[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
losing interest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 400x395
I don't think this might be that related, but I think I've lost all my love for music
I'm currently listening to Happy Sad by Tim Buckley, it's my first time listening to it, but I'm not that into it (although it seems pleasant). I just want to shut my music player off and listen to silence
this does not only happen with first time listen, it's also recurrent with my favorite albums that I really really love
what's happening to me? should I stop listening to music and make a pause or something?
>>
This happens to everyone. Your interest will come back. Go explore different art forms.
>>
>>61440533

It's called growing up. Congradulations.
>>
It happens, avoid music for a few days/weeks and you'll like it again later
>>
>>61440602
But I actually invest myself in many forms of art. My lust for books never left, same for cinema. I also go to the museum weekly. Music doesn't take a big part in my life, but it was really enjoyable to listen to music until one or two weeks ago
>>
I suffer from depression from time to time, and when I do I notice that listening to music is not the same. When that happens I can't feel any emotional attachment and it simply becomes a boring process. But then it goes away and everything is fine again. This to say that if this is your problem too you should take a break or something like that, but don't quit on music altogether! There's also the possibility of having a burnout because you've listened to too much music. In both cases taking a break is recommended.
>>
>>61440633

This.
>>
this always happens to me, infact what got me into music was being bored of videogames so the next thing might be movies now
>>
>>61440533
ciao sic
>>
You are just feeling burnt out. Do something else for a few days, like watch a movie, read a book, go hiking. When you come back, listen to an old album you like and you will probably feel better.
>>
>>61440771
Same, just in this order; games > movies > music
When will it stop? Maybe we shouldn't focus too much on one thing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.