[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it even possible to study for years at the conservatoire without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Fedora.jpg (32 KB, 466x382) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.jpg
32 KB, 466x382
Is it even possible to study for years at the conservatoire without turning into a pretentious classical/jazz/prog faggot that only cares about "muh technique"?
>>
>>61436765
Honestly, it's funny, but most the people I know who are well educated in "Classical " (I'm not sure what a good broad term for baroque/classical/romantic music is) music and have been learning an instrument from an early age have terrible tastes in contemporary music
>>
>>61437041
>I'm not sure what a good broad term for baroque/classical/romantic music is
classical
>>
>>61437041
Fucking same here pal.
>>
>>61437041
this is tru
>>
>>61437041
THIS

>meet qt 13.4 in music school, she studies classical medieval violin
>patriciangf.jpg
>"W-wanna go hear some plunderphonics artist this week ?"
>"sorry anon, I don't really listen to that kind of stuff."
>"O-okay ahah. What do you like then ?"
>"Ever heard of a band called Arctic Monkeys ?"
>>
>>61437041
>everyone who doesn't listen to /mu/core has terrible taste
>>
>>61436765
you're implying they're wrong, anon
>>
>be me
>be fucking retard
>"i have a different music taste to whatever /mu/ likes"
>uh oh looks like i cant be accepted into society because im so patrician!
>>
>>61437041
Protip: it's not their taste that is terrible.
>>
>>61437041
One of them is getting better, but this is incredibly true
>>
>>61437313
They are, since the jazz and the prog they listen to usually isn't even the good one
>>
>>61437520
prog is shit
>>
if you're a typical performer, your job could honestly be automated. it's stupid as fuck to dedicate your life to formal music and not be a composer or at least an academic
>>
>>61437540
Then that proves my point, fella.
>>
>>61437520
prog is shit
>>
Is it possible to get a PhD in music and still enjoy rap?
>>
>>61436765
Why hating on the technique? The better you can play, the most likely you'll come up with stuff without hurting yourself...

How many people can't play their instrument without feeling pain somewhere after a while?

There's so much music (classical/jazz) that sounds so pretentious on its own you can't help it...
>>
>>61436765
>pretentious
Just because intellect looks like arrogance from down below doesn't make it pretentious. Fox and grapes.
>>
>>61437746
These idiots unironically listen to unpopular pop music as long as the producer looks like Shrek.
>>
>>61437785
Found the unemployed music major
>>
>>61437041

The most versed people i know in Wagner also likes the worst Manowar album.
>>
>>61437041
That's because they don't actually like music
>>
>>61437785
This.
Most people don't take this attitude to their work and hobbies. They're doing this stuff because they enjoy it or because it pays. Not because they think they're better than you.
>>
>>61437785
>>
I just realized I've met at least a dozen music therapy majors but I've never met a "music therapist" in my life
>>
>>61437679
I've been studying music for a year now and enjoy rap more than ever
>>
>>61437041
>(I'm not sure what a good broad term for baroque/classical/romantic music is)
"european art music"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music
>>
>>61437041
I'd have to agree, I've been playing music sice a young age too but god some people I know just have the worst taste ever.

>Amazing violinist
>loves fucking regina spektor

>amazing viola player
>favourite band is red hot chilli peppers

>incredible pianist
>likes lorde and other pleb shit

Fucking why? They don;t even listen to the classical music they play.
>>
>>61437041
So fucking true. Just goes to show that pop music operates on a completely different set of rules and goals than classical.
>>
>>61437785
I've seen a lot of performers making it more about "how they're feeling it right now (while making semi-orgasmic faces/overreacting movements)" than just trying to outperform themselves...

They know they have to put up a show and they over do it because after so much repetition you just stop feeling it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.