again with edgy lyrics.
>>
>>61460609
Again, I can be and I want to be proven wrong. I didn't have much time this year to follow music so I just browsed and listened through a lot of best list in the previous weeks. I didn't really browse this board either, again lack of time.
What was great for you?
>>
>>61460607
Also elders and the baroness's new albums
>>
>>61460653
My top 10 was:
10. Injury Reserve - Live from the Dentist's Office
9. Bjork - Vulnicura
8. Lianne La Havas - Blood
7. Kamasi Washington - The Epic
6. SOPHIE - Product
5. Julia Holter - Have You in My Wilderness
4. Travis Scott - Rodeo
3. Death Grips - The Powers that b
2. Clarence Clarity - No Now
1. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly

Destroyer, Jamie xx, Neon Indian, Grimes, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Algiers, Alabama Shakes, Oneohtrix Point Never, Tame Impala, and Czarface had solid albums this year as well. Personally wasn't crazy for them, but still good albums.
>>
>>61460727
holy fuck, kill yourself
>>
OP's problem is that he doesn't seem to realize that quality and execution are both more important than originality.

2015 was a solid year. Far from the best of the decade, but still solid regardless.
>>
File: lotic-agitations.jpg (25 KB, 448x448) Image search: [Google]
lotic-agitations.jpg
25 KB, 448x448
>>61460653
>>
>>61460753
Post your top 10 then. I'd love to see it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.