[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /mu/ I have zero experience with recording and mixing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
Hello /mu/
I have zero experience with recording and mixing.
I'm looking for a PC software that's easy to use that allows me to loop a beat and add mic recordings of voice/guitar.
Optimal solution would be if it recorded one loop, then at the end as it begins anew it'd make a new recording for each loop, so that I can keep or discard/mute any of my attempts as I please.
I think it would be a good way for me to discover some interesting phrases and harmonies (since I mostly play single notes when improvising).

Any software suggestion is greatly appretiated. Huge plus if you provide some sort of tutorial as well.
>>
Bump
>>
ableton live lite might be your solution
>>
>>61460560
Thanks a bunch, man! I'll check it out.
>>
>>61460560
>>61460605
Too complicated for a first time user.
I'd recommend FL Studio.

Legally you can download a fully functional trial that only doesn't let you save project files but works in every other way.
>>
>>61460634
Sounds a bit daunting, seeing as I tried FL out a few years ago and I got so overwhelmed by the UI and all the oddly named features I soon lost interest... :(
Any chance you know of any FL tutorials that would show me what I need to know for my task?
>>
>>61460691
Quit now. Music takes dedication and passion. There are enough lazy cunts like you, shitting samples all over the place. Try badminton instead.
>>
>>61460691
I'd try YouTube.
There's always tutorials.

FL isn't that hard.
It's pretty WYSIWYG.
>>
>>61460751
Well, I've played guitar and bass every day for about 4 years now, plus some rookie years in my adolescence. It's the technical of recording and playing around in a software that I find daunting.
Your post was of no help what so ever, please fudge off.
>>
>>61460780
It's just with all the studio lingo it's quite hard for a rookie to know what to search for... But I guess FL+looping ought to yield some results.
Although I must say Ableton Lite looks a lot more user friendly, might take that one up instead.
Thanks for your replies, except that arrogant prick.
>>
>>61460856
As someone who uses both, I'd say Ableton is not even close in terms of user friendliness.

Also you're welcome.
>>
>>61460803
How many bands have you played in?
>>
>>61461008
What are you, 13 years old? Why am I suddenly having to prove myself to a random arrogant cunt looking to start beefs with strangers on the internet?
I'm off to try and evolve in terms of getting my ideas down (don't read or write music). Have fun finding someone else to compare penis length with! :)
>>
>>61461131
So I take it, the answer is 0?

How many completed songs have you written?
>>
>>61461153
Well, I was in a band when I was about your age (13-14). But we were so inexperienced we were barely in tune. It was fun though. When we stopped playing together after about a year we all found different hobbies. Obviously not enough ambition then.
At around 21 I fell into a deep drepression that lasted for about 1½ years and the only thing that didn't take an ungodly amount of effort was picking up and plucking on the guitar, and so I started learning again.
If you read my last post, I haven't written any songs because I don't know how. I'm about to begin learning recording them instead. As for my playing skills I can now improvise over just about any sort of music be it jazz, funk or whatever. Most of the time I don't even have to look at what I'm doing. That's how in tune I am with my instrument, what about you?
>>
>>61461258
Forgot to mention that I now feel I am at a level where I'd make a good contribution in a band, and I am currently looking for one.
>>
>>61460086
Try a tracker like MilkyTracker or Renoise.
>>
File: european starling.jpg (31 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
european starling.jpg
31 KB, 320x480
>>61461366
This looks very promising! Thanks a lot, man!
>>
>>61461258
>Well, I was in a band when I was about your age (13-14).
>I've only been playing for 4 years
Underage.
>>
>>61461547
Please read the whole post, you embarrasing twat...
21+4 makes what? I hope your studio skills are better than your math. But I get a sense that you are all bark and no bite, good day.
>>
>>61461577
Even so, 14+4 makes what? Your trolling is as bad as your math.
>>
Wow, op is whinning little bitch, not really supprised
>>
>>61461678
You mispelled "winning", son. But I forgive you. Now go on, go outside and play with your friends. Haha, who am I kidding, we both know you don't have any. I'm off for real this time, trying to learn Renoise!
Toodles!
>>
is op jbenitex??
>>
>>61461769
>I've only played guitar for 4 years
>never played with another soul
>never wrote any material
And you think you are ready to record?

Better hone your skills first OP
>>
>>61462161
Jesus christ you are pathetic. When did I say I haven't played with another soul? I've played with lots of people, but I've only been in one "band". We did write our own material, but it was god-awful.
Please re-read all of my posts, begin with OP. I'm just looking to try out ideas, something that would be a lot easier if I was in a band. "Hey man, try this while I do this".
And believe me, my skills are honed, holmes. I think I play with more soul than you'll ever do. There's always room for improvement of course, and now I know in what direction to go in order to grow even more.
Also, please stop misquoting my posts in order to get your "point" across, although you don't seem to have one.
Truly pathetic. Seriously.
>>
>>61460634
/thread
FL Studio is amazing
>>
>>61460086
Also voting for Live Ableton. That a program has a thousand functionalities doesn't mean you need to know all of them to start using it. There are a lot of tutorial videos on internet. Take the shot.
>>
>>61462573
Cheers man!
So far Ableton and FL are tied at 2-2, but I think Ableton looks a bit more enticing for some reason.
Looked through Renoise but I get the sense you can't actually record via microphone (I may be wrong) but rather just build the tones in a sequence. I'd actually like to experiment via playing/singing and not programming.
>>
>>61462327
I thought you were leaving this thread? Twice?
>>
>>61462771
I did, but I returned when I realized Renoise wasn't what I was after. Anything else?
Why so hostile?
>>
>>61462794
Quote me where I was hostile
>>
>>61462812
I can only assume this is you:
>>61460751

Also, sociopath much? If you've got nothing to add to the topic, please find someone else to terrorize.

To the rest of you guys, thank you very much for your input. I'm looking through beginner's videos for Ableton right now.
>>
File: Yikes.jpg (21 KB, 799x189) Image search: [Google]
Yikes.jpg
21 KB, 799x189
>>61462902
Try again?
>>
>>61462967
Still not very relevant to the topic though.
But I've found what I was after even without your help.

/thread
>>
>>61463047
Sorry you didn't seem to tell me where I was being hostile.

Try again?
>>
>>61463152
Pathetic... :) Is this what your day consists of?
Better get used to the term "sociopath" if you haven't already. You are going to hear it a lot in your life, little man.
>>
>>61462967
Forgot to mention that you don't even need mad Photoshop skills to add a solid color over text, you could even do it in MS Paint. I still get the feeling you are the same guy as I quoted.

At least you act the same way.
Like a child.
That's all.
>>
>>61463283
>Better get used to the term "sociopath
Quote me where I was acting like a sociopath
>>
File: 35312.jpg (53 KB, 668x666) Image search: [Google]
35312.jpg
53 KB, 668x666
>>61461641
You're really bad at this
>>
>>61460086
Man all these shitty suggestions, while all you're looking for is support for different takes in audio clips.
Reaper has it, I think, so should Cubase.
>>
>>61464444
Cheers man, although I actually managed to find something myself via http://www.krispenhartung.com/software-looping.htm

Mobius seems just simple enough to jump straight into without any previous technical knowledge. According to the top comments in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxbzSSHwvYM
it just seems to be a little tricky setting up but the interface seems just as simple as I'd hoped.

When I looked through Ableton videos I pretty much didn't know the meaning of every other term the narrator spew out and I reckon it would be the same with Cubase.

But thanks for the suggestions.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.