[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you say you appreciate and understand music if you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: MN0149766.gif (40 KB, 465x620) Image search: [Google]
MN0149766.gif
40 KB, 465x620
How can you say you appreciate and understand music if you don't know anything about it on a non-sensual level?

>i dunno but sonds gud innit?
>>
Your music education wasn’t worth it dude, sorry.
>>
>>61453647
Pretty much this
If you use your education to make fun of strangers on the internet, you failed in every level
>>
I have to think about everything else in life why can't I just enjoy something without having to do too much work
>>
>>61453647
>>61453684
>ignores the question to make a personal attack
I'm not even formally educated in music because you don't need a degree, you can learn it on your own, that's how little an effort you've made to understand something ostensibly so important to you.
>>
>>61453750
The point is still valid
You got yourself education so you could belittle others?
You have much to learn yet
>>
>>61453789
Not belittling or making fun. I ask only for pragmatic reasons.
>>
>>61453797
>>i dunno but sonds gud innit?
Child
>>
>>61453817
You can't give a better response than the example one I provided then?

>Child
oh no don't hack me :(
>>
>>61453797
It’s art, it’s taken in and interpreted sensually. Understanding it beyond your emotional response to it is only relevant when creating it. The listener isn’t expected to do anything more than listen and respond emotionally.
>>
>>61453844
fuck off to pol you manchild
>>
>>61453844
What do you want, worm? Your question is stupid, and you'd know that if you actually understood art
You don't
You are a moron
>>
>>61453856
Appreciation of art is inherently linked to recognizing technical skill. Great painters aren't great just because what they paint "looks good".
>>
>>61453925
Could you tell me what you enjoy about your favorite album beyond "I liked that part it sounds good to me :)"?
>>
>>61453966
What part of ''This question makes no sense" you can't understand?
What do you want explained that I like from my music? Why do you think people have to justify their tastes to you? Or to anyone?
You clearly don't understand and don't respect art
>>
>>61453927
“Greatness” is a capitalist cultural construct and is not relevant to enjoyment of art.
>>
>>61454021
The question is clear. I think you're incapable of justifying your tastes even to yourself beyond
>i dunno but sonds gud innit?

>You clearly don't understand and don't respect art
ironic
>>
File: 1451610792685.jpg (53 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1451610792685.jpg
53 KB, 600x400
>>61453927
>>61454076
>>
>>61454076
>I think you're incapable of justifying your tastes even to yourself beyond
And why do you think I should be able to?
People don't have to explain why they like something, that's basic understatement of art
You don't get this part because you are stupid, plan and simple
>>61453927
>Appreciation of art is inherently linked to recognizing technical skill
Haha
I bet you like those modern artists who paint Coke cans too
You are so lame
>>
>>61453625

ok there have been lots of successful musicians who make music accepted on mu as great that have zero technical training
pretty irrelevant if you ask me.
apprecieating music as a listener is different
you can certainly appreciate some of it on a deeper level if you understand the composition that went into it
but like, it might not be very technically amazing and can still be seen as "good" so idk
>>
>>61454166
>And why do you think I should be able to?
Because it's a basic necessity for understanding art. You can't even communicate why something is good? Not even to yourself? This is ignorance.

>I bet you like those modern artists who paint Coke cans too
that would be an example of something with low technical skill, likely enjoyed by someone with low technical understanding
>>
>>61453625
I was formally trained in music, but I can't say if that gives me any authority in terms of taste. Perhaps it can help me justify and substantiate my enjoyment of music, but it doesn't really alter my tastes in any dramatic fashion
>>
>>61454246
Oh so you think the whole point of art is being 'good'? Being liked?
That's so shallow, OP
Shame on you
>that would be an example of something with low technical skill
You don't even know what style I'm talking about
You're a joke
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.