[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More bands like Ladytron?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: rectangle.jpg (98 KB, 646x422) Image search: [Google]
rectangle.jpg
98 KB, 646x422
More bands like Ladytron?
>>
>>61445042
I've been down this road, anon, and it is a sad one. There aren't any bands like Ladytron. The closest you'll ever get is:

Chromatics
Thermostatic
La Roux
Goldfrapp
Royksopp

And that's it. Just keep listening to Ladytron's discography because it never gets old. There's nothing else you can do.
>>
>>61445482
I like these bands that you recommended. Thanks anyway.

>Just keep listening to Ladytron's discography because it never gets old.
You're right, it never gets old.
>>
I hate lady tron
>>
>>61446267
Any good reason to hate this fantastic band?
>>
>>61446448
Sounding like The Human League in 2006 is pretty lame
>>
>>61445042
The Raveonettes (just listen to Lust Lust Lust)
The chromatics

thats it senpai

thanks for bring to my attention there are no good female eletronic bands aside from ladytron.
>>
>>61446487
This doesn't sound like The Human League: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvK_AY5gfeY At all. Maybe you should listen to their music first before making lame comparisons.
>>
>>61446557
I have a couple of The Raveonettes albums, but not that one. thx.
>>
File: Velocifero-Ladytron_480.jpg (189 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Velocifero-Ladytron_480.jpg
189 KB, 480x480
>>61445042
Well since we're on the topic.
Which Ladytron album is your favorite.

Velocifero is my pick.
Felt like a really cohesive album with no filler.
>>
>>61446487
>implying
>>
>>61446729
>doesn't sound like Human League

Are you drunk or something? God they're lame. Is'nt there some other venue you two can go talk about this terrible band? We really are trying to keep the threads quality here.
>>
>>61446980
You being a jackass, you really try to dismiss a great band. Your arguments so far are as valuable as the trash from my bin.

>Are you drunk or something?
No. If that song High Rise sounds to you like The Human League, you must be REALLY drunk or dumb. Pick one.
>>
>>61445042
what's their best album?
>>
File: 1412438052_20051.jpg (755 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
1412438052_20051.jpg
755 KB, 1425x1425
>>61447470
Probably Witching Hour. Damn, this album is perfection. 604 is also pretty close.
>>
where can i get a gf like helen marnie
>>
>>61447842
At any gypsy homeless camp
>>
>>61447914
Don't be a numskull, she's Scottish
>>
>>61447956
what's the difference
>>
>>61447976
You implied that she's a gypsy. She's not. That's the difference.
>>
>>61447995
>implying you're talking to the same anon
>>
For once, a shitty trend in electronic music that died
>>
>>61448056
What trend?
>>
>>61448056
Yet, there are two assholes who have to remind us about it three times a day for the last three months.
>>
>>61448168
Yet there's an asshole that has nothing better to do that complain instead minding his own shitty business. Meanwhile, there are 3 more Death Grips threads opened in the last 6 hours...

If there should be a quota of threads about bands then look first at the countless threads about the same fucking bands over and over.

>three times a day
Where the fuck did you see three threads about this band per day? Are you sure it was on these boards? I'm looking on the archive and I can barely see 2 threads per week. Stop saying bullshit, ffs.
>>
>>61446557
>thanks for bring to my attention there are no good female eletronic bands aside from ladytron.
There are some great female fronted electronic bands (The Knife, Crystal Castles, Yazoo, Goldfrapp, La Roux, etc), but on the same level as Ladytron? No way. It's no wonder that Brian Eno and Trent Reznor are fans of them.
>>
Can you please stop spamming this mediocre pop band OP
>>
File: 604.jpg (31 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
604.jpg
31 KB, 300x295
>>61446903
Either 604 or Light & Magic would be my pick.

Band is a treasure trove of sultry and memorable songs. They don't have a 10/10 album (yet) but I find myself returning to their stuff again and again.

Good thread t*b*h.
>>
>>61448879
Wake me up when Ladytron makes anything as remotely good or interesting as Shaking the Habitual.

Ladytron aren't terrible, but they aren't particularly remarkable either.
>>
>>61448879
>>61449091

The samefaggery is atrocious
>>
>>61449117
>Wake me up when Ladytron makes anything as remotely good or interesting as Kin.
>>
>>61448904
LOL. First of all, they're not mediocre. You're too pleb to get into their music. Secondly: that is not spam. They are an established band formed when you weren't even born.

And no, I will not stop posting about them. In fact I will post about them even more.
>>
File: img.png (39 KB, 477x271) Image search: [Google]
img.png
39 KB, 477x271
>>61449123
pwned
>>
>>61449163
So.... 4 times a day then?
>>
>>61449184
What?
>>
>>61449123
Nah, it's just the same couple of guys that like talking about Ladytron for the last couple of months.
>>
>>61445042
early Grimes
HAIM
t.A.T.u

I'll even throw in The Bangles and Bananarama even though they're a little different in style from Ladytron.
>>
>>61449117
>>61449155
You know something? I've heard both albums, Shaking the Habitual & Kin. STH is a terrible album, far from Silent Shout's quality level. They basically The Knife taking the piss out of their fans. They even dared to include a 20 minutes juggernaut of nothing in the middle. Artsy fartsy bollocks in great need of editing.

Kin is a pleasant, samey and nice album, but that's all. iamwho... simply aren't as great songwriters and producers as Ladytron. I can barely remember few of their songs, while Ladytron have TONS of catchy and memorable songs. TONS.
>>
File: 1449988016322.jpg (38 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1449988016322.jpg
38 KB, 450x450
is this the same op that got all spergy when someone talked shit about ladytron in the waifu thread
>>
>>61449242
>>61449195
There are 14 unique posters on the thread. Leaving aside the trolls, there are still /mu/tants genuinely interested in their music (most of them didn't see this thread yet). If nobody will give a damn about them, I will stop posting them. Simple as that.

I'm sick of seeing the same artists discussed over and over and over again. Seriously how many Kanye threads are necessary?

For once, listen to some quality Brian Eno approved electronic music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sWVLTNWdFg
>>
Top 5 favorite Ladytron songs go

>Versus
>Evil
>Playgirl
>International Dateline
>Predict The Day
>>
>>61449327
Oh you poor triggered idiot. I feel so sorry for you. I truly do
>>
>>61449499
You're talking bullshit, sperglord.

>>61449556
Go fuck yourself cretin.
>>
>>61449544
>Blue Jeans
>The Way That I Found You
>Deep Blue
>I'm Not Scared
>Beauty*2
>>
>>61449091
Witching Hour may be their 10/10 album
>>
>>61449327
Shaking The Habitual is far better than Silent Shout (But even then, Silent Shout destroys everything Ladytron has made so, you know)

Having a 20 minute juggernaut of nothing (Even though it's not, for a sustained ambient piece, it's very dynamic) is better than having an entire album's worth of it.

And this "artsy-fartsy bollocks" is exactly why the Shaking the Habitual is better than anything Ladytron has made. Ladytron, M83 and other electropop bands may have some catchy, albeit superficial songs, but Shaking the Habitual (and to a lesser extent, Silent Shout) took the template these bands were based on and actually made it interesting. Dissonance, dynamic ambient pieces, use of unorthodox, weird, yet catchy beats and rhythms, harsh, manipulated vocals. Ladytron has none of these, and if they do, they don't use them to the extent nor effectiveness The Knife does.
>>
>>61449712
>Shaking The Habitual is far better than Silent Shout (But even then, Silent Shout destroys everything Ladytron has made so, you know)
Seriously? Let's agree to disagree. The Knife is the kind of band that make few extraordinary songs (like Heartbeats) and some crap (like Hangin' Out). Even Silent Shout has filler (Na Na Na for example). I like The Knife tho, despite these flaws.

>Having a 20 minute juggernaut of nothing (Even though it's not, for a sustained ambient piece, it's very dynamic) is better than having an entire album's worth of it.
It's a very boring track. It's interesting only on paper.

>And this "artsy-fartsy bollocks" is exactly why the Shaking the Habitual is better than anything Ladytron has made.
LOL. No.

>Ladytron, M83 and other electropop bands may have some catchy, albeit superficial songs, but Shaking the Habitual (and to a lesser extent, Silent Shout) took the template these bands were based on and actually made it interesting. Dissonance, dynamic ambient pieces, use of unorthodox, weird, yet catchy beats and rhythms, harsh, manipulated vocals. Ladytron has none of these, and if they do, they don't use them to the extent nor effectiveness The Knife does.
If you think that Ladytron means only catchy songs you're wrong. And since when having "harsh, manipulated vocals" is an extraordinary thing? Anyone can do that. If by "dynamic ambient pieces," you mean overlong boring pieces, no thanks.

Just face it: STH is an overrated piece of crap. Add also the stupid lyrics plus feminist manifestos. Add also the unbearable cover. STH is the definition of pretentious. It's an album made especially for snobs.

Ladytron have a full understanding of electropop, 60s pop, dreampop, post-punk, krautrock, industrial rock. They mixed expertly these genres in their music. They're not as weird as The Knife, but much more consistent and actually likeable. They are masters of synthesizers.
>>
>>61445042
Ok I'm listening to witching hour and so far I'm really unimpressed. What am I meant to be on the lookout for?
>>
>>61449585
Wow, you sure are a raging faggot :)
>>
>>61450055
the skip button
>>
>>61450055
Nothing. They are an incredibly meh derivative band who's music is done far, far better by a myriad of other artists.
>>
>>61449327
bounty is much better than kin imo
>>
>>61450006
I see your point but I think Silent Shout has no fillers, it's just perfect. little songs like Na Na Na are there to counterbalance big pieces like Marble House or Silent Shout, Like a Pen etc. STH is like an exaggerated, more experimental SS
>>
>>61450605
Kin>Bounty>Blue

However they're all better than anything Ladytron had ever done.
>>
>>61450006
>And since when having "harsh, manipulated vocals" is an extraordinary thing? Anyone can do that.

Anyone can use harsh, manipulated vocals, but STH uses them well and sparsely.

>If you think that Ladytron means only catchy songs you're wrong

Are you going to explain why I'm wrong? All I heard from them is catchy songs with maybe a mild (And I stress mild here) sense of experimentation. and unless you give me convincing examples I'm going to stick to my word. For the sake of time I've already listened to Witching Hour and 604 in their entirety. Anything you show me in those album will be nothing new.

>If by "dynamic ambient pieces," you mean overlong boring pieces, no thanks

Even if you don't like ODWTBR or Fracking Fluid Injection there are still a bunch of good pop songs short and long not even that far off from the electropop they did in the past.

>Add also the stupid lyrics plus feminist manifestos

Hmm? They largely talk about wealth inequality. I don't know where you're getting feminism but even they did, why is that inherently a bad thing? The lyrics of Shaking the Habitual are no worse than Ladytron's.

> Add also the unbearable cover

Irrelevant. I think half the albums covers of Ladytron are hideous yet you didn't hear me make a comment about them.

>STH is the definition of pretentious. It's an album made especially for snobs

Pretentious isn't inherently bad. Many great bands were and are pretentious. That doesn't invalidate their music

>Ladytron have a full understanding of electropop, 60s pop, dreampop, post-punk, krautrock, industrial rock. They mixed expertly these genres in their music.

It would be generous to say that half of these are a huge stretch, but I'll assume you're right for the sake of argument. Even if they do supposedly combine all these genres, the music is simply dominated by this uninteresting pop sound, diluting all these influences
>>
>>61450006
>hey're not as weird as The Knife, but much more consistent and actually likeable

The Knife aren't consistent, but they are cohesive. They manage to include a variety of styles and genres while also having a distinct sound. Ladytron are consistent with their sound, but that sound isn't particularly engaging nor dynamic. Which in a way, I think is worse than just splattering what comes to mind on a wall. One's results are at least interesting to study.
>>
Are Ladytron threads a great meme?
>>
>>61451060
I guess, since MCR doesn't get shitposted every 5 minutes. In a way MCR was better, at least they didn't get as pissy whenever anyone said anything bad about their precious band.
>>
>>61446980
asshole
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.