[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this album still be relevant in 20 years? How about 50?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (772 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
file.png
772 KB, 700x700
Will this album still be relevant in 20 years?

How about 50?
>>
it's not even relevant today
>>
>>61436521
literally the modern Pet Sounds
>>
>>61436521
>>
>>61436501
Yes and yes, also post any album from the past that still does not have some kind of following to this day. Once an artwork is released, especially in the internet age, it will continue to be examined for all of eternity, theres no exceptions to this rule.
>>
remember how people used to say Joe Jackson was some kind of huge deal because he fused both current pop with older jazz influences and would probably be as influential a musician as Bowie?
Same thing.
>>
>>61436501

20 years yes. 50 it's too hard to tell. It is a fantastic album, but still overrated by Pitchfork.
>>
not to me anyway
>>
File: 4662752069_dc0e04ec65_z.jpg (243 KB, 638x640) Image search: [Google]
4662752069_dc0e04ec65_z.jpg
243 KB, 638x640
>>61436545
>post any album from the past that still does not have some kind of following to this day
>>
>>61436545
>also post any album from the past that still does not have some kind of following to this day
>>
>>61436521
>>61436534
that's wrong because its a 10/10.

reply to bait aside, it will.
>>
>>61436825
nice double baiting senpai, but this album is mediocre outside of the rap genre. unless you actually are a p4k drone in which case you should kill yourself
>>
>>61436851

here's your reply.
>>
808s will go down as the most important album of the 2000s. The rest of Kanye's albums will be generally forgotten.
>>
>>61436992
Give us one good reason why it would be considered important
>inb4 muh autotune
Autotune was used way before this album came out, and the way it was used is not especially different from what was being done at the time.
>>
>>61437021
do you have any idea how influential it is?
>>
Why will it not be relevant? The idea of a Greek tragedy is timeless, and if anything the story of someone struggling with fame and public life will be more relevant than today
>>
>>61436501
lol this shit isn't even relevant now
>>
>>61436521
Kek no. Raised the bar for new skool acts
>>
>>61436501
yes
yes
>>
I love this album but I'm going to say no. Most of the emotional appeal of this record is rooted in the context of Kanye-as-public-villain, something people won't understand in the future.
>>
>>61437119
It's pretty hard for us to understand why Elvis was vilified for shaking his hips, but Kanye's offenses like interrupting Taylor Swift are timeless.

Kanye's antics prove he is concerned about his legacy and not wanting to be a flash in the pan star who gains brief attention for doing something sexually provocative like Miley Cyrus.
>>
>>61436501
imagine how crazy this album would be remembered if kanye died in like 2011

or went into hiding or something

this is kinda selfish to say but he's really spoiling his legacy with shit like yeezus and whatever he's huffing to make SWISH
>>
>>61437353
I thought Yeezus was really good, but maybe it's his Scary Monsters. As in his last really great album before a long string of mediocre ones.
>>
>>61437021
listen to any popular rap right now and tell me 808s didn't influence it. MBDTF didn't influence anything.
>>
>>61437784

>MBDTF didn't influence anything

listen to more music
>>
>>61438043
pls explain
>>
>>61438075

He means that you should listen to more music because you are wrongly informed.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.