[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw acid trip with friends yesterday >tfw all I want is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: brain will sun.jpg (140 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
brain will sun.jpg
140 KB, 1401x788
>tfw acid trip with friends yesterday
>tfw all I want is to lose myself to Pet Sounds with everyone
>tfw no one else vibes to it
>tfw I can't share the most perfect acid bad (beach boys) with my friends

:(
>>
The Beach Boys are far from the perfect acid band, they're way too emotionally heavy. Listening to Smile or Petsounds is such a massive headtrip, which can be fun, but it's also the same reason what happened to Brian happened. He spent way too much time lost in that shit, and it comes out 110% in his music.
>>
>>61434638
i guess i never thought of it being too emotionally heavy, maybe it's just been because I've been listening to them so much recently but during the trip I was listening to the album Surf's Up and thought it was such a perfect sweet spot between emotional and warm and pretty, i guess no one else thought so
>>
Pet Sounds is boring as shit. I can't believe you wasted good acid on that instead of listening to Surf's Up or Smiley Smile
>>
>>61434866
believe me I know, I did eventually settle on Surf's Up (I like it a lot better)

Disney Girls is my favorite song and my trip peaked while I listened to it
>>
I always thought Pet Sounds was a good album to smoke a joint to, but Smiley Smile was a better album for dropping acid. (That plus the song Cabin Essence)
>>
someone rec another good acid album that I wouldn't expect pls

also bump
>>
>>61435448
Increcible String Band- Hagman's Beautiful Daughter
>>
>>61435533
>Hagman
*Hangman
>>
>>61435448
I know it get's a lot of hate but MPP is a great acid album and the obvious one is Sgt. Peppers
>>
>>61435554
oh I listened to plenty of Sgt Peppers, I'll keep MPP in mind

>>61435533
thanks!
>>
>>61435448
The Seer and To Be Kind
>>
>>61435610
wow I'll be honest with you both of those albums would give me a panic attack haha
>>
>>61434638
pretty sure the 'real' reason was because their music sounds dated af and people in 2016 don't want to hear a barbershop-singing boyband harmonize over cars no longer in production and girls with hyphenated names.

Of course it's beautiful, emotional, thoughtful, and mature music... but it's far too indebted to the time in which it was recorded. I can think of nearly 100 records I'd rather listen to while under the influence of psychedelics.
>>
>>61435655
I wasn't even saying that's why his friends didn't want to listen to it, I was just making a statement. Also I don't agree with your post at all, music from the 60's sounds as fresh to me as music from last week.
>>
>>61435655
>over cars no longer in production

Do people seriously still have this stigma? Pet Sounds and Smile and Surf's Up and even some parts of records like Sunflower and Today are incredibly far past the "boyband harmonizing" of early Beach Boys
>>
>>61435655
>barbershop-singing boyband harmonize over cars no longer in production and girls with hyphenated names.
If you seriously think this describes all of The Beach Boys' music then you're an idiot that hasn't actually listened to them. Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Surf's Up, Sunflower and many other albums of theirs are far beyond their early "barbershop-singing boyband" work.
>>
>>61435726
Yes, that's why Brian wanted to change their name to The Beach at one point, because he could never escape Surfin Summer
>>
File: Brian Wilson.jpg (27 KB, 620x386) Image search: [Google]
Brian Wilson.jpg
27 KB, 620x386
>>61435655
>2016
>there are still people that think The Beach Boys are a glorified boyband
When is this bullshit going to die? The Beatles started out as a glorified boyband but everyone knows that they evolved beyond that and made some amazing albums like Abbey Road. When is the general public going to realize that The Beach Boys also evolved beyond their boyband shit and made amazing albums like Pet Sounds?
>>
>>61435996
this post gave me botulism
>>
>>61436061
Never fucking respond to me again unless you're contributing to the discussion.
>>
>>61435598
not the same guy but MPP is on another level when on acid man, it has some many layers of sound that your brain picks up, is incredible, all while still being pop so you dont get any bad vibes
>>
>>61436251
that's good to hear

I can't tell if I'm alone in this but I just, on the trip, had no desire to hear 'mind bending' and 'trippy' music that would make me glitch out and have a crazy bad vibe, the pop music like Beach Boys and Beatles and Bowie I was listening to was so clear and vibrant and warm and in my opinion so much better as 'acid music'
>>
>>61435655
i pity you
>>
I lost myself to "Til I Die" last trip I had. Emotionally overwhelming , but not in a really bad way.
>>
>>61434902
>>61436641
These are great picks but Feel Flows will always be the ultimate tripping song, it's absolutely transcendent
>>
>>61436705
True that. I remember being on a trip and sitting at the piano and playing that and Disney Girls. Making music on acid is such a beautiful experience.
>>
Objectively best acid music: Chief Keef
>>
File: avalanches.jpg (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
avalanches.jpg
80 KB, 500x500
>>61435448
The Avalanches - Since I Left You
>>
>>61436867
good choice, I actually played the first song at least, it made me so happy to hear "welcome to paradise-paradise-paradise!" and get that feel good rhythm
>>
>>61434589
>tfw acid trip yesterday
>start sobbing because I'm such a beta loser
>then start laughing because I'm on fucking acid
>then start sobbing again
>tfw traumatized for life
fuck drugs; stop spreading this DUDE WEED LMAO DUDE ACID LMAO bullshit you stupid junkies
>>
>>61436943
I'm glad you enjoyed it. That whole album is a journey. I always keep coming back to it, it's one of a kind.
>>
You sound like me yesterday, except I wasn't trying to play Pet Sounds or anything. I'd honestly play it regardless. Some might not like it but it's not like they judge me harshly because I want to play my own music. Played plenty of Beatles though, but I would've played Pet Sounds had I thought about it.
>>
>>61434638
>but it's also the same reason what happened to Brian happened. He spent way too much time lost in that shit, and it comes out 110% in his music.
Can someone elaborate a bit more on this? Acid made him... more emotional?
>>
>>61437823
It awakened mental illness within him
>>
>>61437514
Lmao they don't know where its at
I get emotional on any drug, especially the weed
Fuck those people who think its some time to just have a cheap giggle
It's an emotional investment!
>>
Pet Sounds is a good album if you actually grew up during the 60s, or if you're a pop music historian who recognizes and appreciates its influence.

It has aged awfully. It sounds like a parody of a 1950s barbershop-quartet. It may be psychedelic in a lyrical sense but the instrumentation itself isn't, except on one of two tracks.

You gotta be one pretentious retard to force your friends through that while they're on acid. There are countlessly many great acid albums. Pet Sounds isn't one of them.
>>
>>61438165
on acid, music like the beach boys sounded incredibly clear and warm to me, i'm sorry that you feel differently d:^)
>>
>>61438277
It would probably sound nice to me as well. I just wouldn't fucking play it with a group of my friends on acid who would don't have an ear for fucking barbershop quartets.
>>
>>61438277
i mean, one or two friends are big beatles fans and dabble in older music, so I thought I'd share it with them, it just didn't catch on like I wished

jeez louise
>>
>>61438326
>>61438394
meant for you
>>
>>61438326
Stop calling them a barbershop quarter. It is a blatant lie and disrespectful to some of the most important and essential music of the 20th century.
You have been warned
>>
>>61438458
I'm not saying they are, I'm saying they sound exactly like one.
To the ear of people who listen to music mainly for the lyrics and vocals(see normies), they're gonna be tripping thinking "what the fuck is this faggot ass barbershop quartet band boy shit, is anon gay or something?"
>>
>>61437514
>being this much of a bitch
just because you lost your shit over some acid it doesnt mean it happens to everyone, grow up
>>
File: MI0001939987.jpg (48 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
MI0001939987.jpg
48 KB, 400x392
>2016
>not listening to based pic related when tripping
hello reddit
>>
>>61438591
>>
>>61438644
nice numbers
>>
File: 0.jpg (12 KB, 300x160) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
12 KB, 300x160
>>61438591
I MUST'VE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN
>>
>>61437848
>It awakened mental illness within him
What kind of mental illness would you say? He definitely had it before he tripped and he probably just latched onto it rather than do the normal and rational thing on acid which is to analyze it and control it.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.