[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey lads, gunna be tripping on acid tonight. Last night I sat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
File: music has the right to children.jpg (122 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
music has the right to children.jpg
122 KB, 600x600
Hey lads, gunna be tripping on acid tonight. Last night I sat for my friend who listened to ITCOTCK and he came buckets throughout basically the whole album. Basically, I want to have a similar experience and I was hoping to get some recs. I would prefer suggestions to be more electronic focused. I was thinking about listening to some BoC, and also probably some Boris. Any albums in particular that you have had transcendental experiences with while on acid?
>inb4 DUDE
>>
File: 1451311401812.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451311401812.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>61442015
>he came buckets throughout basically the whole album
>>
Try listening to SAW vol.2 or Drukqs by Aphex Twin
>>
>>61442015
I used to listen to MHTRTC on shrooms quite a lot and it was always great. The surreal and slightly dark undertones make for an interesting experience.
>>
File: index.jpg (15 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
15 KB, 224x224
Have a nice trip
>>
>>61442313
Alright, thank you! That was kinda the experience I was hoping for.
>>
>>61442370
Oh good idea, thanks! I've listened to cosmogramma, and I loved it. How is this album different?
>>
>>61442056
heck off
>>
File: 1451131143587.png (1 MB, 1200x1120) Image search: [Google]
1451131143587.png
1 MB, 1200x1120
tripped acid like 10 times now to every kind of music imaginable. nothing quite compared to blasting some squire on two tabs of 1p-lsd and .3g of pure mandy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGJ0mvYYKCU
>>
DUDE
>>
>>61442891
I'M LAME
>>
>>61442556
Cosmogramma is a lot better than You're Dead. Stay away from You're Dead, overrated as fuck. If you want jazzy electronic stuff listen to Hard Normal Daddy or Bricolage, the former is a bit more accessible.

I've tripped 12 times in the past three months. Best music experience so far has been Garden of Delete by Oneohtrix Point Never on 175 ug of acid + weed. Really some of the most fun I've had while listening to music. Also, I've done 125 ug of acid and had almost no music enhancement at all, so please add weed to the experience if you're dosing low, weed really structures the headspace and visuals for incredible music listening experience. Listen to music in the dark if you can, go outside at night under a tree if it's warm enough.

Boards of Canada has a lot of great tracks for tripping. I'm a much bigger fan of Geogaddi, but if you prefer MHTRTC, go for it. You're going to have the best time listening to music you really enjoy.

My favorite music to listen to while listening is Autechre, but you might not be into them. I recommend their Utrecht liveset https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6cXh21-x54 really interesting take on modern EDM trends. more accessible than their album material.
>>
File: nft.png (402 KB, 399x394) Image search: [Google]
nft.png
402 KB, 399x394
plaid not for threes
>>
>>61443018
>Cosmogramma is a lot better than You're Dead. Stay away from You're Dead, overrated as fuck. If you want jazzy electronic stuff listen to Hard Normal Daddy or Bricolage, the former is a bit more accessible.

everything in this sentence is perfect

also Scaruffi panned You're Dead, one of the reasons I like him as a reviewer
>>
File: shpongle.png (429 KB, 398x395) Image search: [Google]
shpongle.png
429 KB, 398x395
>>61443047
or any shpongle/tipper/ott

some aphex twin too
>>
File: gods.jpg (95 KB, 480x328) Image search: [Google]
gods.jpg
95 KB, 480x328
>>61442015
>"gunna be tripping on acid tonight"
>"I was thinking about listening to some BoC"

Fuck that.
>"I like to think of the music as being the drug. People shouldn't have to take drugs to enjoy music." Mike Sandison, Boards of Canada
>>
>>61443092
>caring what the artist says about their work
>ever
lmao
>>
>>61443116
>"their work"
lmao
>>
File: 1451267353358.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1451267353358.png
74 KB, 300x256
>>61443169
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9SnbhDEmgg

CAN is one of my favorite bands and this album (Tago Mago) really has a way unscrewing your personality when under the influence. and the drumming is absolutely phenomenal
>>
>>61443092
Why would I even listen to BoC on acid if I didn't like them sober? They're one of my all time favorite bands, I love them in all states of consciousness. But that's not to say that drugs can't alter an experience with music, and I think it would be interesting to get a new view of their music through acid.
>>
>>61443018
Alright, that's what I've heard. Not a huge fan of Squarepusher, but I may give it a try.
I've heard weed makes the experience a lot harder, is this true? If I do try weed, I'm assuming that I should do so on the come down.
Yeah, I love both. I just feel that MHTRTC may be better on acid, but who knows.
I love autechre, particularly their earlier more ambient stuff. Good rec, thank you!
>>
>>61443047
great album, particularly prague radio. also cool bjork cover. thanks!
>>
>>61443211
alright, thanks! i gave this a try a while back, didn't make it very far. it was kinda hard to listen to. i really like Neu!- Neu!, so this may be a good step in the right direction
>>
>>61443319
I always smoke later in the trip when there are still some visuals but they're not completely gone yet. I never smoke early in psychedelic trips because, although it makes the visuals more intense, the weed often dulls the distinctive mental effects. Weed will make you paranoid if you are in an unsecure setting, but if you're in a trusted place with trusted people (or by yourself works too), you're good. But yeah, save weed for like 6-7 hours into the trip.
>>
Save the music you want for the strongest music listening experience for when you do smoke weed, since that's when I find music appreciation at the peak in my experience.
>>
>>61443444
will do. nice trips, as well.
>>
>>61443092
It's safe to say that BoC have taken their fair share of psychedelics.
>>
>>61443382
the album prior to Tago Mago (Ege Bamyasi) is slightly more accessible in my opinion. maybe try that one? i only say tago mago because its longer and a bit more psychedelic.

Another thing i really like to do is to listen to world music while tripping. Anything in a language that you dont understand. the words start to melt and you can dig the melodies a lot more. try some afropop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u4NqiP_Oko

try 24:30 in the video before you dismiss it entirely. such a sunny sound. and very disorienting rhythmically.
>>
MPP while peaking nigga
>>
>>61443688
don't like AnCo, but thanks for the suggestion though. nice dubs.
>>
>>61443658
oh yeah, that was pretty good. for that reason I was thinking about listening to some sigur ros
>>
I'd recommend the Grateful Dead. They're not for everyone but there's nothing like it for me, especially on hallucinogens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL-dUZJydcw
>>
>>61443658
In that same vein, I think this would be perfect for tripping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7vZ5yzYboA
>>
why has this not been posted?
>>
>>61443987
OH SHIT thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot about this album!
>>
Tortoise's TNT was great on shrooms. Listen to Glenn Gould perform Bach's Goldberg Variations on acid
>>
File: imgres.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
shigeto - no better time than now
also
not an album but give this a try
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9X5gBfwWO4
and https://www.mixcloud.com/residentadvisor/ra469/

also its not music but consider doing a guided meditation (loads of videos on youtube), being mindful on psychedelics can really intensify the visuals/feeling and create transcendental experiences for sure
>>
The KLF - Chill Out

Listen start to finish, it's fucking amazing when tripping.
>>
>>61445392
seconded
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGjJnzx1yHE
some properly euphoric moments in this
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.