[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
King Kendrick. Name a flaw >inb4 nigger >inb4 he's a rapper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2
King Kendrick. Name a flaw
>inb4 nigger
>inb4 he's a rapper
>>
>>61444060
hes popular
>>
>>61444081
What's wrong with that?
>>
Lil manlet got a mean flow and he works for everything. Well desereved Tbh fampai
>>
>>61444144
What a waste of perfectly good dubs.
>>
no disrespect quan no disrespect
>>
Boring voice. He always sounds like he's being forced to rap, when he'd rather be building a chair or something.
>>
>>61444246
His voice changes in most songs and in some songs there's so much passion its almost as if he'll cry
>>
>>61444060
He's corny with a terrible beat selection and an obnoxious robotic flow.
>>
>>61444301
>>
File: fred-durst.jpg (26 KB, 385x329) Image search: [Google]
fred-durst.jpg
26 KB, 385x329
>>61444295
>there's so much passion its almost as if he'll cry
just like fred durst
>>
>>61444301
this
>>
>>61444301
Corny how? His beats match the flow and tone/meaning of every song its so methodical its not even funny how he selects his beats
>>
>>61444295
If he cries in any song it's only because he's sad that he's not building that chair.
>>
>>61444351
Either way you can't deny he raps with a purpose its bigger than just music
>>
t. Kendrick Lamar
>>
bad voice
>>
>>61444385
You sounds like a fucking Tool fan.
>>
>>61444483
Ask any real rap fan they will tell you the same thing better yet research him a little bit
>>
>>61444534
Are you 8?
>>
>>61444534
When you're listening to Kendrick, just remember that they're not like other rappers. His music is incredibly artistic, almost to the point where you have to be paying complete attention to them to even remotely understand them. I remember listening to a song on To Pimp a Butterfly (though I can't remember what it was), where I thought a song was absolute bollocks during the listen. Then, I closed my eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the song had an entirely new meaning. It was insane the way Kendrick could just become something so different when you take a look into the music.

Another thing you should note about Kendrick is that it's easy to get a headache listening him. Not because he's a bad rapper, but because of how many ideas his music is riddled with and how complex they are. Soon enough your head will fill to the brim and the rest will just sound like noise to you. Just turn it off and give it a listen the next day.

If you don't like the music, you'll definitely at least enjoy reading through the lyrics, and picking apart the song itself and all of the artistic values that go into making it the complexity that it is.
>>
>>61444621
It's funny I've been seeing so much about Kendrick on here. I listened to TPAB the day it came out and was completely unimpressed. I heard King Kunta again and thought it was ok. Then I heard These Walls and Alright and thought they were great singles, but I still hated to album.

This is the first listen through where I can sit down and appreciate it. I'm flipping through the lyrics on Genius too.
>>
>>61444621
This fucking this
>>
>>61444685
It's a copypasta from GameFAQs about Tool m8
>>
i liked him until he released TPAB, dont want that tryhard black supremacy type bullshit its just awkward to listen to. i hope he goes back to his good kid mad city style then i may fuck with his stuff again
>>
Why the fuck did he steal the best shot from The Dark Knight? What a fag.
https://youtu.be/51u-3vWeunY
>>
>>61444301
>I only listened to one Kendrick song ever and it was swimming pools
>>
>>61446473
See kids, this is how mentally retarded you get when you go on 4chan for too long.
>>
>>61446679
Not even that guy but you did sound like an autist.
You took the /pol/tard memes seriously.
>>
>>61446679
>literally "if we stop acting like niggers maybe we will stop being prejudiced against: the album"
>A BLACK PERSON MADE A PRO-BLACK ALBUM??? IT'S BLACK SUPREMACY

you're the people the dadaists talked about when they said the world doesn't deserve art
>>
>>61446736
i dont even browse /pol/
you must suffer from white guilt though.
i dont want to listen to black power shit. how does that make me an autist?
and the whole jazz influence just emphasises how tryhard it is.
even if it wasnt tryhard, the whole album is just hectic and all over the place with no replay value.

>>61446546
its clearly a reference to that scene you tuss
>>
>>61444060
he harrasses white people at their wedding receptions
>>
this dick ain't free
you lookin at it like its a receipt not 40 ounce and a pack mule hell fucking naw
>>
>>61446786
>I'm not black so I can't enjoy an album that delas in black issues despite of infinite many other musical and lyrical/conceptual qualities from it, even though everybody knows it's way more of a personal album than a political/racial one
>the jazz thing is tryhard as fuck, doesn't even obviously represent the street-party culture going on with compton's black neighborhoods, it's just appealing to blacks, I know it is /mu/ told me
>I'm totally not an autist
>>
>>61446679

once again, here comes the /pol/
>>
Severely lacking in subtlety. Take the Tupac interview for example. Jesus christ, how contrived.
>>
>>61444060
he's a rapper
>>
>>61446546
>>61446786
>dark knight invented hanging out car windows
You are all so fucking retarded
>>
You can't name a rapper better than him though
>>
>>61444621
>kendrick lamar
>any album of his
>incredibly artistic
gtfo this nigga has the artistic sensibilities of 99% of the freshman liberal arts students of the past 10 years. the only reason you're saying this is because rap music isn't very artistic/complex to begin with, so you have little comparison. but compare TPAB to other types of music and it can't stack up.
>>
>>61446473
"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to 'order' than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says 'I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;' who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a 'more convenient season.'"

- Martin Luther King
>>
>>61446949
it's clearly a ripoff you dickrider
>>
>>61447103
"fuck you, bitch nigga"
- Ghandi
>>
>>61447081
desu it puzzles me when people cite Kendrick as being this supreme creative. He's really not. Someone like Kanye is creative, Kendrick's banal
>>
>>61447115
First, you pop-culture obsessed 9gagger: A reference, or a homage is not a ripoff

Second: This kind of scene was being made much before that movie. If you get out your house once ever ten years you realize drunk faggots (as he is supposed to be in some kind of ecstasy on the video) do that shit for real.
>>
>>61447201
either way, he was clearly "referencing" the dark knight. it's almost the exact same shot, using similar scenery, with similar facial expressions. the dark knight was a fucking huge movie, it's clear that kendrick saw the movie and used that scene to make this one. you have to be the dickrider overlord to assume kendrick came up with this shit himself
>>
he's doing absolutely nothing to push music or challenge listeners. his beats are redundant and his flow is the equivalent of j cole, he's just not rapping about losing his virginity. he's shit and you're a turbonerd if you appreciate his music and think it's revolutionary. king kunta sounds like the seinfeld them ffs.
>>
>>61447359
>overlord
It's not like it requires much creativity to come up with that shot either way bruv
>>
>>61444060
He'll never collaborate with Gil Scott-Heron
>>
>>61447453
either admit that he took the inspiration from the dark knight, or admit that you want kendrick's dick in your mouth
>>
>he's doing nothing to challenge his listeners
Actually made me laugh
Most of his shit goes over the average listeners head
>>
Why does it matter if the dark knight inspired him for a 15 second bit in a music video
>>
>>61447492
>I freed you from being a slave in your mind, you're very welcome
Such nuance just flies over the head of plebs amirite?
>>
>>61447479
>I 100% know why Kendrick did this scene this way, you don't
>you like sucking penises
>>
>>61447519
it doesn't. but being ignorant of the obvious, that kendrick took the scene from TDK, is retarded
>>
>>61447548
those are indeed the two options i gave you
>>
The man made rap competitive again with one verse
>>
>>61447519
Kendrick probably has minimal imput on his vids anyway. He doesn't strike me as the visually creative type
>>
>>61447580
>you are retarded
>I know I am
>>
>>61447585
I bet he has a lot to do with it he's very methodical with every aspect of his projects
>>
>>61447611
Probably has a say in the metaphors and concept, but not in the aesthetic or look.
>>
>>61447582
not really. considering kendrick has been relocated to conscious hip-hop and lost all his competitive edge. rappers still don;t care about lyrical ability in the mainstream
>>
>>61447598
you done yet?
>>
>>61447695
>insists on the same retarded thing
>asks why others are still answering
>>
>>61447729
you done yet?
>>
>>61447666
If Kendrick wanted to he would eat any rapper alive he just doesn't care about Radio play or hits, but he's shown he can beat most mainstream rappers at being mainstream with his verses on control, fucking problem, backseat freestyle etc
>>
>>61447359
>similar facial expressions
>eye-turning drunk
>proud psychopath
>same face
>>
>>61444621
This is some delicious pasta. Thnx m8
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.